Wagner's best play ever? GIF expert needed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
On the play where Carlos Hyde was injured, Bobby pulled some Ninja shit. I don't know if the broadcast captures the awesomness, but the endzone angle of the all-22 does.

94, Williams, gets downblocked, and it opens a run gap for Hyde. Bobby sees the gap, but instead of filling it and flushing Hyde a different direction, he runs right into the back of Williams, like he is hiding. Then he shoves Williams to the left, and I mean shoves him hard, which seems to make Hyde cut toward the gap that the snake in the grass Wagner has left looking open. Bobby uses the momentum from his shove of Williams, and a little side push from 75 of the Niners, to spring into the gap and surprise the hell out of Hyde. Who he then smashes the crap out of.

I have no idea if he planned that as it happened or if it just looks that awesome, but he closed off one gap when he pushed Williams and it sure looks like he used that momentum to get into the other gap.

Can any of you people find and embed a GIF of that? 2:15 of the 3rd quarter.

Edit, 253Hawk got me a broadcast version.
http://gfycat.com/NecessaryUnkemptDinosaur

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
See the gap...Hide from Hyde (he is the gold helmet behind everyone)
Wagner1 zps48d4de89

Shove Williams
Wagner2 zpsf1350cef

Smash Hyde
Wagner3 zps662ad066

Some screen captures, still would appreciate a GIF.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
When I was doing my draft analysis years ago I charted several games of Wagner and noticed this Ninja move on several occasions.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":10h9yia0 said:
When I was doing my draft analysis years ago I charted several games of Wagner and noticed this Ninja move on several occasions.
Ninja move is accepted trade jargon, right?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":21rddtb9 said:
Tech Worlds":21rddtb9 said:
Ninja move, and ninja shit are both widely recognized. As is dipsy doo.. ie : he did a little dipsy doo to avoid the block and close on the running back.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wddtc03 said:
Scottemojo":1wddtc03 said:
Tech Worlds":1wddtc03 said:
Ninja move, and ninja shit are both widely recognized. As is dipsy doo.. ie : he did a little dipsy doo to avoid the block and close on the running back.
Dipsy doo sounds a little old school, like if Knute were writing a scouting report.
He pushed Williams so hard that he went down. Big Dipsy Doo?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am not sure which play you mean as I have not had a chance to break down film of this game.

With all the draft analysis and extensive research into team tendencies, trends, player snap counts, etc.. I just haven't broken down the latest Santa Clara game yet.

Let me confer with my western region scouts on this.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3rpuj6ud said:
I am not sure which play you mean as I have not had a chance to break down film of this game.

With all the draft analysis and extensive research into team tendencies, trends, player snap counts, etc.. I just haven't broken down the latest Santa Clara game yet.

Let me confer with my western region scouts on this.
*Tech asks dog to fetch neighbor's paper*

pehawk

Reaction score
The Gore play got the headlines but the Hyde play made me queasy. He twisted dude like a ponytail.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SourAcademicFoal.gif

Confirmed...Bobby Wagner is a ninja disguised as a Seahawk.
DeterminedBitterHawaiianmonkseal.gif

WholeNeighboringGrouse.gif

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawknation2014":28fe77nj said:
Cool tackle, sorry their guy got hurt on the play.

ThirstyNaiveKoi

Needs a little ho down music.

Swing your partner round and round,
throw his 4$$ to the ground.

I've seen Kam do a similar move where he grabs the guy high and his feet never touch the ground.
SC