Pete's Wednesday Press Conference w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for now, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

This is usually a pre-practice press conference, so I don't expect a lot of new information.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Talking about Arizona and their injuries and how impressive it's been.

Pete said that they have studied what film they have on their quarterbacks so they can be ready for them.

On Having Fitzgerald this time vs. last time. Said we have tremendous repsect for him and that he runs well, catches well, blocks well and is a great all around player.

On Russell Okung. He'll have some stuff done tomorrow then they'll know where he is at. Not out of the plan yet.

On why we play so good on prime time...said he doesn't know. We just play the same way each week.

Says the players are excited for the challenge of this big game this week. Sticking with the championship week mentality.

Cardinals are really good up front. We took 7 sacks last time, we need to play better this time.

Max is not practicing today. Said we have a chance for him tomorrow. Said he had a tough recovery from Friday's practice.

Says to play at a championship mentality this late in the year, you need to be comfortable in that setting. Says we have good history doing that and that they are very confident and experienced.

On Moeaki...he's day to day

Helfet will practice today...said that gives them options there.

On Ryan and his dropping the ball....Said it's a one in a million and not something they are worried about.

Said Richardson has a tough mentality....said that his return issues have been from mistakes made on special teams, not on him.

Thought Cable did a good job of fixing issues at the half last week.

on Quinn...he's a fantastic person, great communicator...gifted ball coach with great sense of the game. Easy to communicate with.

Philosophy on interest from other teams....he tells them from the time they are hired that he will help them achieve the goals they have for themselves. It doesn't always work out, but he does really mean that he will do as he says and will do what he can to help them out. Individual goals are something they are always striving towards.

on Turnovers....he says it is something that's been with him since he first started coaching. Called it basically his primary philosophy about the game

That's it for today. Friday is the final press conference before the game

pehawk

Reaction score
Thanks as always, Kid.

Interestingly he pinned all of Richardson's KO struggles on the blocking. Damn near exclusively. Says there's free runners all the time. I know Montana's boyfriend, Danny Kelly, has been trumpeting that belief for awhile.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk...I was out chopping wood waiting for a package. Package never arrived...dammit.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":i6wdm1jh said:
Thanks Kidhawk...I was out chopping wood waiting for a package. Package never arrived...dammit.

Metaphor?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ryan has miss handled a couple snaps of late. He is just so good that you can't really give him a hard time about it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pehawk":20tgmeg0 said:
Seahawkfan80":20tgmeg0 said:

Metaphor?

No Pe...it is a package of DVDRW so I can record the game this weekend while I am away on business at the game. I like to watch them later to get what I miss and gain understanding...UPS can not find my place...I live in a lost neighborhood. LOL

OOPS...package was just delivered by Pony Express...in other words, the gentleman walked into the property. Good dude. We are cool with the delivery system.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":apt58g05 said:
pehawk":apt58g05 said:
Seahawkfan80":apt58g05 said:

Metaphor?
If it wasn't, it is now.

Package delivered......Just now...as my edited post says. Hmmmm.....

pehawk

Reaction score
It's really hard to get packages going, when it's snowing. Like stuffing a sock into a coinslot.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
No snow...but it is my driveway which is 80% mud. Ok....not 80%..more like 10%...but 5% and 5% are in the worst places for it to be muddy. I saw the vehicle down the driveway and ran toward my vehicle and the dude yelled my name.....which is on the package of course......so I tried to slip and fall but failing that got my package. He was 85 percent to my place by then. Which is when I was typing the no show package post....So I lied...shoot me. LOL

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":19tond6s said:
Thanks as always, Kid.

Interestingly he pinned all of Richardson's KO struggles on the blocking. Damn near exclusively. Says there's free runners all the time. I know Montana's boyfriend, Danny Kelly, has been trumpeting that belief for awhile.

Just watching the last few from last week; there's 3 guys running free at him by the time he's out of the endzone.

Seriously, you can make 1, even 2 miss. But 3 ? They had him bracketed by the time he hit the 10 yard line. That's not on him, and even Harvin isn't getting it done in that situation.

Field vision is important, but when I have 3 runners coming clean at me.....I wrap up the ball with 2 hands and lean forward. You can't run around, dance and move laterally. That's exactly what Richardson did.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
UPS usually can't find their rearends in the dark with a flashlight.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video is now on .com for those who want to watch it

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-16-Wednesday-Press-Conference-/282d8e9b-b11b-4099-ad9a-7c258baa76a1[/urltargetblank]

10 takeaways from today's press conference (from seahawks.com)

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/10-takeaways-from-Pete-Carroll-Russell-Okung-still-in-the-mix-for-Week-16-at-Arizona-Cardinals/d56497bb-8c21-46f8-9b8e-2531a41ce3ae[/urltargetblank]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3teelzqm said:
UPS usually can't find their rearends in the dark with a flashlight.

I would disagree....I almost went to work for them...Just a situation that I had control of overcontrolled me. The dude knew where I lived and walked to my place. That man I appreciate and RESPECT.