Interesting Richard Sherman Statistic

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
From this article:

NFL Media's research department tells us that Sherman has the lowest opposing passer rating among cornerbacks (minimum 200 targets) over the past 20 years, narrowly edging the latter half of Hall of Famer Deion Sanders' career. According to Pro Football Focus, Sherman's rating has peaked at a Blutarsky-esque 0.0 over the past five weeks, coinciding with the Legion of Boom's rise to the top of the NFL's defensive rankings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...j-watt-leads-list-of-top-10-defensive-players

sutz

Reaction score
I'm surprised
that QBs have thrown towards him 200 times in his career so far.

;)

Sac

Reaction score
Now stop and consider that the average QBs passer rating has ballooned since 1995 for various reasons. Oh, and Sherm actually tackles, too.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
He only has 3 INTs this year. He sucks. Cut the bum.

You hear that Sherm! I'm calling you out. I bet you cant get a single pass deflection against Lindlay this Sunday let alone an INT.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Also interesting, the auther cites that statistic and still places Sherman fourth.

Smellyman

Reaction score
For amusement, what are Patrick Peterson's stats.....?

don't know, but they aren't good

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Smellyman":2d4250bs said:
For amusement, what are Patrick Peterson's stats.....?

don't know, but they aren't good

Something about most TDs and most penalties committed among all cornerbacks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yeah, but he's having an off year. I don't get it. :34853_doh:

I loved watching Deion Sanders, but Sherman is 10x the tackler Sanders ever was, and he's 100% better in run support.

Deion made business decisions about tackling. Sherman blows people up whenever he can.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":29c3cbqr said:
........Oh, and Sherm actually tackles, too.
VERY underappreciated facet of his game IMO. He is a complete football player.
If he's not All-Pro again this year, it'll be purely because of political factors and not related to his play on the field.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2d5tfjqc said:
SacHawk2.0":2d5tfjqc said:
........Oh, and Sherm actually tackles, too.
VERY underappreciated facet of his game IMO. He is a complete football player.
If he's not All-Pro again this year, it'll be purely because of political factors and not related to his play on the field.

And since his receiver rarely has the ball, most of his tackles are on running backs (playing the run because he's "bored") or the occasional receiver that caught a 4 yard ball in between zone coverage.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Would it be possible to get a statistics comparison between Sherman, revis, Patterson, haden, etc at this point? I'm on my phone so it would be tough to throw something together.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3mmo8me5 said:
From this article:

NFL Media's research department tells us that Sherman has the lowest opposing passer rating among cornerbacks (minimum 200 targets) over the past 20 years, narrowly edging the latter half of Hall of Famer Deion Sanders' career. According to Pro Football Focus, Sherman's rating has peaked at a Blutarsky-esque 0.0 over the past five weeks, coinciding with the Legion of Boom's rise to the top of the NFL's defensive rankings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...j-watt-leads-list-of-top-10-defensive-players
Imagine if he were allowed to actually play defense like anybody before 1981 or even Deion for that matter.