Saw Steelers fan at the store

Crizilla

Reaction score
i had my Seahawks sweater on. He said if i thought Seahawks would win this week.... i said yeah with the way our defense is playing right now. Convo went on for a little bit longer...then i mention a matchup with the steelers would be a good match up and rematch.........

then he said we would just complain about the refs again

now i really want this match up to happen and we DESTROY THEM

kidhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1xoymcbi said:
i had my Seahawks sweater on. He said if i thought Seahawks would win this week.... i said yeah with the way our defense is playing right now. Convo went on for a little bit longer...then i mention a matchup with the steelers would be a good match up and rematch.........

then he said we would just complain about the refs again

now i really want this match up to happen and we DESTROY THEM

I had thought about this myself, but honestly, I don't see how the Steelers are going to survive long in the playoffs. They just aren't that good. Too inconsistent

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":4hh4o66p said:
BlueBlood":4hh4o66p said:
Why would we complain after we crushed them?

Because of the ticky-tack PI call that gives the Steelers the ball at our 6-yard line. They eventually kick a FG, thus avoiding the first shutout in SB history.

Nailed it

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
BlueTalons":td41s98l said:
XLVIII ended this for me. We have bigger fish and small birds to fry...
^^ This. I have been over XL longer than most on this board. In fact, I never held anything against Pittsburgh because of it either. But that's just me.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
BlueTalons":yeupu4jx said:

Wait a minute...a Cardinal is a type of small bird!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1yf3ohor said:
BlueTalons":1yf3ohor said:
^^ This. I have been over XL longer than most on this board. In fact, I never held anything against Pittsburgh because of it either. But that's just me.
^^^

This. In large part because the Carroll/Schneider regime has shown how a team SHOULD be built, competing with depth all through the roster, built to survive the inevitable injuries. They helped me understand our FO was our own worst enemy that season, and cost us the SB as much or more than the refs.

2005 Hawks, Marquand Manuel goes down in the second quarter of SBXL with a hammie pull, and the 2005 'Hawks plug in... Etric Pruitt? Man off the street? In reality, we got lucky with (few) injuries that year, but had the bad luck to lose a key player in the SB and have no depth to plug in.

2013, we flat out had next man up stepping up all season. It allowed us to let players heal fully and come back strong when it mattered most, and then stay healthy. Hell, even No-Heart-vin got healthy for SB 48. We got Okung and KJ back healthy for that game too.

2014, we lose Max Unger at a key point in the season, the the FO brings in Lemuel JeanPierre and he plays super-solid this key part of the season. We lose Brandon Mebane, and Williams and Hill and others step up. Obviously, we don't want to lose any of our key players, Kam, Wags, Earl, Sherm, but if we do, there are guys way, way better than Etric Pruitt to step in for them, and who know the system well.

It's now as pointless for Seahawks fans to hold onto 2005 and SB XL as it is for Packer fans to hold onto and whine about "The Catch", or as they call it, "Fail Mary".

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Over it?...probably somewhat.
For some reason a Seahawks on Steelers curb stomp still creates a little extra satisfaction.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
olyfan63":3v7g5b3k said:
It's now as pointless for Seahawks fans to hold onto 2005 and SB XL as it is for Packer fans to hold onto and whine about "The Catch", or as they call it, "Fail Mary".
One cost a team a Super Bowl, another was the correct call that "cost" a team a regular season win. Hardly comparable. The only reason there was so much outrage over the Packers loss is because the media absolutely LOVES the Packers.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3ibb8ztz said:
For some reason a Seahawks on Steelers curb stomp still creates a little extra satisfaction.

Kinda my sentiments too. Looking forward to having them in our house next year. Is there anybody here that doesn't think the 12's aren't going to be pumped for that one?? Despite all of the "over it" talk.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1jh722ww said:
Grahamhawker":1jh722ww said:

Kinda my sentiments too. Looking forward to having them in our house next year. Is there anybody here that doesn't think the 12's aren't going to be pumped for that one?? Despite all of the "over it" talk.
Both of you expressed my feelings as well.
I've never held anything against their franchise. Their fans and the NFL on the other hand..................

olyfan63

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2mbq9n77 said:
olyfan63":2mbq9n77 said:
One cost a team a Super Bowl, another was the correct call that "cost" a team a regular season win. Hardly comparable. The only reason there was so much outrage over the Packers loss is because the media absolutely LOVES the Packers.

Dude, you go head and hang onto SBXL as long as you want to. Whine a little extra if you want.
And Packer fans who feel like hanging onto Fail Mary and whining should know they are absolutely entitled to do so as well. Hey, it's a free country. (Well, not really, but that's too big a topic for here)

The refs were only one factor in SBXL, and the injury-resiliency-preparation of our team (or lack thereof) by the FO and coaching staff were bigger factors. The refs didn't allow a 76 yard run for a TD or allow a trick play 40+ yard TD pass.
Now we've see how a truly great FO and coaching staff, PC/JS, approach preparing a team to be resilient in the face of injuries.

Are you auditioning for the .NET drama queen title? The "troll queen" of .NET?

And the media doesn't "LOVE the Packers" any more than they do the Seahawks. The media just plays up whatever emotional angle will get eyeballs, attention, page hits, viewers. "We wuz robbed!" is time-honored and proven as an attention getting theme. That's what the media loves.

olyfan63

Reaction score
All that said, a Seahawks curb-stomp of the Steelers will always hold extra satisfaction. It rates up there with a curb-stomp of the 49ers, possibly above.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm over XL too, I've had plenty of non SeaHawk fans tell me that we got the shaft.

Bout the only time I mention XL any more is when some dumb ass says we get all the calls.

Hell with the steelers and revenge, I want Brady.
Beating Manning AND Brady in B2B Super Bowls would be a Dream come True.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3cfeuh7k said:
BlueBlood":3cfeuh7k said:
Why would we complain after we crushed them?

Because of the ticky-tack PI call that gives the Steelers the ball at our 6-yard line. They eventually kick a FG, thus avoiding the first shutout in SB history.

Actually yes.. that sounds exactly right!

Threedee

Reaction score
I want the Steelers to be part of our potential threepeat. Broncos last year, and Patriots this year. Then we curbstomp Pittsburgh down in Santa Clara.