In Arizona

SeahawkNAtl

Reaction score
I don't post much but I could not go on being silent any longer about this game coming up on Sunday night.
Everyone is talking about the last time that we played them and even last year. But the game that they talk about last year is the home loss.... WTH Man! Why isn't anyone talking about how we whooped them the last time we played in Arizona! Their defense was good if not better, and we ran up and down the field on them.

I think that we are giving their defense way to much credit. That is just my opinion. I think that if we don't make mistakes then they can't stop us. They couldn't stop the Falcons! Steven Jackson had over 100 rushing yards on them. They got thrashed!

The one thing that I do know is that you live and die by the blitz. We will be ready for all aspects of it. They will get their sacks, but we will score. I'm just saying, I've watched a lot of their games and their defense is overrated. It is good, but not as good as people make it to be.

Mark my words; "This game will not be close by the end of the 3rd qtr!" 33 - 6, and I will eat crow if I am wrong. I was more afraid of the 49ers last game then I am of these guys.
Here are some stats from last time we visited Arizona

Total Yards
344 234
Yards per play
5.4 3.3
Total Drives
14 12
Passing
209 204
Comp - Att
18-29 30-45
Yards per pass
7.2 4.5
Interceptions thrown
0 2
Sacks - Yards Lost
3-26 7-54
Rushing
135 30

I'm just saying! Dang!

Largent80

Reaction score
I think last year is not THIS year.

That being said, Our offense is better than theirs and our current defense looks to be as good or better than last years.

Comparing games even from this year is off base because of penalties and the way the ball bounces.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like the confidence. I honestly don't see how they can score on us with LIndley.

I think the biggest difference I've seen with their defense is that we did handle them pretty well down there last year, then they came up here and handled our offense really well. Then this year they limited our offense a good bit, but couldn't get anything going on our defense.

I think after that win they had against us at home, it's given their defense some confidence. Also, I think Bowles might have hit on a few good things against us that are working, and I'm betting that Bevell hasn't exactly countered well.

They used to run blitz us before to stop Lynch, but we'd beat them over the top and pass well on them. I remember the last couple of years we wouldn't be able to run on them very well, but would rack up 250 yards of passing offense. Russ has had some pretty good games against them.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We 'whooped' them with Okung at LT, did we not? We're still not sure Sweezy will play, and if he'll last the game if he does. Combine all of that with a backup Center and I'm not so sure where the confidence is coming from...especially against a blitz happy D that executes extremely well.

If we at least had Unger, we might be able to muster something that resembles decent blocking. I will heave a sigh of relief if we win this one. It's all on the D. They will have to stop'em AND score all of the points. RW should have his lowest passer rating of the season. They sacked him seven times last time, and Arians correctly stated it should have been eleven times...and now we have Bailey at LT.
Not sure how anyone can walk into this game with their chest puffed out.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah and I say we take their undefeated home record from them this year........and call their mothers' profanities while doing it. I hope we make Arizona fans absolutely despise us this year and from here on out.

northseahawk

Reaction score
All their Defense does is all out blitz almost every down. Thats all I see out of them. This is a game where Turban could be very important, who can take advantage of the blitzing Linebackers and slip out to make catches. They could be big.

kf3339

Reaction score
The only two things that could possibly hurt us are offensive turnovers near our end zone and special team mistakes. Without either of these in their favor I don't think they have a shot in Hell.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
northseahawk":7jgybbp7 said:
All their Defense does is all out blitz almost every down. Thats all I see out of them. This is a game where Turban could be very important, who can take advantage of the blitzing Linebackers and slip out to make catches. They could be big.

I'm not saying it's not working for them, and I'm not saying it's not good strategy, but the fact that they do it begs the question why do the Cards blitz almost every down?

You could argue it's to create unpredictable pressure, or to keep the offense off-balance etc. You could also argue it's because they can't do what they want with their base defense without blitzing one or more defenders. To get what they get with the blitz, they have to give something up. There will be exploitable situations; if the Hawks can take advantage a few times it will ease my stress quite a bit.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":lnsngd7v said:
We 'whooped' them with Okung at LT, did we not? We're still not sure Sweezy will play, and if he'll last the game if he does. Combine all of that with a backup Center and I'm not so sure where the confidence is coming from...especially against a blitz happy D that executes extremely well.

If we at least had Unger, we might be able to muster something that resembles decent blocking. I will heave a sigh of relief if we win this one. It's all on the D. They will have to stop'em AND score all of the points. RW should have his lowest passer rating of the season. They sacked him seven times last time, and Arians correctly stated it should have been eleven times...and now we have Bailey at LT.
Not sure how anyone can walk into this game with their chest puffed out.

If the Defense can't hold them...then we'll have to turn Russell loose and out score them! ;)