Offensive pass formations YOU want to see

danp1990

Reaction score
In my point of view I would love to see 1)shotgun formation screens and , 2)quick shots every now and then from our zone read looks. 3) ground and pound constantly from the A,and B gaps...By screens off the shotgun , I mean these like green bay does to the giants - 1)

Attachments

• 330px-GBNYShotgun.jpg
    330px-GBNYShotgun.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 558
OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Quick rhythm timing pass on slants, dig routs, in and out routes to counter act the insane amount of blitzing AZ does. Derell Bevell needs to reach into his west coast offensive bag and pull some of those concepts out. Just my point of view guys .what types of formations would you like to see?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Anything that doesn't include an empty back set.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
rjdriver":1oos0kss said:
Anything that doesn't include an empty back set.

Yep. And anything that makes defenses pay dearly for over zealous blitzing. Bevell needs to implement quick throws over the middle to tight ends and WRs to make teams pay for it. I have no idea why he doesn't see it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Screens that don't include "bubble" in the name (unless we can totally fake them out on one and have really good blocking in front of it). Slants. Runs. Basically anything that makes them pay for blitzing. Go for quick passes with pre-snap reads.

Hawks46

Reaction score
danp1990":sdyztuy5 said:
2) quick passes from our zone read like the pass to locket in week 1 again the Packers that got us a TD.

You summed up nicely what I was thinking in both of your posts.

The recurring theme I'm seeing from everyone is that we want stuff to counter that blitz. To me, this game is going to test exactly how valuable Bevell really is to us. If he can't come up with a way to counter blitzes (specifically from AZ) then we need to let some team have him and get fresh blood in here. I don't think Bevell is horrible, but we seem to be stagnating.

Arizona is going to be even better next year when they get all their players back. They draft well and have good coaching in place. They are our new biggest threat for the division, not SF. If Bowles (or whoever else AZ has at DC) keeps eating Bevell's lunch, it's going to make it that much harder for us to consistently beat them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seems like we've actually been running the bubble screen quite well lately. Didn't Kearse have a nice 7 or 8 yard gain on one last week?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
When Arizona stacks 8 I wanna see us pull a flee flicker!!! :th2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2y2v7tps said:
Bevell needs to implement quick throws over the middle to tight ends and WRs to make teams pay for it. I have no idea why he doesn't see it.

Probably because Wilson doesn't.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Bubble screens dont work when you dont know who is blitzing. They cover the edges and middle very well. We need Paul and DB cross cross routes and Lockette go deep. With that run the ball in the middle, that's how you can beat the blitz on Arizona. Have TEs block.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Trips right with ADB, Kearse, and Moeaki/ Tukuafu. Richardson wide left. Shotgun with Lynch set strong side.

Fake the read option to Lynch running left. Moeaki/Tuk pinch in to meet the line which is shifting to the right as Wilson runs that direction. ADB and Kearse run a second level pass protection route to suck in the coverage and buy time.

Look for Richardson man on man on a slant behind the second level coverage. Lynch is second read who should only have a FS to beat. If covered run for what you can.

- bsd

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05 very valid point, our TE's right now cannot block well specially after 1-2 seconds with a holding call waiting to happen.But we can pass seem routes to them if the backers are peaking to see wilson or lynch. out routes would also be good.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Any that result in positive yardage and completed passes. No more of those ones that result in loss of yardage, incomplete passes, or sacks.

pehawk

Reaction score
danp1990":1x6xruy1 said:
MontanaHawk05 very valid point, our TE's right now cannot block well specially after 1-2 seconds with a holding call waiting to happen.But we can pass seem routes to them if the backers are peaking to see wilson or lynch. out routes would also be good.

To be fair, most TE's can't solo block. That's why Zach makes the big dollars.

Bigskydoc is steadily rising on my "Seahawks.net member power index poll".

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If you want to see some truly interesting sets sometime google Bob Stith at Colorado School of Mines.

Latest posts