Chance they don't sign Russell Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneCold

Reaction score
When a co-worker first mentioned this I wanted to smack him upside the head for being stupid. But with the KJ signing it is clear this team values defense. All the major signings are on defense. Offense? Tate? Buh bye. Marshawn? No extension. Giacomini? Gone. I think their is a possibility that Pete looks at the equation of a game as hold them to 14, score 15. Do that 8 times out of 10 and you're in the mix.

Personally I'll be shocked and saddened if they don't, but I could see them reworking the offense a bit, spend less on the QB and bit more on the Oline and you could squeeze out 15 to 20 points a game. The money you save you spend on the D.

Totally crazy idea?

SC

Largent80

Reaction score
RW is the heart of the offense. Wagner on the D. Both are RFA. The team has time on their side.

Boycie

Reaction score
StoneCold":3su8kyb8 said:
When a co-worker first mentioned this I wanted to smack him upside the head for being stupid. But with the KJ signing it is clear this team values defense. All the major signings are on defense. Offense? Tate? Buh bye. Marshawn? No extension. Giacomini? Gone. I think their is a possibility that Pete looks at the equation of a game as hold them to 14, score 15. Do that 8 times out of 10 and you're in the mix.

Personally I'll be shocked and saddened if they don't, but I could see them reworking the offense a bit, spend less on the QB and bit more on the Oline and you could squeeze out 15 to 20 points a game. The money you save you spend on the D.

Totally crazy idea?

SC

There is no way that happens. Without Russel, there is no way we win 11-12 games this year. The amount of pressure that Russ gets is immense, and any other QB would be sacked way more than he has, and would probably have been injured too. Russel's elusiveness allows us to have a mediocre O-line on the cheap.

The cap is set to rise next year, so I don't think we are in a bad spot. Besides, I think RW would take a bit of a discount with guaranteed money if it helped keep the core together.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Cut Wilson, trade a 1st rounder for a proven elite QB in Jay Cutler.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There's zero chance. Nada, zilch, nyet, bupkiss.

Besides, investing in the O-line doesn't mean anything if you've got a mediocre QB behind it who can't make plays.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Chance they don't resign Russell Wilson? How about, zero.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, not this again.

Zero chance, just delete the thread; don't even bother locking it. There's freedom of discussion, and then there's out-and-out trolling.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Put Cutler behind this line and he best quit smoking cause wind sprints out of the way of charging defensive ends is the order of the day. He like pouting now I imagine he would be real bad when hit about every other drop back.

themunn

Reaction score
StoneCold":aez3pnnt said:

Totally crazy idea?

SC

Apart from the 4 year $31m deal he signed in 2011 you mean?

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
This is not trolling and Cutler is part of what got me thinking about this. Cutler is being paid 22 million. And no I don't think he's who you would bring in. I have no idea who it would be or how the Offense could or would be reworked to get you to the 15 to 20 points Pete wants. With Cutler getting 22 mill, how much is Russell worth? 25? 26? What if another team with more cap room offers RW 30 Mill? How much is too much before you say we have to look at other options?

SC

Basis4day

Reaction score
StoneCold":qt7tj5cj said:
This is not trolling and Cutler is part of what got me thinking about this. Cutler is being paid 22 million. And no I don't think he's who you would bring in. I have no idea who it would be or how the Offense could or would be reworked to get you to the 15 to 20 points Pete wants. With Cutler getting 22 mill, how much is Russell worth? 25? 26? What if another team with more cap room offers RW 30 Mill? How much is too much before you say we have to look at other options?

SC

That other team can't negotiate with Russell till the end of the 2015 Season, which gives the Seahawks the advantage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":t1k4k5xs said:

SC

So you think Russell and Cutler are the same quarterbacks?

One is an apathetic underachieving horrible team leader the likes of which the league hasn't seen since Jeff George retired. The other is Russell Wilson.

If you're going to compare, compare Russell to Rodgers, Brady, Manning or Luck........because that's the type of impact he has on this team.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qtvliqq said:
StoneCold":3qtvliqq said:

SC

So you think Russell and Cutler are the same quarterbacks?

One is an apathetic underachieving horrible team leader the likes of which the league hasn't seen since Jeff George retired. The other is Russell Wilson.

If you're going to compare, compare Russell to Rodgers, Brady, Manning or Luck........because that's the type of impact he has on this team.

I'm not comparing Cutler to Russell. I think Cutler sucks and as I said I wouldn't bring him in. The point I was making is if Cutler is being paid 22 Russell is worth a lot more. How much is too much?

SC

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1yhpsyph said:
Jesus Christ, not this again.

Zero chance, just delete the thread; don't even bother locking it. There's freedom of discussion, and then there's out-and-out trolling.
I'm still trying to figure out why anybody is actually posting in this thread in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.