"Pretty good quarterback, I guess"

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
basically he just said that seahawks defense is playing great. The offense is good with "a pretty good quarterback, I guess". He gave a shout out to Baldwin and Kearse.

Bprez3

Reaction score
He wasn't talking about his old college QB Jimmy Clausen getting the start this Sunday?

slipwax

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":2olwcwk9 said:
He was asked about this years Hawks. Tate praised the D, said Balding and Kearse are doing well under the circumstances, and that Wilson is "a pretty good quarterback, I guess."

The whole interview will air at 9:15 tonight

2_0_6

Reaction score
I liked Tate while he was here, but the dude has done nothing but look like a little baby since he has been gone. Damn near any decent receiver would have great numbers in a pass heavy offense like that, not to mention with the defense mainly focusing on Megatron.

If we meet in the playoffs, I love to see Kam lay the wood on him.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
slipwax":sphokbpl said:
Yoonhawk":sphokbpl said:
He was asked about this years Hawks. Tate praised the D, said Balding and Kearse are doing well under the circumstances, and that Wilson is "a pretty good quarterback, I guess."

The whole interview will air at 9:15 tonight

Thanks. I guess this puts to rest the notion that notion that Tate and Wilson are still friends and that the rumors aren't true.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3qtawypu said:
I liked Tate while he was here, but the dude has done nothing but look like a little baby since he has been gone. Damn near any decent receiver would have great numbers in a pass heavy offense like that, not to mention with the defense mainly focusing on Megatron.

Man, lay off the Wilson protection program. RW hasn't had a great year passing, matter O fact, he has not progressed from last year and that's a fact. Wonder why that is... Might have to do with Tate leaving? Bitch about the O line all you want but we can all see the same thing on TV.
Tate became a really good receiver and better punt returner for the Hawks and is proving his worth on a team with a legit sustainable passing offense and that does not make him a baby. Try and explain how our special teams are better without Tate this year? You cant because they aren't.

Tate is proving his worth outside of Seattle and your acting like a petulant child. Just stop. Tate is a really good NFL receiver. Take the homer glasses off.

Smellyman

Reaction score
irocdave":1zeogp4n said:
Hawk_Nation":1zeogp4n said:

Man, lay off the Wilson protection program. RW hasn't had a great year passing, matter O fact, he has not progressed from last year and that's a fact. Wonder why that is... Might have to do with Tate leaving? Bitch about the O line all you want but we can all see the same thing on TV.
Tate became a really good receiver and better punt returner for the Hawks and is proving his worth on a team with a legit sustainable passing offense and that does not make him a baby. Try and explain how our special teams are better without Tate this year? You cant because they aren't.

Tate is proving his worth outside of Seattle and your acting like a petulant child. Just stop. Tate is a really good NFL receiver. Take the homer glasses off.

man, lay off the Tate protection program

Laloosh

Reaction score
Is "petulant child" the buzzword of the month?

kearly

Reaction score
It's pretty well established that Tate isn't Wilson's biggest fan these days. Whatever anyone thinks of the rumors, Tate openly admits that something personal went on between him and Russ.

Really sucks for all involved, as a fan of both players I'm just happy that both Wilson and Tate have found success apart from each other this season.

slipwax

Reaction score
FWIW, Tate had nothing but praise for the organization, the 12th man, and the city of Seattle

2_0_6

Reaction score
irocdave":3oemopil said:
Hawk_Nation":3oemopil said:

Petulant child? That's cute. He's a DECENT receiver on a good PASS HEAVY offense with a first ballot hall of famer lining up opposite of him. H

If you actually would listen to his comments on both local and national media, he ALWAYS brings up the fact that the organization "disrespected him". So what if they offered him less than what he got, good for him but why keep whining about it? That would be like me leaving my job because they wont pay me what I want, and when I find a company who will I will go out of my way and make sure to tell everyone how bad the last place was. Seems rather childish, move on and enjoy your money in the armpit of America.

If you cant see that injuries and the unexpected trade of Harvin midseason hasn't affected this offense this season then your blind. Maybe its you wearing the homer glasses?

HawkWow

Reaction score
We don't hear Wilson gushing over Tate, either. That and Tate always was a bit sensitive. Imagine where his head is at after basically warning the FO of Percy Harvin, then basically losing his job to Percy "6th rd pick" Harvin. And to add insult to injury, getting body slammed by Harvin. Now, stuck living in frikin Detroit he's sayin' this ain't my beautiful life. And all before his 26th birthday.

Tate was huge in our SB year, He'll always be part of Hawk-lore for me. We should allow him these mild shots, whether real or perceived, and hope for his growth and success...certainly not injury (?).

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Didn't hear the interview but Tate's probably just upset he isn't with his boys competing for championships now and in the future

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
+1

He is saying a little bit of crap, but he EARNED the right to say it.

That Rams game he almost personally won for us, without him we lose that one.

There are a couple of games his Punt Return turned it around for us too.

Bottomline, he may or may not have done something bad - but we likely won't know the whole story anyway. On the football field though, he delivered to the tune of keeping us in the race for division lead, got us homefield in the playoffs and indeed contributed for the SB win.

Tate wasn't the greatest route runner but he was stellar in getting contested balls and getting open when Russ was in trouble to deliver a big play for us. To say nothing of his Lynchian ability to break tackles.

And he had to leave Seattle to have to live in Detroit. I am sure Detroit has some nice areas, but it isn't the PNW.

Give the guy a break, he won it for us and he has to deal with disappointment of having to have left one of the best teams in the NFL. AND he should get plus points for helping Detroit to get back into winning too.

Bprez3

Reaction score
My take away from the interview was his reaction to the donut comment towards the end.

As far as him gushing over the organization, and the fans that was predictable. His comment or potential slight towards Wilson was equally predictable. It's the equivalent to one of us not getting along with someone at our job. The only difference is he is saying what he said on the radio not the water cooler.