Confidence Level going into this weekend?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mine is pretty high. I'm not a gambler, so I haven't exactly bet on it, but...

0vvvXes

I'm not a superstitious guy at all. In fact I'm the guy that pisses everybody at work off by talking about how quiet it has been, turning off the lights in all the empty labor rooms (if you work at a hospital you understand that these are cardinal sins). However, five min after I made the reservation, the waiter brought out the fortune cookies for my kid (big Hawks fan) and I.

Here they are.

2ExZBrr

Read em and weep Cards/Pack fans

-bsd rpa

Hawks46

Reaction score
Really high. Which is fairly unusual for me.

I honestly can't see how they're going to beat a very good defense in Seattle with a QB like Lindley.

The Cards defense would have to pitch a shutout, and get some turnovers that create offense. We know that, so we're going to be super careful about ball security. We'll be conservative on offense, so it will be an ugly game, but we're going to win it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":s2fhlh2t said:

I honestly can't see how they're going to beat a very good defense in Seattle with a QB like Lindley.

The Cards defense would have to pitch a shutout, and get some turnovers that create offense. We know that, so we're going to be super careful about ball security. We'll be conservative on offense, so it will be an ugly game, but we're going to win it.

Superb owl, and large amounts of money.

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of breaking bad, fantastic btw.

You all should listen to me and Hawks46, oh and maybe that hawksfansinceday1 guy... it is known.

:thirishdrinkers:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawks46":1w9uyz51 said:

Well, is it possible that the Cardinals score ZERO and still beat us? If not, Im confident the Hawks can do a lil better than that.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Confidence level is high. For the Cards to win there will have to be a series of unlikely events - both their team playing exceptionally well (especially at QB) and our team playing exceptionally poorly. I don't see either one of those things happening.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hawks46":3kdr59f9 said:

Basically this. It's really hard to see a Cardinals path to victory that doesn't involve more than one lucky break with turnovers/special teams along with some Rams-level high school play type of stuff. Cards will come out of the gate HEAVY, but if the Hawks can absorb that first shot and then deal a counter-punch, they should carry the day.

They're a better team, and the better team tends to win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Their back up QB's or our depleted patchwork OL ? I'm thinking this will be a defensive struggle.

byau

Reaction score
I am worried I am not more worried. I want to worry about our handicapped O line and their defense. In the end, we have a qb built to improvise.. And our offense is better than theirs. Our defense is better than theirs.

Even with all that I was still nervous ...

But finally a reminder that it's a prime time game and the Seahawks love bringing it in prime time ...

I'm confident ... Which makes me worried. ... :/

GFang

Reaction score
High.

As the above posters state, we're the better team. As long we're smart, focused, patient, and take care of the ball, we should win. Also, we thrive under the lights, and we know how to simultaneously play intense and within control. Cards might be overly amped up for their own good and make mistakes we can capitalize on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm pretty relaxed though I worry a bit about our OL we do have the better offense and defense. So I expect a low scoring game that is close until midway in the 3rd quarter that we win by 10-14 points in the end.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We show up and play our game, we win. We don't have to be perfect, just have to play like we have in the last 4 games.

CHawk

Reaction score
I'm over visiting my Uncle today, he's a big Cowboy fan, first thing he says to me the hawks are winning the super bowl again this year. :thirishdrinkers:

grizbob

Reaction score
CHawk":3kwdarg4 said:
I'm over visiting my Uncle today, he's a big Cowboy fan, first thing he says to me the hawks are winning the super bowl again this year. :thirishdrinkers:

Coming from a Cowboys fan don't know if to cheer or jeer...I'll do the former :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am wavering between full blown confidence and nervous. After all, the Cardinals will be bringing everything they have at us and will be playing like it's the Super Bowl. If this was a random game in September I wouldn't be worried in the least.

Like I said before, I expect to win, but won't be shocked if we lose.

The Seahawks have to play the best game of the season to win tomorrow. Anything short of that and we will be 10-5 with no shot at the #1 or the division title.

cdallan

Reaction score
My confidence level is very high, but I've had a few drinks this evening. In fact, right now I could beat any of you in a fight or score with your wives.

Largent80

Reaction score
Listen. The Cards are 11-3 but soon to be 11-4 with 2 losses to the Hawks.....

C'Mon man!!!!!!!!

kearly

Reaction score
I think this game says a lot about Hawk fan psychosis. Arizona has a negative DVOA for the season- they have essentially played like an 8-8 or 7-9 team but have lucked their way into a historical over-achieving team. And when they played the Seahawks a month ago with a healthier and better team than they have now, they got their asses kicked.

Vegas has Seattle by 8 points, Ryan Lindley is one of the very worst QBs in NFL history, but Hawks fans think this will be a nail biter.

You know Seattle is going to play their asses off in this game. So will Arizona. But it likely won't matter for them, because the talent discrepancy is so steep.

At some point we need to just take some chances emotionally and flash some bravado as fans. The Cardinals suck, and the Seahawks have already proven it. They are about to prove it again.

drdiags

Reaction score
I suffer from battered Seahawks fan syndrome (not to make light of the more serious and hideous DV done in relationships).

After decades of torment don't expect me to be running around beating on my chest. Intellectually I give the Seahawks an overwhelming chance to win. Emotionally, I don't trust those things I cannot control.

I will be kicking stuff if these guys fall on their face tomorrow.