Lord have mercy, we had Percy

byau

Reaction score
A few days to digest what's going on contract wise ...

Anyone else feel like we just traded Percy for Avril and KJ ?

Love it ...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
byau":qx1ulozi said:
A few days to digest what's going on contract wise ...

Anyone else feel like we just traded Percy for Avril and KJ ?

Love it ...
Well if you put it that way I think we got the better end of the deal regardless of the lost draft picks and whatnot.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That's how I am choosing to look at the whole Percy thing.

We just traded Percy Harvin for a conditional 6th round pick, KJ Wright, and Cliff Avril.

I'm good with that trade.

seabowl

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1cidw8fh said:
That's how I am choosing to look at the whole Percy thing.

We just traded Percy Harvin for a conditional 6th round pick, KJ Wright, and Cliff Avril.

I'm good with that trade.

I'm smelling a 4th round pick.

kearly

Reaction score
seabowl":1kobspdn said:

I think you're smelling burnt toast. But hey, it's no fun being a pessimist, so I'm with you.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":7lkzvasz said:
seabowl":7lkzvasz said:

I think you're smelling burnt toast. But hey, it's no fun being a pessimist, so I'm with you.

Help me out here, cause I cant seem to find the terms of this trade, but what exactly nets us a 4th? Was it performance based, or if hes still on the roster for next season?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
What drugs are you guys taking that you can actually tell yourselves that we traded harvin for wright and avril?

We traded valuable picks and gave a huge contract to a guy who was MEDIOCRE in minnesota.

The Hawks basically pulled a Jim Mcillvaine, and Tate is shawn kemp. Except the seahawks traded a 1st, 3rd, 7th for their "jim mcillvaine".

So please, guys, tell me what drugs are required to turn the worst trade in Hawks history to "we got avril and wright".

PS. Unless Harvin restructures his contract he is highly unlikely to be a jet next year. Harvin is worth about $2m per season if he stays healthy. If he is injured he can be worth as little as $0. No sane gm (who drugged Schneider? ) would pay $10m for a player who is more likely to end a game with 20 yards than he is 100.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3rybyp9c said:
What drugs are you guys taking that you can actually tell yourselves that we traded harvin for wright and avril?

We traded valuable picks and gave a huge contract to a guy who was MEDIOCRE in minnesota.

The Hawks basically pulled a Jim Mcillvaine, and Tate is shawn kemp. Except the seahawks traded a 1st, 3rd, 7th for their "jim mcillvaine".

So please, guys, tell me what drugs are required to turn the worst trade in Hawks history to "we got avril and wright".

PS. Unless Harvin restructures his contract he is highly unlikely to be a jet next year. Harvin is worth about $2m per season if he stays healthy. If he is injured he can be worth as little as $0. No sane gm (who drugged Schneider? ) would pay $10m for a player who is more likely to end a game with 20 yards than he is 100.
By getting rid of Percy, we now have extra money to take care of guys like Avril and Wright

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
:180670:
-The Glove-":dr7kpds5 said:
bjornanderson21":dr7kpds5 said:

By getting rid of Percy, we now have extra money to take care of guys like Avril and Wright

You did not tell me what drugs you are on to actually accept it that way

Cartire

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2g1c2meo said:
-The Glove-":2g1c2meo said:
bjornanderson21":2g1c2meo said:

Unlike your point of view, I think they are thinking more of the, "well, in the end we made the right decision."

Hindsight is amazing because you are always right after the fact. So in this case, we all know the trade to get Harvin was a disaster. But we could have also held on to him and kept paying the ridiculous price and not have signed those two. Get it now?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
-The Glove-":121hqgc0 said:
bjornanderson21":121hqgc0 said:
bjornanderson21":121hqgc0 said:

Trading percy saved the seahawks exactly $0.

The Hawks could have cut Harvin and the cap and financial cost would be the same. The only thing that trading him did for us is get us the 6th round pick.

That is why I made my comment. If the Hawks needed Harvin's money to sign these two then they could've just cut Harvin if no one was dumb enough to trade for him.

Maybe next time will be one of my nicer posts. Sorry, but I predicted the day we traded for him that he would be injured in 2013 and would put up bad numbers in 2014 and would be off the team within 2 years of the trade. It was a disaster from day 1 and had no chance of succeeding.

We didn't gain Wright and Avril by trading harvin away, but we definitely lost Tate by acquiring harvin in the first place.

Maybe in a couple years when he is out of the nfl it wont be such a sore subject with me

bigtrain21

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":wz2d3o2a said:
-The Glove-":wz2d3o2a said:
bjornanderson21":wz2d3o2a said:
-The Glove-":wz2d3o2a said:
bjornanderson21 said:

Are you ever not a dick?
Yes, sometimes.

Trading percy saved the seahawks exactly $0.

The Hawks could have cut Harvin and the cap and financial cost would be the same. The only thing that trading him did for us is get us the 6th round pick.

That is why I made my comment. If the Hawks needed Harvin's money to sign these two then they could've just cut Harvin if no one was dumb enough to trade for him.

Maybe next time will be one of my nicer posts. Sorry, but I predicted the day we traded for him that he would be injured in 2013 and would put up bad numbers in 2014 and would be off the team within 2 years of the trade. It was a disaster from day 1 and had no chance of succeeding.

We didn't gain Wright and Avril by trading harvin away, but we definitely lost Tate by acquiring harvin in the first place.

Maybe in a couple years when he is out of the nfl it wont be such a sore subject with me

They took a shot and it didn't work out. They got rid of him. You didn't like it when we aquired him. Congrats. You were right. Move on.

Tical21

Reaction score
Don't we have like an 8 mil dead money hit from Percy next year? I guess you could make this argument long term. However, I still feel we have a gaping hole at WR that we now don't have the resources to fill. Oh well, we got that D though. Baldwin, Kearse and P-Rich will have to do.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2xsyag5u said:

....that's not exactly why we lost Tate.....

razor150

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2c1zje3g said:
bigtrain21":2c1zje3g said:

The more he talks about Wilson the more it seems something happened between them. Especially since they used to be pretty good friends.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
razor150":1fktb7ra said:
Bigpumpkin":1fktb7ra said:
bigtrain21":1fktb7ra said:

The more he talks about Wilson the more it seems something happened between them. Especially since they used to be pretty good friends.

We agree...

Throwdown

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":21vjs1wl said:

Don't disrespect Shawn Kemp like that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tical21":2nizn02y said:
Don't we have like an 8 mil dead money hit from Percy next year? I guess you could make this argument long term. However, I still feel we have a gaping hole at WR that we now don't have the resources to fill. Oh well, we got that D though. Baldwin, Kearse and P-Rich will have to do.

We take a dead money hit next year, but we also increased our rollover cap by dumping him five games into the season. He counted something like $5M on this year's cap instead of the scheduled $13M (Jets pay the difference). That savings gets rolled over to next year and essentially cancels out most of the dead money hit by increasing our overall cap number.

I believe Seattle gained something like $12M back in cap for next year by trading Harvin. I'm guessing that basically covers KJ and Avril.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cartire":22cvblwg said:
bjornanderson21":22cvblwg said:
-The Glove-":22cvblwg said:
bjornanderson21":22cvblwg said:

Unlike your point of view, I think they are thinking more of the, "well, in the end we made the right decision."

Hindsight is amazing because you are always right after the fact. So in this case, we all know the trade to get Harvin was a disaster. But we could have also held on to him and kept paying the ridiculous price and not have signed those two. Get it now?

We can't change the fact that the trade was bad. How many GM's would hold onto Harvin, pay him money, and tell the HC to just deal with the kid and make it work, just to avoid making themselves look bad ? We've seen it tons. Schneider had the balls to get rid of Harvin as fast as he could.

The word is, that Pete kind of twisted Schneider's arm to get Harvin, and that JS didn't really want Harvin, nor did he want to overpay for him.

The bright side is that there were tons of Minny fans crowing about Patterson, whom they drafted with the pick they got for Harvin. Now it's looking like Patterson might not even be in the league soon: he's like their 4th WR now.