Marshawn for HOF

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
With some players you throw out the numbers and realize what he brings to the game and his team. I think a good comparison is Earl Campbell and no one argues that he isn't a Hall of Famer

G. Att. Yds Avg. TD
Campbell. 115. 2187. 9407 4.3. 74
Lynch. 118. 2009. 8522 4.2. 68

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HOF is voted by media.

Even if he is HOF material, he is boned. He won't talk to media, they won't vote for Lynch. And I thought this before he said it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
His speech would be epic.

Grab his junk, walk off the stage.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
he needs to do more IMO. I think he retires after this year or next year so I dont think it will be enough .

He wasted a lot of years in buffalo

granted I hope he will make it , I just dont think its possible unless he goes off next year and has 1700+ rushing yards and 15+ TDS while leading the Seahawks to there 3rd straight superbowl title

bigwrm

Reaction score
Realistically, I think he would need 2 or 3 more productive seasons, which probably isn't happening. I think Shaun Alexander is eligible next year and should be a lock.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score

irocdave

Reaction score
bigwrm":yztjcv07 said:
Realistically, I think he would need 2 or 3 more productive seasons, which probably isn't happening. I think Shaun Alexander is eligible next year and should be a lock.

You forgot the sarcasm emoticon...The only way SA gets in to the HOF is if he buys a ticket.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
bigwrm":36m9ehev said:

I love Shaun Alexander , Hands down was my favorite player at that time . But a lock ? I think thats far fetched . I dont even think he gets in

OP
OP
H

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Those five are great and Emmitt and Barry are 2 of the best all time. I just think when you look back at some the great teams like the 70's Steelers or 90's Cowboys several players wind up making the HOF. I think this team will take care of business and 4-6 players become HOFs.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
ML just might be the kind of player that gets in much later. I don't think we are seeing the RB numbers that we saw in the 90's and 2000's. In twenty years his numbers might look quite a bit better. Also, some of the bad blood might have worn out.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ygc35so said:
HOF is voted by media.

Even if he is HOF material, he is boned. He won't talk to media, they won't vote for Lynch. And I thought this before he said it.

I dont think this will be as bad as you think.

I look at when he will even be eligible. Lets play the what-if game. I think right now, at his current stats, hes not in. He needs at least 2 more productive seasons before I even think hes a good candidate. But lets say he does that. He plays 2-3 more seasons at his current level. And stats become acceptable and not something the media can harp on.

Now, hes eligible 5 years later, so 7-8 years from now. Hes a RB, so hes not getting in on any first ballot. Ill put his credible time-line at around 10 years from now. By that time, a lot of the angry HOF voters will have given up there vote from either retirement or death. New, younger blood who idolized Lynch's FU attitude, before it personally effected them, will now be voting. They will remember "All bout that action, Boss" and it will hum in their heads. He wont be the media-hated man he is today. He will be glorified and remembered. "Yeah"

Of course, I pulled all of that out of my ass, but im a 6 beers into my newest brew, and this is a loaded question anyway.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
He can be proud of his accomplishments but he isnt worthy of the HOF right now.

Halls of Fame are tricky because once you lower the bar it's hard to raise it back up.

If he wants to be in the hall he needs AT LEAST two more full seasons of Beast Mode.

Rat

Reaction score
Great player, but I don't see it. No MVP's, no All-Pros, and I don't believe he has ever led the league in anything.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Rat":3pcnqcl8 said:
Great player, but I don't see it. No MVP's, no All-Pros, and I don't believe he has ever led the league in anything.
Then why is Jerome Bettis a HOF candidate? Bettis was a league average RB his entire career.

Cartire

Reaction score
RunTheBall":121lcdla said:
Rat":121lcdla said:
Then why is Jerome Bettis a HOF candidate? Bettis was a league average RB his entire career.

Part of his retirement package he was guaranteed along with a super bowl victory. He has dirt on someone, thats all I can say.

Rat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2bb4j1p5 said:
Rat":2bb4j1p5 said:

I don't think he should be. He only had 2-3 seasons out of something like 12-15 where he was an elite player. The only thing he ever led the league in was the one time he was the leader in carries. He was a bust for the team that drafted him.

Bettis defines compiler. If he gets in, he's the worst HOFer since Art Monk, and probably the worst ever.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2nvw4mdq said:
Rat":2nvw4mdq said:

Bettis has been retired for 5 years. Other than that, I can't think of a single reason.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Cartire":mhzswwj3 said:
RunTheBall":mhzswwj3 said:
Rat":mhzswwj3 said:

Part of his retirement package he was guaranteed along with a super bowl victory. He has dirt on someone, thats all I can say.
Super Bowl XL was a homecoming party for Bettis and the Seahawks weren't invited, no way was the NFL going to let us ruin the script.