Why I'm Nervous and Why I'm Not.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why I'm Nervous

It's pretty obvious. Our OL is a comedy of errors. A turnstile. We are the opposite of cohesive. Something that is valued at the highest level when it comes to the offensive line in the NFL. If I am to watch a good amount of QB's in the NFL, which I have this year, I would guess that the QB has a good 4-5 seconds before contact after hiking the football. If I had to guess how much time Russell Wilson has to throw after hiking, I would say half that. Maybe 3 seconds TOPS.

This is my number one reason to be nervous tomorrow. Without an offensive line that can play even AVERAGE pass pro, and with a Cardinals defense known for their perpetual blitzing, that's a baaaaad combo my friends. And one that could cost us this game.

Why I'm Not

There is something to be said about the power of conditioning. From day one, Pete Carroll has instilled in this team a mantra that never wavers:

Every game is a championship game.

Oh sure, it sounds trite and tired after a season or two of them saying that game-after-game, but when the team begins to manifest that very mindset on the field, it's time to take notice. Over the past 18 months or so, it's hard not to believe this mantra has become reality for this team. Pete has literally trained these players to treat EVERY game like a championship opportunity. So when it truly becomes a championship opportunity? The lights don't look too bright. The game doesn't look too huge, no matter how big the stage. You want proof?

Super Bowl XLVIII.

That is why I'm not nervous about tomorrow.

So, what you got?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I agree with your second point....No Fear! Yes....there may be some excitement at kickoff, but I am confident that we will win.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think the magnitude will make the Cardinals fold. I see a pretty tight defensive game for about 1 and a half qtrs. Then we put the ass whoop on em. We win by two scores and let them know that were World Superb owl Champions .........

Of the world.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love that Helfet is playing. I think he's a serious X factor. Raw but good hands, seems to make the catches when we need him to. I don't think the loss of Unger is as disastrous as some. I think JP is doing a fine job as a backup.

If we can score early, the game is over. I mean 7, not 3.

The Cardinals themselves have said if they can keep us to 10 or less, they will win.

Sounds like a challenge the Champions can handle.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
We have only been held under 10 points once with RW at the helm, Niners game in 2012.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":31spxoz0 said:
We have only been held under 10 points once with RW at the helm, Niners game in 2012.

A lot of experts are saying the with cardinals no experienced QB starting the hawks are going to win this Easley

I say they will win but the cardinals will make it a game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks this is a cakewalk for the Hawks should load up on the BP meds right now. I promise you that will NOT be the case. 3rd string QB or not, their D can effect the game (sound familiar?) and it's in their house. This is NOT a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

If their D can keep our O from doing much, game on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Why I'm Nervous
I've been a Seahawks fan for 30 years. It's just second nature to feel a little nervous about every game..

Why I'm Not
.. Because then reality hits that this team is frighteningly good. And peaking. The precise combination that often wins championships. And that when they have real goals in front of them, that's when they shine.

And really.. Ryan Lindley is TERRIBLE. See my thread from last night for reference.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1gx0g4jy said:
Why I'm Nervous
I've been a Seahawks fan for 30 years. It's just second nature to feel a little nervous about every game..

Why I'm Not
.. Because then reality hits that this team is frighteningly good. And peaking. The precise combination that often wins championships. And that when they have real goals in front of them, that's when they shine.

And really.. Ryan Lindley is TERRIBLE. See my thread from last night for reference.

Thank you for being the first to play the game in this thread!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This will be no cakewalk. Of all the Defenses in the NFL, I fear the Cardinals the most. They seem to have our number (minus the 58-0 game) and they dominate our O-line when we're HEALTHY.

The Hawks are a better team, and should win a low-scoring game...but this Cardinals team has won a lot of games they had no business winning this year.

Rob12

Reaction score
Our defense won't let us lose.

Lindsey throws a pick six and that will likely be enough.

I'm that confident in how our defense is playing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cardinals Defense = good.
Seahawks Defense = World Champions great.

Cardinals Offense with Lindley right now = pretty messed up. (see what the Seahawks did to a future HOF Manning)
Seahawks Offense right now = clicking much better than they were a Month ago, and should be enough to outright win this one.

The Cards Defense is disruptive, and opportunistic.
The Seahawks Defense is assignment focused, and smother your ass fast.
I think this will be a really good game, but the Seahawks have been peaking for the last several weeks.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous:

Seven sacks in Seattle at our house with our crowd!

Why I'm not:

Ryan Lindley Career (2012-2014)
51.4 completion percentage
782 yards
0 touchdowns. (Yes 0)
7 interceptions.
46.8 rating

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Why I'm Nervous

Arizona's defense is a tough matchup for our offense, arguably the worst matchup for us in the league. They held Marshawn in check in the last game and got after Wilson. I'm concerned about the offensive line . . . Carpenter has had a rough few games, Bailey is a weak run blocker, Jeanpierre is also not very good as a run blocker, Sweezy's pass pro has been inconsistent, and Britt has been a turnstile as a rookie. We also lack depth in the event of an injury. Also, Bevell has a tendency to overthink things, rather than play to our strengths from start to finish. Wilson has been a little up and down, and the receiving corps has not impressed.

The tables are turned on the other side of the ball. This defense has shut down Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, it should do just fine against Ryan Lindley and Logan Thomas. However, Arizona has an undeniably dynamic receiving corps. Kerwynn Williams is actually a very solid running back. I worry that a few missed tackles will allow Arizona to hit pay dirt, putting us in a hole.

They're playing at home, where they are undefeated. They will come into this game hyped up and firing on all cylinders while fighting for the chance to clinch home field throughout the playoffs.

Why I'm Not

Pete Carroll . . . he will have this team as prepared as they can possibly be to compete in this game.

justafan

Reaction score
Why i am nervous
I expect a defensive game where a couple big plays can change the game either way.TO,special teams play or big penalty could alter the game.

Why i am not.
I love defensive games and I think the cards will be the team making the mistakes.10 pts by the Hawks could win it.

BASF

Reaction score
Why I'm Nervous

Bruce Arians seems to have a contract with the devil going that may or may not expire before 5pm tonight.

Why I'm Not

Ryan Lindley is worse that Jim Sorgi. This defense is 100 times better than our '05 version. The only player on the '05 defensive roster who could have started on this team was Tubbs. Most of them wouldn't even make this roster. As I said in Todd's other thread that game is the last time I was this confident playing a division leader.

Todd, to your last point about every game being a championship game, I am not so sure that the start of the season version of this team believed that. Michael Irvin said something this week on NFL Network or Inside the NFL that I thought had a ring of truth to our season thus far, he said, "When we were winning back to back Championships, we were just waiting for that last quarter of the season to crank it up going into the playoffs." The effort on both sides of the ball from Thanksgiving on has been on the next level as opposed to before.

themunn

Reaction score
Why I'm not nervous:

We did not ever look like the Cardinals could score on us just 4 weeks ago. Now they have a backup to the backup coming in.

I don't care if we struggle offensively - as long as we don't have any mishaps that give the Cardinals a defensive score or set them up in our red zone, we will not lose to this team.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I think we are going to have adjustments ready for the blitz happy Cards. We need to burn the a few times for being so aggressive. Look for swing passes and short stuff over the middle.

We need to ride our defense.

Latest posts