Worst case scenario: Seahawks #5 seed, face NFC South winner

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If Seattle loses next week and gives ARI the division (they won't), Seattle drops to wild-card status.

The other wild-card team will be the NFC North runner-up, either Green Bay or Detroit. We hold tiebreakers over both, by head-to-head and common games respectively. Therefore we'd get the #5 seed, giving us a first-round road trip to...whomever wins the NFC South.

If we and ARI both lose next week (also won't happen), it leaves us the #3 seed, at home, facing the #6 Cardinals again. :D

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it's hard to see us not surviving the divisional round. ;)

evergreen

Reaction score
We're #1 and playing at home except for another game in AZ. Way too many improbable things have had to happen for us to be in this position. And they have all happened so far...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ikd60uu0 said:
#1 seed, no doubt about it. Just hoping we can survive against the dirtiest team in the NFL without a major injury.

The Detroit Lions would like a word with you.

(I actually agree with it being St. Louis, though I think it's close.)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":o5h717lh said:
hawksfansinceday1":o5h717lh said:
#1 seed, no doubt about it. Just hoping we can survive against the dirtiest team in the NFL without a major injury.

The Detroit Lions would like a word with you.

(I actually agree with it being St. Louis, though I think it's close.)
Yeah Lions aren't far behind.

DKHAWK79

Reaction score
Would a tie in the Packers-Lions game and a Hawks loss not give us the 6th seed?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah the Rams are dirty as hell. They do that to make up for being so shitty . Its all they can do. Then watch us repeat.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":301k4jj5 said:

Yup, same as last year.

I hate the Rams. And I especially hate that we have to fear them doing something dirty to hurt our players.

Polaris

Reaction score
Actually if we include the possibilities for ties, there is one way that Seattle could drop all the way to the #6 seed.

1. Seattle Loses
2. Arizona wins

and finally

3. Green Bay and Detroit tie

In that one scenario, Arizona wins the west forcing Seattle into the wildcard, and the TIE between Detroit and Greenbay would give Detroit the NFCN but allow Green Bay to take the #5 seed with a slightly better 11-4-1 record vs Seattle's 11-5.

Basically all sorts of bad things can happen with Seattle if Green Bay and Detroit TIE so root against it. It doesn't matter much which one wins, but one of them has to.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
DKHAWK79":7ny7zbmk said:
Would a tie in the Packers-Lions game and a Hawks loss not give us the 6th seed?

I suppose I wasn't thinking of that. I doubt it happens, though.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Let's think more positive. Best case: #1 seed again! All we gotta do is beat the Rams, at home. Loving it!