O-line

Smellyman

Reaction score
Huge props. Give RW a bit of time and look out.

The only thing that worried me was great today, rushing and pass pro. Amazing.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Maybe Seahawks are finally starting to figure out what needs to be done to field a consistently respectable OL going forward, for once. Sure hope so.

Nog

Reaction score
Well, Okung looked straight up garbage all year. And today he was out for the game.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
They played very well today, need them to do the same next week versus the Rams pass rush.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":xw1xk597 said:
Nog":xw1xk597 said:
Well, Okung looked straight up garbage all year. And today he was out for the game.

Bailey> Okung

I've always said this, but I get shunned everytime I try to say it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell helped them out by getting rid of the ball on time too. All around good performance by the offense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bailey @100% > Okung@60%.

Okung@100% > Bailey@100%. Not even close.

The problem is that Okung is all too rarely at 100%.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Nog":e0r5l9fr said:

Well, I can tell who pays attention to games. This is incorrect. Okung didn't play very well for the first half of the season, but showed a big improvement since then. He has been playing really well (except for a few false starts). Too bad Mcdonald had to cheap shot him. He was really hitting his stride. Hopefully he won't be out too much longer.

Bailey did a good job considering T is not his natural position, but the guy he faced isn't much of a pass rusher....he's just the best Arizona has to offer right now.

Nog

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2ni79ncq said:
Nog":2ni79ncq said:

Well, I can tell who pays attention to games. This is incorrect. Okung didn't play very well for the first half of the season, but showed a big improvement since then. He has been playing really well (except for a few false starts). Too bad Mcdonald had to cheap shot him. He was really hitting his stride. Hopefully he won't be out too much longer.

Bailey did a good job considering T is not his natural position, but the guy he faced isn't much of a pass rusher....he's just the best Arizona has to offer right now.
I didn't see a single great performance of Okung for more than 2 years, and the last time he had shined in my eyes that was a game against Chicago at Solider Field in 2010 (He held Pepper in check all night long). Go and take a look at the tape against Philly... He was getting beat up by Graham.

A

Anonymous

Smellyman":1k9wljyq said:

FIFY

:roll:

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3k8mvksr said:
Smellyman":3k8mvksr said:

FIFY

:roll:

tHANKS fOR tHAT

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Smellyman":lit5hnf4 said:

It's worth mentioning that Wilson's two big passes to Willson barely involved the offensive line. The first was a half-rollout to the right, and the second was a three-step drop and lob to a mismatch.

But don't let me get in the way of a popular, oversimplified narrative...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Collectively, the O-line had its best game of the season. Good time to have it too. Both Okung and Unger were out - Bailey and Lewis replaced them nicely. Britt played his best game, Sweezy playing hurt was looking like a pro-bowler out there. Cable really did a nice job this week with his guys and it showed. Nice game plan to use the Cardinals' defensive aggressiveness against them. It worked.

getnasty

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1iyjn147 said:
Smellyman":1iyjn147 said:

It's worth mentioning that Wilson's two big passes to Willson barely involved the offensive line. The first was a half-rollout to the right, and the second was a three-step drop and lob to a mismatch.

This is what you should always see out of Russell. Most of the time he doesn't pull the string then scrambles around, then everyone says "damn our OL sucks". I'm not saying our OL are world beaters, but today was a perfect example of how when you get the ball out, you make your OL look a lot better.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2bxanzvv said:
Smellyman":2bxanzvv said:

so the line didn't have their best game of the year? run blocking and pass pro?

for the highest total yards in Seahawk history.....

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There were some plays in the first half where Lewis couldn't figure out who to block and blocked no one but he eventually got it going. I also agree that we made an effort to get the ball out quicker. Obviously the zone beaters to the TE. Also Tuk helps immensely in the run game. Bailey did very well too.