Divison Standing Question

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
A quote from Arians' post game presser:

"If they beat the Rams and we beat the 49ers, WE will be the division champs."

In who's universe? Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the first two-team tie breaker head to head contests? We swept them, so how does he come up with that statement? Punch drunk?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
The only 2 ways that we lose the #1 seed now are

1. We lose next week vs the Rams
or
2. We win vs the Rams, the Cowboys beat the Skins, and the Lions/Packers game ends in a tie. (We lose the head to head in a 2 way tie with the Cowboys then)

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3szcntyi said:
If its a head to head with just the Cards we win since we beat the Cards both times.

Well, yeah..that's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I just visited NFL.com and 'head to head' is definitely the first divisional tie breaker. We beat them at all of the other tie breakers except for 'non-division' opponents, which is way down the list.

Maybe Arians wasn't thinking clearly.

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":n9xzu0vn said:
He had to have meant if we LOSE to the Rams; no other way about it. If we win next week, doesn't matter what they do.

Arians was just shell-shocked from watching us Beastmode them into submission.

Yeah, the Beastmode run was the perfect exclamation point against Arians. He's a great coach, but his personality comes real close to that of Rex Ryan's. His comments in interviews denying ever being dominated as well as his negative comments about RW during the off season were answered in emphatic fashion. Not only did he get totally dominated (he termed it as 'we were doing a good job of keeping it within one score, but it got away from us' :mrgreen: ), but he begrudgingly had to give Wilson props for taking advantage of matchups.