Is Bailey better than Okung?

red grenadine

Reaction score
He definitely didn't seem out of place and only had one false start, which is half of Okung's two false start average.

kidhawk

Reaction score
red grenadine":1x2yjvkx said:
He definitely didn't seem out of place and only had one false start, which is half of Okung's two false start average.

The answer to your question is no. I like Bailey but he's not as good as Okung. There's no question about that.

As for your statistical analysis, that is also wrong.

Okung does lead the team in false starts, but he only has 6 total in his 13 games. That is less than 0.5 per game.

Bailey has 4 in 6 starts for an average of 0.67 per game.

Sometimes perception doesn't actually match facts

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Really can't say it better than olyfan63, so...

olyfan63":3d7to599 said:
Bailey @100% > Okung@60%.

Okung@100% > Bailey@100%. Not even close.

The problem is that Okung is all too rarely at 100%.

- bsd RPA

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
He isn't better than Okung but he might be good enough that the Hawks move on from the oft-injured okung and reinvest that money in OL.

It does no good to pay big money for part of a season because you have that much less money to pay the much-needed backups.

We need to draft more OL and consider the possibilities if we move on from Okung and Unger.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Bailey isn't as good individually as Okung, but he may be better for the team if he can stay healthy. Continuity makes everybody else on the line better.

nolachawks

Reaction score
I think Okung should still be our starting left tackle (when he is healthy). I was listening to Clayton this past weekend and he was saying that Okung is in the top 8 of left tackles and that he has only given up (I'm going from memory here) 2 sacks all year. I tend to think Clayton knows what he is talking about. Bailey played great last night and it's nice to know we have him if need be but if Okung is HEALTHY then I want him in there.

morgulon1

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":hiv4rmvf said:
He isn't better than Okung but he might be good enough that the Hawks move on from the oft-injured okung and reinvest that money in OL.

It does no good to pay big money for part of a season because you have that much less money to pay the much-needed backups.

We need to draft more OL and consider the possibilities if we move on from Okung and Unger.

Not really happy with Okung, would like to see Unger get healthy and stay.