Paul Richardson....

pehawk

Reaction score
Is he the best WR on the team? I think so.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
No, Doug Baldwin is clearly the best WR on the team.

However, Richardson has done an excellent job coming back and bailing out RW when he gets in trouble.

I have a bit of hope for him to be a solid piece, but I still am not convinced he was worth the pick (he's still young, plenty of time).

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I was really impressed with him yesterday. Atleast twice during the game I say "hey that's our second round draft pick making a play". Dude is a baller.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's on his way to becoming the best WR on the team but not there yet. Baldwin is still better at this point. However, Richardson has surpassed Kearse and should be starting with Baldwin moving forward. Richardson has improved as he's gotten more plays. That's nice to see.

2_0_6

Reaction score
His comeback route to bail out Russ when he was scrambling was FANTASTIC. Just shows how smart he is, and how much Russ is beginning to trust him.

homerun1970

Reaction score
He will be the best receiver on the team . Baldwin has so many clutch plays and the chemistry with Russ that I say not yet. He is ascending to it in short order though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If you take the time from when Harvin was traded until now, Richardson has shown a steady improvment week to week.

I've read that Harvin was a pain in the ass in the WR room as well, and had most of those guys walking on egg shells. Percy had to get his targets or else.

Now that that distraction is gone, Richardson is blossoming. It's possible that Harvin stunted his growth a little bit. Either way, if Richardson keeps showing this same level of improvement through TC of next year, he'll easily be the best WR on this team, and might be one of the better WRs in the division in his 2nd year. Yup, I said it.

He's smart and polished. He already knows to say the right things. I was impressed with this kid before I ever saw him play, after one of his interviews in TC. He started out doing the little things right: blocking downfield, running correct routes etc. Now that he's getting more time on the field, he's showing better chemistry with Russ and getting good at the scramble drill. Keep in mind he didn't have a scrambler at Colorado, and his reps were limited earlier this year due to be buried behind Harvin.

The thing I like best about Richardson though, is that he brings something that really only Lockette brings to the table, yet he's going to be better at it, and that's stretching the field. None of the other starting WRs is going to be able to stretch the field like PRich will, and to top it off he can run a variety of routes. He's already a more complete WR than Wallace is in Miami, but he'll have the same effect. I'm excited to see this kid's potential.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SonicHawk":29g45trp said:

However, Richardson has done an excellent job coming back and bailing out RW when he gets in trouble.

I have a bit of hope for him to be a solid piece, but I still am not convinced he was worth the pick (he's still young, plenty of time).

I admire you sticking to your guns with this argument, despite the weekly growing evidence against it.

Takes a certain amount of courage....... 8)

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1fwhe6ax said:
SonicHawk":1fwhe6ax said:

I admire you sticking to your guns with this argument, despite the weekly growing evidence against it.

Is Sonic a known Richardson hater or something?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Once they allow Norwood to play more games I think we'll be pretty set at WR. I love Richardson, but I also feel that Norwood will do phenomenal as well. Both have great hands and can catch well in traffic. Haven't seen enough of Norwood to comment on his routes, but PR's routes don't look like he's a rookie running them.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":qfxta3tt said:
Hawkpower":qfxta3tt said:
SonicHawk":qfxta3tt said:

Is Sonic a known Richardson hater or something?

He has 24 career catches for 211 yards and was drafted in the 2nd round...

All in the same year as Sammy Watkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Donte Moncrief, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Hurns, Jordan Mathews --

Nothing about his play has said to me 'Man, he's special,' -- I think his ceiling is pretty low, but at least he's good enough to be in the NFL and be a serviceable #2/#3.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd really like to see that career high extended again next week. 22 yards is modest for a player of Paul's (long range) ability. I think he could abuse Jenkins next week, and I'd like to see him get more of Kearse's go-routes.

I'm really impressed with his hands too, he's made some tough grabs over the past couple of weeks, that has to bode well for future targets.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1i6pywum said:
I'd really like to see that career high extended again next week. 22 yards is modest for a player of Paul's (long range) ability. I think he could abuse Jenkins next week, and I'd like to see him get more of Kearse's go-routes.

I'm really impressed with his hands too, he's made some tough grabs over the past couple of weeks, that has to bode well for future targets.

Jenkins is a darn good CB.

Would definitely like to see Richardson's speed put on display.

Highlordb

Reaction score
I would love to see them take more shots down feild to richardson, but i am enjoying his growth and he should get better next year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm a Norwood guy as well. I think both of these guys are starters in the near future.

Hard to say anything negative about Richardson. He catches everything thrown at him, has a high football IQ which is rare for a rookie Wideout and will continue to get better. He is playing lights out right now all things considered.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Touchdown Richardson would probably be the third WR that we would activate. He clearly has a lot of upside and is probably our best deep threat right now, however he seems restricted to the flanker role until he builds a little more mass. Kearse is probably still the better blocker and better option at split end, and that can free Baldwin up to play the slot where he excels.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I've been loving what I'm seeing from Richardson the last few weeks. I was really hoping to see Norwood this week, I thought he was coming along nicely as well. It's good to see Russell trusting Paul more and giving him opportunities. It will really help in the playoffs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I still think Baldwin is the team's #1. Cromartie didn't slip -- he had his ankles broken. Doug nearly shook him out of his shoes.

The most impressive thing about Richardson this season is how "complete" his game feels. He plays like a wide receiver with all the tools and the right savvy. I think once he gets a better feel for the deep game and is able to lull and adjust like Desean Jackson, he has the potential to be really special.