Okung Should Practice this week

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete is on KIRO and they asked about injuries.

Okung should be practicing Wednesday

Unger is still wait and see

Simon he wouldn't/couldn't say

ShaunPope

Reaction score
also sounded like Kearse won't play this week. I'm fine with that. Get Norwood/Matthews more reps and give Kearse's hammy 3 weeks to heal.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Unger's situation is really starting to worry me. I have a horrible feeling it's gonna be another Zach Miller and he's done for the year including playoffs.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The way the OL played last night I am not worried at all about getting Unger or Okung back before the playoffs. Hell if those guys put in another game like last night against the Rams, Russ and Max "may" be competing for their starting jobs. And that is an awesome situation to be in when you have two pro-bowlers potentially having to compete just to keep their starting jobs. DEPTH!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Anyone else ready to let Alvin Bailey run with the job at LT until he shows he doesn't deserve it? I'd sit Okung once he's healthy

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Storts":3roj4ujw said:
That's a shame, hope Bailey stays in another week

I hope they play the best player for the position. If Okung is healthy enough t play the position well, then I hope he starts, if not, I hope they give him an extra week to heal up.

I don't get the thought that Bailey is better than Okung. Bailey is a solid tackle but he doesn't have the same skills and athleticism we get from Okung.

AgentDib

Reaction score
A win gives us an extra week with the bye. Given how well our line played yesterday I would like to see Okung and Unger take the next twenty days off. I would take the chance against the Rams in order to have the best chance at a healthy line in the playoffs.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":ofwgcu44 said:
A win gives us an extra week with the bye. Given how well our line played yesterday I would like to see Okung and Unger take the next twenty days off. I would take the chance against the Rams in order to have the best chance at a healthy line in the playoffs.

This. I feel very good about the Rams game and that bye week and no travel will do wonders for getting all the nicks and scrapes healed up.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":20c48sxr said:
Storts":20c48sxr said:

I hope they play the best player for the position. If Okung is healthy enough t play the position well, then I hope he starts, if not, I hope they give him an extra week to heal up.

I don't get the thought that Bailey is better than Okung. Bailey is a solid tackle but he doesn't have the same skills and athleticism we get from Okung.

For me it's based on the impression I got from watching the game that protection was better last night. Might be fueled by the euphoria of the win and not based on reality. Maybe scottemojo will breakdown the all 22.

SC

olyfan63

Reaction score
StoneCold":33ye0gxv said:
kidhawk":33ye0gxv said:
Storts":33ye0gxv said:

For me it's based on the impression I got from watching the game that protection was better last night. Might be fueled by the euphoria of the win and not based on reality. Maybe scottemojo will breakdown the all 22.

SC

Bailey played a nice game against a banged-up Cardinals' D-Line. He's a really good run-blocker. He would be exposed at LT in the playoffs against a team with healthy edge rushers. We'd have to game-plan and playbook-limit for his lack of lateral quickness relative to Okung. With Okung in and healthy, no extra game-planning or playbook-limiting is needed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
olyfan63":a4qxpl81 said:
StoneCold":a4qxpl81 said:
kidhawk":a4qxpl81 said:
Storts":a4qxpl81 said:

SC

Bailey played a nice game against a banged-up Cardinals' D-Line. He's a really good run-blocker. He would be exposed at LT in the playoffs against a team with healthy edge rushers. We'd have to game-plan and playbook-limit for his lack of lateral quickness relative to Okung. With Okung in and healthy, no extra game-planning or playbook-limiting is needed.

Bailey is an improving run blocker, not a really good run blocker. Tom Cable has talked about this many times, as recently as last week. The difference between Okung's run blocking and Bailey's is significant.