Lemuel

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. But can anyone tell me why Lem didn't play yesterday.

Basis4day

Reaction score
My assumption was he was filling in for Sweezy at RG for practice last week and Lewis was at Center. Since Sweezy was healthy enough to play they felt better leaving in the Center that took the majority of the snaps.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I asked the same question in a couple threads and got no response.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I've been wondering that too. I was worried that LJP had gotten injured too.

LJP played so well last couple weeks coming back and covering for the loss of Unger. I know they like Patrick Lewis for his physical abilities (athleticism), and now apparently Lewis has mastered enough of the reads and calls to become a really good option himself. Lem does so well, makes me almost not notice we don't have Unger, I was stunned too to not see him in the game. Lem played awesome last year when Unger was out, and was a big part of our run.

This must also mean that Patrick Lewis has been kicking ass and taking names in practice, to earn Pete & Co's full confidence and get the nod.

We still don't know 100%, but Basis4Day'stheory makes as much sense as any, so I'll go with that until we hear different from an authoritative source.

I bet 10 years down the road Lempedia becomes his own version of Tom Cable.

Gametime

Reaction score
IIRC didn't Lewis start against AZ in Seattle?

Maybe it was a match up thing like the OL shuffles at Left Guard in the playoffs last year?

The OL played outstanding whatever the reason! If we get Unger and Okung back I will actually be happy with our depth for the playoffs.

Crazy.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was a matchup thing that Cable saw plus the french guy was preparing to step in for Sweezy if necessary. it was a masterpiece that Cable put together.........1 sack (wow)!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1x4xtn1x said:
I've been wondering that too. I was worried that LJP had gotten injured too.

LJP played so well last couple weeks coming back and covering for the loss of Unger. I know they like Patrick Lewis for his physical abilities (athleticism), and now apparently Lewis has mastered enough of the reads and calls to become a really good option himself. Lem does so well, makes me almost not notice we don't have Unger, I was stunned too to not see him in the game. Lem played awesome last year when Unger was out, and was a big part of our run.

This must also mean that Patrick Lewis has been kicking ass and taking names in practice, to earn Pete & Co's full confidence and get the nod.

We still don't know 100%, but Basis4Day'stheory makes as much sense as any, so I'll go with that until we hear different from an authoritative source.

I bet 10 years down the road Lempedia becomes his own version of Tom Cable.
I wondered the same thing.
Pretty damned good problem to have at this point of the Season eh? ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pete Was asked on Brock & Salk. Said it was a match up thing. His size and strength were a better fit against that front.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lewis is a better run blocker than Jeanpierre. The gamble paid off.

That said, I would prefer to see Jeanpierre start against the Rams to neutralize their interior pass rush.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":32rh56vc said:

That said, I would prefer to see Jeanpierre start against the Rams to neutralize their interior pass rush.
Not understanding pass blocking vs run blocking it seemed like we did better today all around

hawknation2014

Reaction score
-The Glove-":16tlgv8a said:
hawknation2014":16tlgv8a said:

Not understanding pass blocking vs run blocking it seemed like we did better today all around

Against the Cardinals, they could afford to sacrifice pass blocking for superior run blocking because Arizona does not have a great interior pass rush (i.e. Dan Williams and Frostee Rucker are run stoppers first and foremost).

That calculation changes against the Rams because Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers are much better pass rushers. Lewis allowed three pressures against Arizona; that number would surely double against St. Louis's pass rush.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1gjmv0a7 said:
-The Glove-":1gjmv0a7 said:
hawknation2014":1gjmv0a7 said:

Against the Cardinals, they could afford to sacrifice pass blocking for superior run blocking because Arizona does not have a great interior pass rush (i.e. Dan Williams and Frostee Rucker are run stoppers first and foremost).

That calculation changes against the Rams because Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers are much better pass rushers. Lewis allowed three pressures against Arizona; that number would surely double against St. Louis's pass rush.
Then how did they accumulate 7 sacks VS us last time?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2om90por said:
hawknation2014":2om90por said:
-The Glove-":2om90por said:
hawknation2014":2om90por said:

From the Cardinals? That was mostly outside pressure from Calais Campbell (three sacks), Larry Foote, etc.

The Rams bring much more pressure from the inside. Partially that has to do with schematic differences between the two (3-4 vs. 4-3). But mostly it's about personnel - Donald and Brockers get after it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3dl39cp1 said:
-The Glove-":3dl39cp1 said:
hawknation2014":3dl39cp1 said:
-The Glove-":3dl39cp1 said:
hawknation2014 said:

From the Cardinals? That was mostly outside pressure from Calais Campbell (three sacks), Larry Foote, etc.

The Rams bring much more pressure from the inside. Partially that has to do with schematic differences between the two (3-4 vs. 4-3). But mostly it's about personnel - Donald and Brockers get after it.
So Britt got considerably better and Bailey held the blind side better?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":sd1n99n3 said:
-The Glove-":sd1n99n3 said:
So Britt got considerably better and Bailey held the blind side better?

Yeah, I would say so.
Ok. That's what I thought but I don't focus too much on the line...Britt looked more confident out there and Bailey did stay in front of his guy better...my biggest issue with our line has been our linemen getting in front of their man and then pretty much releasing them instead of playing to the whistle. I saw Bailey playing all out multiple times

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3pwzd7u8 said:
hawknation2014":3pwzd7u8 said:
-The Glove-":3pwzd7u8 said:
hawknation2014":3pwzd7u8 said:

Thank you for asking

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3eg7n1mu said:
-The Glove-":3eg7n1mu said:
hawknation2014":3eg7n1mu said:
-The Glove-":3eg7n1mu said:
hawknation2014 said:

Thank you for asking
No...thank you