Tharold Simon's Injury?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Not sure if this topic has been created and sorry if it has but what is the update on him?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All I've seen today is "shoulder injury." But it sure as heck looked like they were trying to pop it back in on the field, which usually means dislocated shoulder.

I blame Arians for being a pompous jackass for continuing to throw the ball when the game was over and put everyone in jeopardy........including his own players. Fitzgerald almost got killed twice.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete was on KIRO this morning and had no update on Simon. Said they'll have to see how he recovers. I'm guessing we'll know more later in the week.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen that before? Live TV, the doc putting his arm back into socket? (I'm guessing)

That was insane. :shock:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I've seen a million fingers getting popped back in, but never a shoulder. I saw the Bo Jackson game where his leg got ripped out of the socket and he actually walked off field with dislocated hip.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
if its minor they will try to pop it back in ..You usually wont see it on tv but they do it more than we see all the time..

SonicHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3fch0i61 said:
if its minor they will try to pop it back in ..You usually wont see it on tv but they do it more than we see all the time..

No such thing as a minor shoulder dislocation.

oasis

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3f3lw2u8 said:
IndyHawk":3f3lw2u8 said:

No such thing as a minor shoulder dislocation.
l5ehxc.jpg

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
I have no official word, by my Wife was positive that it was a shoulder out of socket, you could see the Doc trying to pop it back in place on the field.

You always want to try and get it back in place as soon as possible, which is why the Doc would try on the field.

It was unsuccessful, as he was walked off the field with his shoulder in the wrong position.

My Wife works in the medical field and has seen this before, so while that's not official it may be the best armchair diagnosis we get until real word comes out.

Recovery would be based on how much damage was done when it came out or was returned to the socket, and as we don't have that info, recovery time is up in the air at this time.

Had it been popped back in place immediately on the field, that may have indicated a shorter recovery and less damage, but way too many variables at this time to be sure.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Eh, popping it back in place isn't always the best move right away, it can damage a lot of things in there. That being said, I trust team docs.

Tharold Simon won't be playing until at minimum divisional round.

Tical21

Reaction score
I've actually had my shoulder come out of socket while on the football field. It was really weird that his just seemed to happen by changing directions. For me, the most painful part by far was while it was actually out. Walking around with it out was almost unbearable. They popped mine back in on the sideline. After they popped it in, it felt much better. It was sore for about two days then felt fine. I played the next week and haven't had any troubles with it since. I've heard though that after it comes out once, there is a greater chance of it popping out again. I wonder if this has happened to him before.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Google says a shoulder dislocation takes 4 to 12 weeks to heal (that's the only place I know to look because I know nothing about medical stuff). Hope Simon can come back this year.

bemads

Reaction score
its a shoulder dislocation, I myself had a dislocated shoulder before, it pops in and out once in awhile. the way they were holding his arm to his stomach means he dislocated it, what they have to do now is give him anti inflammatory and a sling for a couple weeks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":i382dhys said:
I have no official word, by my Wife was positive that it was a shoulder out of socket, you could see the Doc trying to pop it back in place on the field.

You always want to try and get it back in place as soon as possible, which is why the Doc would try on the field.

It was unsuccessful, as he was walked off the field with his shoulder in the wrong position.

My Wife works in the medical field and has seen this before, so while that's not official it may be the best armchair diagnosis we get until real word comes out.

Recovery would be based on how much damage was done when it came out or was returned to the socket, and as we don't have that info, recovery time is up in the air at this time.

Had it been popped back in place immediately on the field, that may have indicated a shorter recovery and less damage, but way too many variables at this time to be sure.

The only thing Pete would really say on this earlier today, was that they had to wait and see, but when Brock and Salk started talking about them putting the shoulder back in place, Pete chimed in that he didn't believe they actually did, only that they tried. This tells me that your wife's analysis is pretty spot on. He also was sure to add that this type of injury seems to have different time schedules for different players and this is the first one Simon has, so they need to give it a little time before they know any kind of time table.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He will recover pretty quickly. He may miss this game but he will be back for the playoffs. He is a pro athlete with muscular shoulders. That alone will help with the shoulder stability and recovery.

I know as I had mine dislocated multiple times eventually leading to surgery for the resultant torn labrum.

He probably damaged his labrum when it dislocated but that doesn't always mean surgery (see Michael Bennet) especially if you have strong shoulder musculature.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2a16a7er said:
Has anyone ever seen that before? Live TV, the doc putting his arm back into socket? (I'm guessing)

That was insane. :shock:

Lol yeah that was nuts. My whole household was wincing in pain as they were popping it back into place. Yikes!

Rocket

Reaction score
The doc tried to pop it back in on the field... it was unsuccessful.
Watch it again if you can, and watch the expression of wild screaming agony from his whole body as the doc "manipulates" the arm while he's on the ground.
I was told that the sooner it goes back in the quicker it heals.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1h8jcgxx said:
The doc tried to pop it back in on the field... it was unsuccessful.
Watch it again if you can, and watch the expression of wild screaming agony from his whole body as the doc "manipulates" the arm while he's on the ground.
I was told that the sooner it goes back in the quicker it heals.
Dislocated my shoulder playing softball 15 years ago when I was rounding 2nd and some jack hole CF who thought he had Dave Parker's arm threw behind me, and fully extended dove back to the base hitting the base and the ground at the same time and shoulder dislocated, popped back in as I was getting up. Like a dumbass I stayed and finished the game. :34853_doh:

Doc said I was lucky I didn't do any more damage, missed 2 weeks of work.
Took about 8 weeks for it to feel halfway normal and if I sleep wrong it still barks at me.
Lesson learned.