Ben Maller rips Marshawn

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
:1:

Why doesn't he spend time ripping someone like Jeff Fisher who obviously encourages his players to be dirty, cheap shot pieces of shit.

Giblien

Reaction score
Does anyone know what his NFL contract actually states about speaking to the media? I just want Marshawn to live up to the expectations that are in writing. If speaking to the media IS an explicit expectation, he should honor his word and live up to it. If not, people need to get off of his back and just enjoy watching him play.

Regardless of Lynch's media interactions, this commentator's points are completely moot. It doesn't matter how "easy" or "hard" his job is (my guess is that being a pro football player is a lot more work than most of us know about), it's a total red herring. It has NOTHING to do with his media interactions. Yet another example of why we should take what the media feeds us with a grain of salt.

Highlordb

Reaction score
God what a tool.....There all butt hurt because he won't talk...who cares what ML says, he says it all on the field!

evergreen

Reaction score
He talked plenty loud on the field! Maybe this douche didn't like the crotch grab at the ens of beastquake2?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Checked out his twitter, didn't give any credit to Seattle's offense.

"Chris Collinsworth is really selling "magic" of Seahawks, does he know Cardinals are playing with spotted hyena at quarterback."

Oh yeah he also wanted Johnny Football to start over Hoyer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The problem isn't Lynch, it's the antiquated rule of players being required to talk to the media, and more importantly guys like Maller and Clayton who act like it's still 1965 and the world is waiting with baited breath on every article they write.

You're reporting football games dumb asses, not some UN Conference on war crimes. There's literally thousands of outlets now reporting and covering sports, we don't care about what you write that no one even sees until the next day when we've already read 30 different web reports and pieces.

KPA

Reaction score
Ya... that 79 yard TD on prime-time was such a jack-ass move, what was he thinking

Truth be told, I could give a rats rear end what any NFL player has to say... I'm not thinking about the interviews during the game. The media is just trying to make themselves relevant.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Perhaps Ben should live in the shoes of an NFL player to see how many hours they put in each week. I'm relatively certain it's more than two hours a day and a game once a week.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":s94z32c8 said:
http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynchs-non-answers-to-stupid-questions-have-re-1674047978

Pretty good article. Basically says "if the writers aren't putting any effort into their questions, why should he put any into his answers?"

I read that this morning, awesome.

That's part of the problem, reporters aren't asking interesting or thought provoking questions, they're just lazy trying to fill in the blanks of the game. "Oh a big run, I gotta put in a player quote."

Some of these guys need a reality check. It's football, relax. You're not that important.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Might I recommend a nice cool topical Hemmorhoid ointment for this gentlemans condition!
Super_Stock_4141_11185.jpg

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":s6os5hxi said:
Checked out his twitter, didn't give any credit to Seattle's offense.

"Chris Collinsworth is really selling "magic" of Seahawks, does he know Cardinals are playing with spotted hyena at quarterback."

Oh yeah he also wanted Johnny Football to start over Hoyer.

Some guys response on twitter, thought it was pretty good.

Jud Branam ‏@judbranam 17h17 hours ago
@benmaller Backup QB couldn't tackle for crap #cardz :D

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I would argue that the media are jackasses and they have the easiest jobs in the world.

They watch sports and then sit on the couch and write about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":j2lqzr5o said:
I would argue that the media are jackasses and they have the easiest jobs in the world.

They watch sports and then sit on the couch and write about it.

If you don't mind my asking...what is your occupation? Whether you're a doctor or a plumber, there's a joke that can be made about your profession, as well, and you can bet it has it's share of jackass'. Am I wrong?

This forum, which btw would be considered "media", is littered with pieces that flatter our Hawks on a daily basis. Why read any of that? Why put any stock in any of those compliments when the writer is obviously just some dimwit jackass that sits on his couch all day? The writer that says "Luck is better than Wilson" sucks no more than the writer that says "Wilson is better than Luck". It's all about perspective (and what you want to hear).

It appears I am singling you out, I'm not. "The media sux" thing is widespread. I ask these questions in all sincerity. I have been with "the media" in one capacity or another for the majority of my adult life and for the most part, can speak only favorably of the majority of writers and reporters I have known. Some are better than others, to be sure, but the majority of these people take their craft quite seriously.

OTOH, do know that what you are reading in the big papers, and certainly what you are watching on TV, is not necessarily the actual opinion of the reporter or commentator. Big news equals big money and like any profession, there will be those that choose money over art. At the networks, in particular, it's seldom that an editor, or director, isn't catering to ratings or sponsors. They push their heavily influenced agendas on the writer, then the commentator, and tell both to jump. Really no different than any other corporation.

The media, in general, is simply offering perspective. It is up to you, the individual, to process that information and form your own opinion. You have a choice in what you choose to believe. To those that believe "The media sux", I believe you would have a very difficult time living without it.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Frickin' love it. The seething hate that emanates from our haters. We've created a monster. From the way Sherman trash talks and calls out his critics and opposing fans, the way Marshawn doesn't give a flip about the media, The Pete Carroll is a "horrible human being" drum beaters, the Russell Wilson is a "game manager" believers, The Paul Allen "bought his championship" conspirators... On and on and on. Man have our Seahawks arrived!!! This ain't your daddy's Seahawks. Merry Christmas haters. Go sit on a candy cane.