RW just before the half

jacobsod

Reaction score
Everyone else notice how RW was pushing heavily for another score as the clock was winding down to the half yesterday? I'm confident we would have scored had we had a time out or two left. I love his dedication he brings to every game, every play. :th2thumbs: A lot of other teams / leaders would have taken it easy since it was so close to halftime. My wife and I were loving watching the hustle, and how he was pushing everyone to line up quick to get down the field enough for at least a field goal.

And how he was pushing the guys for more scoring even after the game was essentially won..? Awesome.

I know there are a million "I love RW" threads, but that guy is all class.

DrDix

Reaction score
Yeah but not happy how on one play they had over 40 seconds, then when the play was over they had 8. Time management needs to be better.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
DrDix":m6q82tgg said:
Yeah but not happy how on one play they had over 40 seconds, then when the play was over they had 8. Time management needs to be better.

That's not true, They did a play with over 40 seconds, next play they had about 23 seconds and next play ended with 8 seconds. They chose to run a play instead of spiking the ball wasting 15 seconds.

The fact that they burned timeouts early really cost them the points.

OP
OP
jacobsod

jacobsod

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2y89vzwy said:
DrDix":2y89vzwy said:

That's not true, They did a play with over 40 seconds, next play they had about 23 seconds and next play ended with 8 seconds. They chose to run a play instead of spiking the ball wasting 15 seconds.

The fact that they burned timeouts early really cost them the points.

Seen a lot of timeouts this season, especially in the 1st quarter that have made no sense to me. Sometimes it looks like a communication issue, sometimes a couple of the guys just look like they didn't line up fast enough. Can't make mistakes like that in the playoffs. Or am I missing something?

Jacknut16

Reaction score
The 4 yard scramble by RW3 is what really hurt us, we wasted a huge amount of time just getting back to the line of scrimmage and then he runs for 4 yards or whatever it was and keeps the clock moving and we have to set up again.

He will learn that stopping the clock there is FAR more important than the 4 yards.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Richardson not running out of bounds and picking up 8 yards instead, cost us a TD there. I'm sure our coaching staff will point this out to him if they haven't done so already.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Jacknut16":3tasp6i6 said:
The 4 yard scramble by RW3 is what really hurt us, we wasted a huge amount of time just getting back to the line of scrimmage and then he runs for 4 yards or whatever it was and keeps the clock moving and we have to set up again.

He will learn that stopping the clock there is FAR more important than the 4 yards.
But what if the four yard scramble would have been for 55 yards? It happens and you won't know when it happens until it does.. Any play that doesn't work was a crappy call. A successful play is genius..

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Donn2390":2qyo7w3e said:
Jacknut16":2qyo7w3e said:

But what if the four yard scramble would have been for 55 yards? It happens and you won't know when it happens until it does.. Any play that doesn't work was a crappy call. A successful play is genius..

An incomplete pass there gives the Hawks much more time for other plays. He wasnt going to run for 55 yards against a deep zone defense.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2qtrmsp1 said:
Richardson not running out of bounds and picking up 8 yards instead, cost us a TD there. I'm sure our coaching staff will point this out to him if they haven't done so already.
This. He had a chance to easily duck out and kill the clock with 1:10 or so. We regroup, take a few chunk shots, at least get a close FG try. Oh well. They'll learn from it, like you said.