better in your opinion beastquake 2 or wilson's td run?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Many people will disagree with me but I think that bootleg td that Wilson ran in was more impressive than Lynch's run. Not taking anything away from Lynch, it was a fantastic run and was one of the best RB runs of the year.

However, there was something really special about the Wilson bootleg scramble for a touchdown. You have a QB who should of been had on the bootleg does some hesitation juke that is just disgusting, stiffarms a linebacker to the ground like he is a child, and then jukes another 5 or 6 times to have Cromartie just fall down in front of him. Honestly, have you ever seen a QB that has been able to make a play like that?

HawkWow

Reaction score
He was Favre like.

I'd hate to have to choose between the 2 plays. You much more expect a run like that from a back than you do a play like that from a QB. I think that's why it's such a tough choice. Because of the distance, I suppose I'd give the edge to 'shawn's run but again, I'm glad we don't have to choose. In fact I'm waffling as I type. Good topic.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't know what was more impressive, I won't forget either play. Wilson schooled those two guys like they had never played sports in their lives.

kearly

Reaction score
I loved the Wilson run, but there was definitely an element of "quit" in the Cardinals that played a factor in that play. Actually, that might have been my favorite thing about it. Lynch crushed the Cardinals spirits, and Wilson danced on their graves.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Beastquake 2.0 .. though Wilson shoving Okafor to the ground like a rag doll was hysterical too.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Glad I don't have to choose. For me though, I loved the Wilson run. Beast just crushed the Cards with will and "determination" (needs another video). Lockett on that play though...man is he fast and hungry. Russ just killed them. I mean he made it look easy. The play was read perfectly by the linebacker. He had Russ dead to rights. Russ looks inside like he might cut back or find someone open, then takes off. Upon being chased just levels the backer in pursuit like a doll and the jukes Cromartie out of his uniform. That was just sick. Both plays say so much about the individual players.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm glad this came up. I was jumping up and down with my 11-yr old watching Marshawn do his thing- I believe it was more important in the context of the game. Kearly nailed it earlier.

RW though, that was priceless. He embarrassed those guys, shamed them. It was grand!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Lynch's run will be in the reel of all time best runs. It was the better run. Russ's was special though. Do you think any one on the Cards defense still thinks he is too small to be an NFL QB? Great text book stiff arms from both players.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":2oj0olmk said:
Lynch crushed the Cardinals spirits, and Wilson danced on their graves.

^ Quote of the year.

As I watched the Lynch run, I knew he would score. Dangerous situation for a defensive player. You have Lynch in Beastmode and he's in primetime. You just know you're going to wind up on the wrong end of tomorrow's Sportscenter lead-in. All you can hear is grunts, growls and those famous notes: duh duh duh - duh duh duh. Many want for Lynch's return next year. Many more do not.

The Wilson run: Unlike Lynch's run, I didn't expect Russ to score on that play. After the stiff arm, the score was just bonus for me. He'd already made his point.

With a gun to my head, I'd be forced to vote Wilson for play of the game with that epic, Goodbye Felicia of a score.

taco40

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3sjjccgm said:
Lynch's run will be in the reel of all time best runs. It was the better run. Russ's was special though. Do you think any one on the Cards defense still thinks he is too small to be an NFL QB? Great text book stiff arms from both players.

What I loved about Lynch's glendalequake was that he went back hunting. That was an old school punishing run, however, the punishment used to be after four or five yards. Marshawn beasted those guys way downfield and Lockett made them look like something for the dustman to pick up along the curb - what tremendous hustle to block nearly everyone on the right side of the field. It was so impressive because of the timing in the game.

To those on the Seattle broadcast who were saying it was the best thing they had ever seen. Are you absolutely nuts? Or just a cheap facsimile of a sports broadcaster. The timing of Lynch's beastquake was priceless. And breaking 8 - 10 tackles made it legendary. It was also the first. Last night's four broken tackles while carrying the ball and the flu was just a sequel - a really great sequel.

RW's run was truly unbelievable. I had to see it three times to really believe that Okafor really was that clueless as to how to attack. Took him three minutes to get that jockstrap readjusted after having it faked off.

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ Neither do I see last night's run as competition for Beastquake. I've heard several people describe it as "better" and I really think they might have only heard about the original. They sure couldn't have seen it.

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I agree the original beastquake was a much better overall run imo and one of the best ever. Lynch's run last night was fantastic but no where near as impressive as the original.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":er0ec6ct said:
Beastquake 2.0 .. though Wilson shoving Okafor to the ground like a rag doll was hysterical too.
Okafor was the guy that sacked his ass earlier in the game, and so for that reason alone, I was pumped to see Russ do the smackdown on him.. Fabulous play right there from RW, but to pick one play or the other as the best?, I can't.. no.. won't make a pick.
I'm just astonished that BOTH those plays happened in this all important game...596 Yards?, on that Defense? :thirishdrinkers: