Beast Mode runs side by side

minormillikin

Reaction score
Wow, that's really awesome. Lynch seems to reach full beast mode once he gets out into the opponent's backfield.

The main difference between the runs for me was that I was sure he had stepped out of bounds this time, so I wasn't nearly as excited while it was going on. Then, on seeing that he hadn't stepped out, I realized what a great run I had just watched.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Both runs were nothing but epic.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Very interesting seeing these plays side by side. Marshawn is not as fast or fluid as he used to be . . . but his vision has improved over the years. He also looks bigger and stronger than he did four years ago.

He's not just running through tackles (although he still does more of that than anyone in the league), he's also eluding them better than he ever has by finding the hole faster, cutting around guys with more precision, and breaking into the open field. His improvisational skills continue to sharpen with age. The first play is pure rock n' roll, the second is more like jazz fusion.

DiligentWavyCopperbutterfly.gif

kearly

Reaction score
Lynch has looked increasingly athletic with each passing season the last four years, which has coincided with him showing up to camp lighter and in better shape than he did the year before. Even as his body is showing signs of mortality, his athleticism has actually gotten more explosive and freakish. 2010 Marshawn almost looks like Eddie Lacy in comparison.

What an amazing RB.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":zeo4v6ns said:
Lynch has looked increasingly athletic with each passing season the last four years, which has coincided with him showing up to camp lighter and in better shape than he did the year before. Even as his body is showing signs of mortality, his athleticism has actually gotten more explosive and freakish. 2010 Marshawn almost looks like Eddie Lacy in comparison.

What an amazing RB.

It looks to me like he's gained back some of the weight he lost during the off-season. While he is certainly lighter than he was last season, I can't say he looks slimmer or faster than he did from 2010-12. That's just what tends to happen as we age. I think he's made up for it though with superior vision, anticipation, and field awareness, not to mention his improved blocking and receiving skills.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2fpwq6c1 said:
kearly":2fpwq6c1 said:

What an amazing RB.

It looks to me like he's gained back some of the weight he lost during the off-season. While he is certainly lighter than he was last season, I can't say he looks slimmer or faster than he did from 2010-12. That's just what tends to happen as we age. I think he's made up for it though with superior vision, anticipation, and field awareness, not to mention his improved blocking and receiving skills.
He looks considerably slower...but Marshawn never was a burner

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That is amazing. Particularly how, at the middle, there are 2 of the same moments almost at the same time.

djb28

Reaction score
hawknation2014 said:
Very interesting seeing these plays side by side. Marshawn is not as fast or fluid as he used to be . . . but his vision has improved over the years. He also looks bigger and stronger than he did four years ago.

He's not just running through tackles (although he still does more of that than anyone in the league), he's also eluding them better than he ever has by finding the hole faster, cutting around guys with more precision, and breaking into the open field. His improvisational skills continue to sharpen with age. The first play is pure rock n' roll, the second is more like jazz fusion.

I think They slowed down one of the gifs so they both end up with the nut hold at the end at the same time.. I dont think he could have gotten that much slower.