Let's beat an old horse.....

Rickomatic

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. I was watching the NFL network this morning, and they had a segment of the weeks best 5 games. Where do you think the Hawks were ranked? That's right, they weren't even included. I guess a defending Superb Owl champion, who took control of their division, racked up a franchise record number of yards, held another franchise to a record low since 19 fricken 58!, and featured Beast Quake 2.0 doesn't merit mention.
Same old same old.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
I blame Eric Davis and his 49er suckfest! :pukeface: :49ersmall:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with a lack of respect. Trust me, I watch NFL Network a lot, and the Seahawks are featured all the time. They are discussed, dissected, talked about to what opposing team fans might consider a "Sickening Degree" at times.

This is about the game being a blowout, which is not a good game from the traditional sense. GREAT game for the Seahawks and their fans, but for an average NFL fan wanting to see a good game where the score is close to the end?

Nope.

marko358

Reaction score
Same reason most of my friends outside of Washington thought the Super Bowl was a terrible game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueTalons":1weafzgx said:
Blowouts don't usually get in the discussion for "Best Games."

"best" = close.

But if you need that non-existent east coast media bias to fuel your inner rage in order to be the best fan you can be, I say you go on with your bad self.

kpak76

Reaction score
BlueTalons":1cgjr2tb said:

Was just going to say this myself.

Mick063

Reaction score
I really liked the Patriots....at first. Then I got sick of them. They were not the underdogs anymore. They were not flashy and new. I wanted to see the next success story. I got sick of the media coverage. I grew weary of the fawning over Brady.

The Seahawks are soon getting to that point with NFL nation.

Brahn

Reaction score
Last Years NFCCG > Superbowl

When we talk about great games.

OP
OP
R

Rickomatic

Reaction score
kpak76":2qo8uuz8 said:
BlueTalons":2qo8uuz8 said:

Was just going to say this myself.

I'd usually agree with that, but one of the "5 Best" was Cowboys vs Colts @ 42-7. Bigger blowout than the Hawks.
I think I'll embrace my inner rage...... :les:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If you aren't a Seahawks fan, Sunday's game was terrible. Outside of the exciting plays by Lynch and Wilson, there was nothing for an average NFL fan to enjoy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3bg6bbno said:
And here I thought a thread about beating an old horse was going to be about Peyton Manning.

Just picture Peyton's face on this horse.

Beathorse8aq

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah i was going to say the 'blowout' excuse doesn't resonate, cowboys blew out the colts who ended up putting in backups.

But the real problem here was ryan lindley, nobody honestly thought arizona had a chance. I think we as seahawk fans actually gave more credit to the cards than the rest of the country.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Seahawks-Cards game was close for three quarters. In fact, at the end of the third quarter, the Cards were marching down the field, within striking distance, to bring the game to a 13-14 score. That is close. To go into the fourth quarter with the score a one-point difference is the epitome of close.

The problem lies with the notion that it didn't feel close. The Seahawks were dominating that game in every way but the scoreboard until that point. One just didn't get the feeling the Cards could pull it out unless they got really, really lucky all of the sudden.

And it was a defensive grind, which not a lot of people like. People like scoring. People like touchdowns and points on the board. This game featured little of that early, and then a blowout late.

Still, it deserved a spot over the Cowboys-Lucks game.