Pete Carrol on 710 yesterday

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Mentioned how jacked up he was about the next draft, crazy thought. He said we got a bunch of picks and seemed giddy about the prospects they are already scouting. I friggin love this team, they are one home game from the #1 seed again and gushing over the draft already.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":s662qzad said:
Mentioned how jacked up he was about the next draft, crazy thought. He said we got a bunch of picks and seemed giddy about the prospects they are already scouting. I friggin love this team, they are one home game from the #1 seed again and gushing over the draft already.

he can probably see we could have a bit of a dynasty on our hands

Seafan

Reaction score
I heard that too and am excited as well. We have a lot of picks and Pete and John know we are going to reload this roster with some studs. We need to improve this OL and can use some play makers on offense. I'm pumped about the off season but we have a great chance to repeat and I'm looking forward to the next 4 games, one at a time.

SChawk27

Reaction score
It sounded like John expects some good comp picks as well. Pete said something about 'picks coming our way.'

With all of our free agent losses, especially Tate, we should be in line for an extra third rounder.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I hate when people talk about a video or audio interview being so great then don't post a link for those who didn't hear or get to see it.

Just saying.....

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hope this works:

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9981315&p=1027&n=Pete%20Carroll%20Show#[/urltargetblank]

Tical21

Reaction score
I just like listening to him talk about Alvin Bailey's weight. He's right though. Bailey was somewhat svelt last season. Not anymore.

warden

Reaction score
lsheldon":3twf3iwu said:
I hate when people talk about a video or audio interview being so great then don't post a link for those who didn't hear or get to see it.

Just saying.....

I hate when people are too lazy to do their own leg work to find a link.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When Pete outs a private issue like Bailey's weight, you know Pete has hit his last resort to get the player to listen.

It worked for Carpenter.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm assuming Pete is talking about compensatory picks for the players we lost in the off season. Be interesting to see what we get for who. I guess Harvin is likely to result in only a 6th? Better than nothing I guess.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
lsheldon":1eiuepim said:
Thanks for the link. I'm assuming Pete is talking about compensatory picks for the players we lost in the off season. Be interesting to see what we get for who. I guess Harvin is likely to result in only a 6th? Better than nothing I guess.
Percy won't be anything, we traded him, he was not signed as a free agent by someone else.

stang233

Reaction score
We r looking at 4-5 good comp picks. 3rd rnd for Tate and numerous 4-6 for McDonald browner thurmond and Giacomini.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bwne1o6 said:
lsheldon":1bwne1o6 said:
Percy won't be anything, we traded him, he was not signed as a free agent by someone else.

Wonder what this comment in the ESPN report on the trade is about then from October right after:

The Seattle Seahawks have traded wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets.

Seattle will receive a conditional draft pick in 2015, which will be either a fourth- or sixth-round selection, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... -york-jets

Scottemojo

Reaction score
lsheldon":bt7353cr said:
Scottemojo":bt7353cr said:
lsheldon":bt7353cr said:

Wonder what this comment in the ESPN report on the trade is about then from October right after the announcement :

The Seattle Seahawks have traded wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets.

Seattle will receive a conditional draft pick in 2015, which will be either a fourth- or sixth-round selection, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

Conditional pick is not a compensatory pick. Depending on play time, the pick we get from the Jets could be a 4th or 6th rounder.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1zbwsfzi said:
lsheldon":1zbwsfzi said:
Scottemojo":1zbwsfzi said:
lsheldon":1zbwsfzi said:

Wonder what this comment in the ESPN report on the trade is about then from October right after the announcement :

Conditional pick is not a compensatory pick. Depending on play time, the pick we get from the Jets could be a 4th or 6th rounder.

My bad for using compensatory as a term for all added picks this coming year when I should have specified more clearly that Harvin's would be a conditional pick instead. But we get something for Harvin instead of nothing.

Thanks, I see