Seahawks 2014 offense one of the "safest" in NFL History

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Only turning the ball over 6.3% per offensive drive (No. 1 in the NFL), much better than even last year at 9.5%. If the Seahawks don't commit an offensive turnover against the Rams, they would most likely be Top 5 All-Time in league history for that stat, the Football Outsiders site only goes back about 15 years or so but I doubt there are many (if any teams) with less than 11 or 12 turnovers before 1997 in a full 16 game season.

Even if Carroll won't say it in his press conferences or interviews, etc... I am pretty certain he and other coaches tells Wilson to just throw the ball away or take a sack rather than "forcing" passes like some other QBs do, and it seems to be working just fine.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

bellingerga

Reaction score
Maulbert":1eiqkpq8 said:
And most talking heads would just say it was proof that Russell Wilson was just a game manager. Damn fools.

If by "game manager" they mean "manages to win games" then I totally Agree.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Most coaches would like thier qbs to throw the ball away or eat it as opposed to risking a turn over. I'm sure they all stress that, and we all know how much Pete stresses that its all about the ball.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RW has the most pressures per drop back, so that makes that stat even more incredible. He has been throwing the ball away more frequently this season, which I'm sure hasn't helped his completion percentage (currently at 47% !!). Simply amazing what happens when he gets semi-consistent protection. I'm even more amazed at so many people thinking he suddenly got better in the Cardinals game. NOPE, the OL and game plan did.

Love what Richardson is doing right now. Our passing game has been a feast or famine arrangement, with big plays followed by nothing, especially when the run isn't working. Richardson has smoothed out that herky/jerky motion with his reliable hands and considerable route-running ability (for a rook). Thanks to him, our intermediate passing game doesn't look like an afterthought now. We have never looked lake ANY version of the WCO -not even a hint of it- until recently. I'm liking this!

Hopefully P-Rich is taking few cues from Doug on how to reliably beat his jams at the LOS, Would love to see the team spring him on some deep routes once we reach the post season. SUPRISE!!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2qscgwwh said:
RW has the most pressures per drop back, so that makes that stat even more incredible. He has been throwing the ball away more frequently this season, which I'm sure hasn't helped his completion percentage (currently at 47% !!). Simply amazing what happens when he gets semi-consistent protection. I'm even more amazed at so many people thinking he suddenly got better in the Cardinals game. NOPE, the OL and game plan did.

Love what Richardson is doing right now. Our passing game has been a feast or famine arrangement, with big plays followed by nothing, especially when the run isn't working. Richardson has smoothed out that herky/jerky motion with his reliable hands and considerable route-running ability (for a rook). Thanks to him, our intermediate passing game doesn't look like an afterthought now. We have never looked lake ANY version of the WCO -not even a hint of it- until recently. I'm liking this!

Hopefully P-Rich is taking few cues from Doug on how to reliably beat his jams at the LOS, Would love to see the team spring him on some deep routes once we reach the post season. SUPRISE!!

Where did you get your completion percentage number of 47%? I see him at 62.8% for the season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
47%? That's Tebow stuff.
I am quite sure Pete is ticked about the 6.3 number. Too damn high.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":23cbk2so said:
He has been throwing the ball away more frequently this season, which I'm sure hasn't helped his completion percentage (currently at 47% !!).

Not true. He is at 62.8%. Not the 70% he had hoped for when the season began, but certainly no where near the 47% you got from who knows where.

Russell Wilson, QB SEA 268 (comp) 427 (att) 62.8 % completion rate

evergreen

Reaction score
His % is gonna drop because of all the safe throw aways he makes when being pressured. So we have this safest offense and a lower % passer.