Gus Johnson calling game. NOW THAT IS INTERESTING

seahawksny

Reaction score
I don't remember him doing Seahawks before

this guy is bound to have a heart attack if Russell Wilson or beastmode breaks a run more than 5 yards. he will be out of commission for a month after this game lol

one of his greatest moment came a few years ago when dawgs beat Arizona in pac 10 championship in staples center. Isaiah thomas hit a stunning jimperial to win it and he kept calling him Young Zeke. I'm sure most people under 30 have no clue what he was talking about but it was pretty damn funny for those who understood

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawks187":1fw1iuvu said:
COLLLDDDD BLLOOOOODDEDDDDDD .. ive watched that call 1000000 times

YOUUUUUUUUUNG ZEEEEEEkEE
AND WASHINGTON WINS IT!!!!!!!
ON LAST SECOND JAYYYYYYYYYY

COOOOOOOOLD BLOOOOOOOOOODED

yes i would say I've seen it a few times also hahaha

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Dunno why he doesn't do more big games. He is good at it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawknballs":zhcpmrsi said:
Dunno why he doesn't do more big games. He is good at it.
He's Fox's #1 guy for college football & basketball. They tried having him do soccer but his style wasn't a good fit.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I have no idea who you are talking about. Sorry. I live in Michigan. The only Isaiah Thomas I know of played for the Bad Boys in the late 80's/early 90's.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
seahawksny":4j048ram said:
one of his greatest moment came a few years ago when dawgs beat Arizona in pac 10 championship in staples center. Isaiah thomas hit a stunning jimperial to win it and he kept calling him Young Zeke. I'm sure most people under 30 have no clue what he was talking about but it was pretty damn funny for those who understood

I still remember that. The step back was beautiful. Love Gus' enthusiasm, great announcer.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1v3qa2tz said:
I have no idea who you are talking about. Sorry. I live in Michigan. The only Isaiah Thomas I know of played for the Bad Boys in the late 80's/early 90's.

Our college team in seattle, the university of Washington had a player a few years ago named Isaiah thomas. I believe his father was a piston fan or something, but HE IS named for THE Isaiah Thomas.

So that whole game, gus johnson, announcing the game, who I understand is a big fan of the original Isaiah , kept calling the younger one. "Young Zeke"
he was so enthusiastic about this kid that his name was Isiah Thomas. The fact that he hit a last second jumper to win the game made Gus Johnson, and many of a Husky fans go ballistic.

Here is the clip.. "cooooold blooooded" was classic line. Shot wasn't bad either

Isaiah Thomas Buzzer Beater vs Arizona (HD): http://youtu.be/VlcJbATdMfA

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One week too late.. He would have had a coronary calling that Lynch run

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3p6pn8xj said:

Oh i know who you are talking about. Hes that amazing GM that gave perennial All-Stars Eddie Curry and James "Snacks" Jon
es guaranteed 100 million dollar plus contracts :roll:

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2slfzlxa said:
Seahwkgal":2slfzlxa said:

Oh i know who you are talking about. Hes that amazing GM that gave perennial All-Stars Eddie Curry and James "Snacks" Johnson guaranteed 100 million dollar plus contracts :roll:

That's him. Great player, terrible exec

kearly

Reaction score
Nothing tops the Orton to Stokely call IMO. Exasperated in a way that every fan watching felt when that play happened. It sucked for us at the time- Denver was playing for a future Hawks draft pick- but it was still awesome.

[youtube]9fPamV6LsV8[/youtube]

Gus Johnson said himself that this playcall was more or less the one that put him into national prominence. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was his very first NFL regular season game as an announcer, previously he had only done preseason games in the NFL.

Gus Johnson had some great calls for Russell Wilson during his season at Wisconsin too.

I am reasonably sure that Gus Johnson called a Seahawks game in 2012 or 2013, I remember it being a snoozer at home against a bad team. The Jets in 2012 maybe?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Gus is terrible, I have to mute him and his partner. I don't get the love for this guy. I guarantee the entire game he will be rooting for the Rams, he loves to root for the underdog.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":21nilzje said:
I am reasonably sure that Gus Johnson called a Seahawks game in 2012 or 2013, I remember it being a snoozer at home against a bad team. The Jets in 2012 maybe?

It was 2008.

Johnson's one of the best. Exciteable and also more knowledgeable and forthcoming than a lot of announcers. Can't wait.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He's better at calling college basketball than he is football in my opinion. One thing I know for certain when there is 2 minutes left and its a tight game or a team is making a comeback there is no one better in the business.