A month ago, I honestly thought we had about a 25% shot

Marlin Man

Reaction score
at getting back to the SB, NOW, I think it is more like a 80%, sure as hell, as soon as I get on board the ship will sink then you guys can all blame me!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to ALL Hawk fans

M.M.

el capitan

Reaction score
Even 80% is probably a little conservative. All we've got do is win three at home where we are 23-2 since Russell Wilson arrived and its a done deal.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Yup, more like 92%

I'll be surprised if we don't win the whole damned thing again.

sutz

Reaction score
el capitan":3qjsuuvx said:
Even 80% is probably a little conservative. All we've got do is win three at home where we are 23-2 since Russell Wilson arrived and its a done deal.
...and neither of those losses was in the playoffs, or even all that important to our final standings. When games matter, our guys--especially RW--come ready to play.

Seafan

Reaction score
Based on stats, percentages, odds, etc the Hawks have a 12.5% chance to make the Super Bowl but that is true of all teams with home field advantage and first round byes winning their next three games. Now if you say the Hawks have an 80% chance of beating the Rams and therefore attaining the HFA and then beating their first opponent with an 80% chance and then winning the NFCC game with an 80% chance then the odds the Hawks will get to the SB is about 51%. Reality is every team has a 50/50 chance to win any game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seafan":16g9ylzp said:
Reality is every team has a 50/50 chance to win any game.

I fully understand your post, but reality is not every team has a 50/50 chance to win any game. You have a 50/50 chance to get either heads or tails on a random coin flip, but football teams are by definition not a random assortment of equal players. We have a much higher chance of 50/50 of winning virtually any game based on the aggregate data collected over an extended time. It's a weighted coin if you will, and we happen to be the heavy side.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Seahawks have a 99.9999% chance of winning it all this year. I can't believe I get to witness this, and it's my team. All my life, I've wondered what a dynasty would be like, and here it is.

Enjoy this, folks. We are on a train ride that only a handful of teams fans have ever been on, and it is something special indeed.

Rob12

Reaction score
Seafan":360a237l said:
Based on stats, percentages, odds, etc the Hawks have a 12.5% chance to make the Super Bowl but that is true of all teams with home field advantage and first round byes winning their next three games. Now if you say the Hawks have an 80% chance of beating the Rams and therefore attaining the HFA and then beating their first opponent with an 80% chance and then winning the NFCC game with an 80% chance then the odds the Hawks will get to the SB is about 51%. Reality is every team has a 50/50 chance to win any game.

I think in this case, the stats are extremely limited in what they can predict with this team. I mean, were people saying things like this when the Pats were consistently dominating in their heyday? No, because simple numbers didn't apply to their greatness.

That's what we have here. I still don't think a lot of people "get" it. What we have here is dominance, and it's been sustainable. Yet I constantly see the gloomy, reserved Seahawks fans everywhere. I'm not saying that this is you at all... Just a general observation.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I for one am pretty disappointed in the OP . I never gave up on this team . sitting at 3-3 I knew we were destined for that ONE seed.

AVL

Reaction score
I thought we would lose to Oakland before the comeback, so I don't see what all of the fuss is.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am floored that we are in position to wrap up home field advantage with a win this week.
It's amazing the turn around our team made.

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2amhlhjn said:
I am floored that we are in position to wrap up home field advantage with a win this week.
It's amazing the turn around our team made.

It's unbelievable, therefore I don't :sarcasm_off: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

Donn2390

Reaction score
Slow down guys, at the beginning of the season everyone was sure we were going to go 16-0, and look what happened.
Let's just play them one game at a time and don't get too cocky until we are actually polishing the trophy..
All this talk of can't miss SB winners scares me to death.. There are a few other good teams who have their say in the matter...
GO HAWKS...

DrDix

Reaction score
Lol, don't understand why people didn't believe. I fully believed we would be here even after 3-3.

Our defense never went anywhere. Our QB and RB never went anywhere. We were heavily injured. They weren't playing well but it was ridiculous to think this team would miss the playoffs or anything. Not with this team, coaching staff.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":3c3ozn6z said:
The Seahawks have a 99.9999% chance of winning it all this year. I can't believe I get to witness this, and it's my team. All my life, I've wondered what a dynasty would be like, and here it is.

Enjoy this, folks. We are on a train ride that only a handful of teams fans have ever been on, and it is something special indeed.

After you said the Cardinals would win it all, I don't necessarily trust your judgment ;)

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2n3disxo said:
HansGruber":2n3disxo said:

After you said the Cardinals would win it all, I don't necessarily trust your judgment ;)
Lol, touche. Although the cardinals were 9-1 when I said that and we had just lost a heart breaker to the lowly chiefs (and our defense was at its lowest before the turnaround).

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i was 100% confident as hell after i saw SF play like shit for their first 6 and AZ's injuries. i was VERY happy those 4 games were at the end of the season.

Mick063

Reaction score
There wasn't a point in this season where I didn't think they could turn it around and make the playoffs. I am surprised, however, that the #1 seed and HFA is within reach. After the loss to Kansas City with a red hot Cardinals team next up (with Stanton fully healthy), I thought Arizona, with a three game lead and only one loss, was a near lock for the NFC West crown.

But I always believed that Seattle would make the post season. Hell, they had already notched wins over Denver and Green Bay. I knew they could beat anybody, but just needed to get over the Harvin debacle.

In hindsight, I really don't think Ellington and Carson would have been the difference for the Cardinals. Dockett and Washington are a different story though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Donn2390":8r6xuks6 said:
Slow down guys, at the beginning of the season everyone was sure we were going to go 16-0, and look what happened.

This is true. And then at 3-3, everyone thought we were a lost cause. In reality, the Seahawks did just about exactly what was realistically expected of them: have a pretty solid year and get in a position where they could compete for a legitimate chance at a repeat Super Bowl win.