Bwagz was almost to be Rams

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I rmemeber the Bwagz pick being another pick that year some "experts" used to kills our draft and give us a grades like D

Mick063

Reaction score
I consider Wagner to be every bit as much of a success story as Sherman or Chancellor.

Other teams had a real shot to take those guys but didn't. It isn't mere coincidence that they ended up in the same place at the same time. Some astute person recognizes talent better than most others.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's fortunate that the Seahawks got him....he got a chance to play here. With the Rams, he probably would have been stashed behind James Laurinitis. We're talking about the Lambs here...they are 6-9 for a reason.

motivated87

Reaction score
Doubt the stashed thing. Wagz was considered to small for MLB. so I think they would have stuck him at OLB. and rotated.
even when he got in seattle. They tried him at both

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
One thing I think most people are overlooking is the effect this coaching staff and conceptual approach towards these guys has. It seems, and I don't say this lightly or presumptuously, to me that these players would not as well if they were on most other rosters.

Pete and John do an insanely good, obviously, job at scouting for players who would fit their schemes. And that locker room has the leaders to build on their confidence and progress their understanding and technique.

All that being said, Wagz is a beast, but does anyone else think that he would have been as good on any other team as he is on the Seahawks roster? I sincerely hope this doesn't come off across as condescending with the "Ra! Ra! Ra! Seahawks is love and life" kinda stuff, but those are honestly my thoughts.

Even when he wasn't injured, Thurmond did nothing for Coughlin. Or Browner for Belichick? Dunno, just an at a glance observation.

Mick063

Reaction score
I agree with nothinbutm.

It really is all about how Carroll applies his trade. He is a master craftsman when it comes to maximizing the strengths of his players and minimizing the weaknesses. When it comes to players, his first order of business is "What can he do, how many things can he do, and how can we fit him into what we do?" I have heard him say it time after time about new players coming in. He is especially fond of diversity. Players that can play multiple roles.

Honestly, I have seen every single Seahawk coach at work and none come nearly as close to making their vision come to life. Carroll does it by encouraging everyone in the organization while mitigating the negativity. The first sign of negativity and he cuts it out like a cancer. Not only that, but he brings in players that reinforce the concept (Thomas disliking sunflower seeds at practice and the ensuing players meeting that turned this team around). Carroll is dead serious about "all in". His first rule is "Protect the team".

He isn't just a football coach. He is a chief executive that has every base covered. What really pleases me is that he gets it all done while treating people with dignity and respect.

I simply can't understand the beating he takes in cyberspace by many keyboard jockeys. I have never heard one word come out of his mouth that wasn't positive, complimentary, or respectful.

I have a serious man crush on him. His personality is infectious.

Sorry if it seems like I derailed the thread topic, but it does apply. Like nothinbutm said, I don't think Wagner is as good on another team. I don't think a whole lot of players are as good on another team.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":5zwzwwi8 said:
One thing I think most people are overlooking is the effect this coaching staff and conceptual approach towards these guys has. It seems, and I don't say this lightly or presumptuously, to me that these players would not as well if they were on most other rosters.

Pete and John do an insanely good, obviously, job at scouting for players who would fit their schemes. And that locker room has the leaders to build on their confidence and progress their understanding and technique.

All that being said, Wagz is a beast, but does anyone else think that he would have been as good on any other team as he is on the Seahawks roster? I sincerely hope this doesn't come off across as condescending with the "Ra! Ra! Ra! Seahawks is love and life" kinda stuff, but those are honestly my thoughts.

Even when he wasn't injured, Thurmond did nothing for Coughlin. Or Browner for Belichick? Dunno, just an at a glance observation.

Browner is doing pretty decent though