Awesome Pete Carroll Quote

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved it's own. I am entirely amazed at the job Pete (and John and many other staffers) has done with this team. His philosophy shines through here and it just illustrates the power of believing in yourself and being able to transcend the boundaries of what you think may be possible to achieve.

"The way we do it is really through empowerment. It's really through orchestrating a conscience and a belief in the system with what we're doing for the players and the coaches. It has to go through empowerment because what I do is I orchestrate them to know that they can't be beat. The knowing that they gain through the process that they're there with us is through showing them why they are capable of that thought. That showing them and illustrating to them in as vivid a manner that I can how good they can be and how good they can become.

Eventually, as a position group, as a coach, as a defense as an offense as a kicking team and all the way throughout, that's really how it happens. So it's my job to orchestrate the process were I can get them to the point to where I can convince them how great they are."

- Pete Carroll

NFL Super Bowl XLVIII Denver Broncos vs Seatt 001

Msfann

Reaction score
This guy will never make it as a coach in the NFL! (that's what they used to say right?)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think often about Russell Wilson's mentioning of things like "I visualize success...I see it happening in my mind before it manifests". In 2012 he went to the Super Bowl (49ers/Ravens) just to help him visualize being there. Further orchestrating the power of visualization in his mind. What QB does that?

There was an article a year or so ago that talked about this new paradigm of coaching techniques that the Seahawks were employing. Things like yoga, meditation, visualization. What NFL team does that?

I believe firmly in the power of positive thinking. Of course action has to follow thought to manifest. This team really seems to get this. It's astonishing to see itself play out precisely as they knew it would, as long as they stayed the course. There are things we can't control like injuries which the team has also mitigated to a surprising degree.

I remember vividly, talking to Dave (NYCoug) at Temple last year at one of the mid-season prefunks. We were of course riding the high of what seemed to be a magical season and I told him, "You can see it. I know you can! Russell Wilson hoisting the Lombardi at the end of this year!" He agreed enthusiastically.

It wasn't the bravado of two 12's under the influence, it was a statement made as fact. I honestly, with all my heart, could see that vision in my mind and I felt it was to be fact.

There is this incredible serendipity to these Seahawks and this era. It's profoundly rewarding to be a part of this journey. It makes ALL the pain and suffering of year's gone by stained in the ocean of mediocrity well, well worth it.

drdiags

Reaction score
I believe those Seahawks fans that are living through this current run have been blessed to see history come alive. I am sure those fans of the legacy teams that had their run of success didn't realize until at least mid-run how fortunate they were to be living the experience.

How much of this ride extends to legendary status is on this team. They could set an all-time standard for future Seahawks teams or let other teams create their own destiny.

Pete is perfect for a West Coast team, void of the hard cynicism of the East coast. We aren't a bunch of rubes out here but we will let you provide your own rope. Pete sounded like a use car salesman to me, but he got buy in by Paul and that helped him continue from his SC success.

I hope he is eventually rewarded for his outside the box thinking, but when he does I think it will be long after he is gone. I marvel at the fact that right now, my formerly inconsequential Seahawks are the hated bad guys. They will not be the good guys in any championship setting, and I am okay with that. How ever long it lasts, this is a good time to be a Seahawks fan.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There is a thing known as a learning method out there. One of the 3 usable portions of it is the hands on method. That method is the person needs to actually touch and work with or on or within the parameters set. In easy terms that method is where you tighten a nut on a bolt to learn how to do that task. Using that same task as an example, Some people can just watch that person do that tightening a nut on a bolt and therefore gain all the information they need to re-accomplish that task at a later time. The final method is to read about it. Reading is not putting the hands on effect in to force but some can remember that method word for word. It may take a special wrench to tighten that nut at a special torque spec. You can apply most things to these methods and some people use one or the other or a multiple of them. If someone is looking at tape and putting an old game piece on an old game that used to be around like the one that is shown on the Jimmy Johnson commercial for bud light and move the pieces to their locations, that would apply one or 2 of these methods. Hands on and visualization. I think you get what I am on to here. Pete has probably got that down pat and understands that some need different methods to learn from. Hence the boards that they use. OC probably uses a board as much for himself as for the players that dont see the pictures. They need to see what has been happening and then what adaptations they can do at the time. Ok I am starting to ramble on...but I thought I would let you know some of the knowledge that they use....or can use if the personnel have that available.
Go Hawks.
Meow