Good Seahawks bar in Victoria, Canada?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm up here on vacation thru Monday, but I brought my #94 Chad Brown away jersey so I'd be rep'n the 12's up here Sunday. I figure there must be several seeing how we're so close. Just curious if anybody knows of a really good one near the Empress. Thx.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
unless things have changed, i do not recall a specific place but i suspect this place will have some organized events...

the assumption is that lots will be there for the Seattle game over others.

http://www.sharkclubs.com/bc/victoria-s ... air-centre

this is another option. i know they had a big party for the SB48. i just dont remember a whole hell of a lot of TV's at the wicket but to be transparent, i have not been there in some time where i have not been very very hammered.

http://www.strathconahotel.com/eventsca ... PARTY.aspx
https://www.facebook.com/TheStickyWicketPub

i know they have arranged some player visits in the past or at least one recently.

BTW, the wicket is about a 5 minute walk as i recall, or about a 10 minute stumble...shark club is a wee bit longer...best to take a taxi. i would check reservations at the wicket...

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":5gxczi9d said:
unless things have changed, i do not recall a specific place but i suspect this place will have some organized events...

the assumption is that lots will be there for the Seattle game over others.

http://www.sharkclubs.com/bc/victoria-s ... air-centre

this is another option. i know they had a big party for the SB48. i just dont remember a whole hell of a lot of TV's at the wicket but to be transparent, i have not been there in some time where i have not been very very hammered.

http://www.strathconahotel.com/eventsca ... PARTY.aspx
https://www.facebook.com/TheStickyWicketPub

i know they have arranged some player visits in the past or at least one recently.

BTW, the wicket is about a 5 minute walk as i recall, or about a 10 minute stumble...shark club is a wee bit longer...best to take a taxi. i would check reservations at the wicket...

Yeah, they do Seahawks games at the Wicket, and it's real close! I'm gonna walk over today and scope it out. Thanks for the info man! Bill

Rainger

Reaction score
Welcome to Victoria Thunder. There are NO Seahawks bars in Victoria.

If you are downtown like it sounds you are The Sticky Wicket is as good as anyplace for watching the game. As was posted above the Sharks club has a lot of TV's (and well dressed women).

However most of the bars that have the games on here don't have the sound up.

The best Seahawk location in Victoria is my house but I don't serve drinks lol.

Have a great time here and Go Hawks!

PS: too bad you are here during crappy weather. Stay till Tuesday it is going to get sunny.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rainger":2jyg4l5c said:
Welcome to Victoria Thunder. There are NO Seahawks bars in Victoria.

If you are downtown like it sounds you are The Sticky Wicket is as good as anyplace for watching the game. As was posted above the Sharks club has a lot of TV's (and well dressed women).

However most of the bars that have the games on here don't have the sound up.

The best Seahawk location in Victoria is my house but I don't serve drinks lol.

Have a great time here and Go Hawks!

PS: too bad you are here during crappy weather. Stay till Tuesday it is going to get sunny.

yeah, I went into The Wicket today and asked and they said "oh yeah, it'll be on every tv". Some other hawk fan in a store said that's where he goes every Sunday, so that's where we're heading. Cool! And the weather said it's gonna be ok tomorrow weather-wise, so it'll be fine. We knew it was most likely gonna be crappy weather when we planned it months ago, so we packed accordingly... :D Good times so far. Doing the Butchart Gardens xmas lights thing tonight. And then GO HAWKS tomorrow! Whoohoo! Thanks for your help guys!

stizz19

Reaction score
Yeah the games room at the Sticky Wicket will show the game. Hecklers is good to watch at too but that's on Gorge Rd and it's a bit of a cab ride. Go Hawks!

Rainger

Reaction score
BT check your PM's I sent you my Phone number. Call me and we can get together while you are here. But not when the game is on. I watch at home not bars.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rainger":280sqbwh said:
BT check your PM's I sent you my Phone number. Call me and we can get together while you are here. But not when the game is on. I watch at home not bars.

Yeah, there is no substitute for the home setup for games... But it's fun to watch in a bar with a bunch of Seahawks crazies now and again. Nice to have somebody besides the wife to high-five... She's a wuss! "Ow!... My hand!" heh heh... See you tomorrow at "The Wicket" before the game buddy... Bill

Cyrus12

Reaction score
with little kid junior hockey goin on and the usual boring nhl games it might be tough anywhere in bc...best bet find a place with a lot of screens and ask if they will turn one of the channels...

Rainger

Reaction score
Hey Blue Thunder hope you enjoyed watching the Hawks clinch HFA at the Wicket and you weren't to drunk trying to get back to your room. Great win. Good to meet you and your wife. Go Hawks!!!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rainger":2d1wysna said:
Hey Blue Thunder hope you enjoyed watching the Hawks clinch HFA at the Wicket and you weren't to drunk trying to get back to your room. Great win. Good to meet you and your wife. Go Hawks!!!

Yeah, it was pretty fun. A little quiet the first half of course, but it got going... lol I got just drunk enough to lead quite a few "SEA?!"..... "HAWWWWKS!!!"... Crowd got really into it. Yeah, that's a pretty good Seahawks bar for anyone up in the Victoria area during the season. Make a note of it! Great to meet you too Rainger. Always cool meeting another .netter! GO HAWKS!!!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1kd2p5g1 said:
rainger":1kd2p5g1 said:

Yeah, it was pretty fun. A little quiet the first half of course, but it got going... lol I got just drunk enough to lead quite a few "SEA?!"..... "HAWWWWKS!!!"... Crowd got really into it. Yeah, that's a pretty good Seahawks bar for anyone up in the Victoria area during the season. Make a note of it! Great to meet you too Rainger. Always cool meeting another .netter! GO HAWKS!!!
The wicket is my go to place for most sports stuff. I tend to start to order some of the very reasonably priced bottles of champange towards the end of the evening there.

Glad it worked out.