Pete Carroll's Friday Press Conference

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Kidhawk mentioned that he was on vacation, so I thought I would post this for you guys.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 49e3c179e5

Summary:

Bunch of guys are competing to get healthy and get on the 53-man roster. This game provides a special opportunity for the players to end the season at home.

QB Shaun Hill's veteran presence helps the Rams because they are such a young team. They have a lot of playmakers.

Russell Okung had a full week, is in good shape, and is ready to go. Max Unger made it through practice.

Jermaine Kearse is listed as out with a pulled hamstring. Chris Matthews practiced and has a chance to play.

Tharold Simon practiced today. If everything works out tomorrow, he could be available to play.

Aaron Donald is really fast, exceptional for a defensive lineman, and has great motor. He's a very savvy player. If you block him normally like you would block another guy, he just jumps around you into the backfield. He's a problem.

Jeff Fisher is always dangerous. He's a terrific football coach, who has been through everything. We have great respect for him. It won't surprise us if he surprises us.

Michael Bennett is playing more than he did last year and has continued what he was doing. He has a sense of where the ball is going. He can penetrate and take a shot at plays, and we trust him. He's been really effective. He causes the problems that help other guys play well around him. The false start last week was a result of jumping the cadence so quickly that it looked like he was offsides even when he wasn't. He is so acutely connected to the cadence that he's ahead of everyone else.

Goal of the regular season is to win the division and hopefully get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. We have a chance to do that like we did last year. That is our mantra. Then we start all over again next week in the playoffs.

Turbin stepping in for Marshawn Lynch in the First Quarter was indicative of all of our guys stepping in every week. We didn't skip a beat.

Fisher does a great job coaching. Rams are one of the most athletic teams we play. They are dangerous in all areas. They're part of this division, and they're tough.

Both Tony Moeaki and Cooper Helfet practiced and made it through the week. They're both banged up and we will see if they can play at game time.

pehawk

Reaction score
Thank you. You and bigskydoc are climbing the ranks in my "Random Thoughts Memorial Seahawks.net Member Power Index Rankings"

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
pehawk":2kja9wuy said:
Thank you. You and bigskydoc are climbing the ranks in my "Random Thoughts Memorial Seahawks.net Member Power Index Rankings"

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm just happy I found this place. :th2thumbs:

nolachawks

Reaction score
The false start last week was a result of jumping the cadence so quickly that it looked like he was offsides even when he wasn't. He is so acutely connected to the cadence that he's ahead of everyone else.

I love Bennett but him being offsides or in the neutral zone had nothing to do with the cadence. He was already past the ball before the cadence started. I will say looking back and I think someone else here posted about it, is that the Cardinals center put the ball almost a yard past where the LOS should have been on both those penalties.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Where's Norwood? Didn't see him last week when Kearse went out. I hope we seem him this week.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yup, thanks Hawknation. Love these recaps. Super cool of you to fill in for the Kid. Great job!

Go Hawks!

Anthony!

Reaction score
marko358":2ywipl78 said:
Chris Matthews may have a chance to play? What happened to Norwood?

Agreed so did Matthews jump Norwood? Norwood as looked very good in his limited time. Has caught everything thrown his way. This is some what perplexing.

BillHawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":lp23al59 said:
Anthony!":lp23al59 said:
marko358":lp23al59 said:

Agreed so did Matthews jump Norwood? Norwood as looked very good in his limited time. Has caught everything thrown his way. This is some what perplexing.

Gotta be something going on behind the scenes, you'd think. Maybe attitude issues? Laziness?

Does Norwood play special teams at this point in his career? I know Chris Matthews was on ST until he got hurt. With Kearse out they need a guy that can play WR and ST. I think he's a Christine Michael type inactive.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":1lfrtosf said:
Where's Norwood? Didn't see him last week when Kearse went out. I hope we seem him this week.
That's because for whatever reason, Norwood was Inactive last week at AZ.

Mick063

Reaction score
nolachawks":20niwfet said:
The false start last week was a result of jumping the cadence so quickly that it looked like he was offsides even when he wasn't. He is so acutely connected to the cadence that he's ahead of everyone else.

I love Bennett but him being offsides or in the neutral zone had nothing to do with the cadence. He was already past the ball before the cadence started. I will say looking back and I think someone else here posted about it, is that the Cardinals center put the ball almost a yard past where the LOS should have been on both those penalties.

Correct, He lined up with his head and hands past the ball, motionless until the ball snapped. He did that twice in a row. Never once did I get the impression that it was beating the cadence.

Hawks46

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1yyn8xgc said:
Anthony!":1yyn8xgc said:
marko358":1yyn8xgc said:

Gotta be something going on behind the scenes, you'd think. Maybe attitude issues? Laziness?

Just goes to show, we don't know anything. I've been wondering about Norwood as well.

netskier

Reaction score
The injury report says that Kearse is out and Mathews is questionable, which leaves Norwood as one of four healthy WRs. I want to see if he has the best hands on the team, which I suspect he does.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Norwood doesn't play special teams and matthews does. That's why he's been inactive.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nolachawks":1rt55kzv said:

You say he's offside, then you say that Tard Center was moving the ball a yard beyond the LOS (which he was). You can't have it both ways.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
netskier":kdtajxeg said:
The injury report says that Kearse is out and Mathews is questionable, which leaves Norwood as one of four healthy WRs. I want to see if he has the best hands on the team, which I suspect he does.

As others have speculated, it's not stretch to assume Norwood is a liability on special teams.

netskier

Reaction score
So is a questionable hamstring, so I guess they will evaluate Matthews on game day morning.