I'm especially looking forward to Sunday....

Maulbert

Reaction score
So I should preface this story with the fact that my father is a Miami Dolphins fan. He was 12 years old when they had their perfect season, so he jumped on the bandwagon, but to his credit, he's never jumped off. Well, he's lived out here in Washington for a large portion of his life, and while he's a Mariner and Husky fan, he has never had anything but contempt for the Hawks. I might add, my family is sort of a mongrel when it comes to liking NFL teams. My stepsiblings all became Packer fans because of their dad, while my stepmom likes the Bills and Jets (she's from New York).

Anyway, considering my dad and stepmom's allegiances, It's no shock that they hate Darth Hoodie. So the Sunday after thanksgiving this year, after the Hawks embarassed the Niners, the family had gotten together to celebrate a late thanksgiving. No shock, as a football family, we had the Packers-Patriots game in the background, and my brother, the only Hawk fan besides me, and I were the only ones rooting for the Patriots because a Packers loss would benefit us.

When I cheered after a good Patriot play, my dad looked at me quizically and said, "We want the Patriots to lose." I told him that I wanted the Packers to lose as a loss along with Seattle winning out, would give us great position in the playoffs. My dad scowled, and his voice dripping with disdain, said "THE SEAHAWKS AREN'T GOING TO WIN OUT." Fast forward four weeks. On Sunday, the whole family is going to my dad's for a late Christmas. I. CAN'T. WAIT. :twisted:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I asked a friend today about his affliliation with MY team. he said it was mostly because of me. Another friend"s wif is a Packfan...and we love to give her "friendly persuasions..." smirk. She knows i am a fan from hell. I left hunt camp for the dousing in Sanwahhadiego. So in that respect....dammit Go HAWKS...again.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I was 11 when the dolphins went undefeated. I too jumped on their bandwagon. Four years later I saw the future and grew up. Went to a Seahawks preseason game in 76 and was hooked for life. I feel sorry for your dad. LOL!

pmedic920

Reaction score
My dad is as big a Raiders fan as I am for the Hawks.
For obvious reasons, things have settled down but back in the day, we had some heated gatherings.

Aww, the good ole days.

I'm a much happier 12 as of late.
GoHawks
:{)