Trickeration,........

Paschtorian

Reaction score
......as first quoted by Langston Hughes,.............and later used by football analysts everywhere,.........

...........the Seahawks better be prepared for more of the same bull***t that happened to their special teams last game (in St.Louis).

The Rams have absolutely NOTHING to lose.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The BS that they got away with last game with us will not work this time around.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bring it on. We know Seattle's Special Teams (and defense) will be prepared and paying full attention this time!

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":egjp4pdz said:
If he gets away with it again, then Brian Schneider should be fired.

True dat. I think also, a lot of regular ST guys were out with injuries that day.

kearly

Reaction score
Only a moron would call a trick play on ST with the entire world expecting it. Fisher won't waste any of his tricks in this game.

Pete though, he will probably call an onside kick or fake punt at some point. We've seen this before. Fisher tricks Carroll in the first meeting, Carroll gets hormonal in the second meeting.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3inbd1p4 said:
Only a moron would call a trick play on ST with the entire world expecting it. Fisher won't waste any of his tricks in this game.

Pete though, he will probably call an onside kick or fake punt at some point. We've seen this before. Fisher tricks Carroll in the first meeting, Carroll gets hormonal in the second meeting.

I can understand how you might think that way, but I don't see Pete pulling that at all. He knows what he's got on either side of the ball, right? and so do we.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
kearly":6ez78qug said:

This man is most thoroughly correct.

Goddamnit, I miss your post-game summaries! I wish I would have commented more often (or at all). Kearly tends to be on point with his opinions and analysis. Well done sir. :thirishdrinkers:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Perhaps Fisher won't try any trickeration on ST's, but you can bet that he'll have every gadget and trick play in his arsenal on the table in this one. He has absolutely nothing to lose, so expect him to go for it on 4th down in his own territory, tackle eligible plays, unbalanced lines, reverses, flea flickers, you name it. Expect the unexpected. We can't afford to get complacent.

This is a classic trap game. If it wasn't for the fact that it's the last regular season game, if we were playing in their house, and if not for the fact that there is so much on the line, I'd be very concerned. But I think we'll be ready. I think we beat this team by at least three touchdowns.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The best trickeration we can play on them is to simply beat the crap out of them.... 42-3.

trharder

Reaction score
Paschtorian":16ggrqpt said:
......as first quoted by Langston Hughes,.............and later used by football analysts everywhere,.........
.the Seahawks better be prepared for more of the same bull***t that happened to their special teams last game (in St.Louis). The Rams have absolutely NOTHING to lose.
I can't remember the Seahawks ever stopping a Rams special teams trick, so on one hand I would agree that the Rams have nothing to lose. But, I also believe in history, and last year the Rams didn't try any of that stuff in our house. I'm more concerned about dirty cheap shots possibly seriously hurting one of our starters. I was at the Rams home game last year and the Rams totally lost their minds in frustration.

sutz

Reaction score
I think the schedule helps us on this. Because we won't know the outcome of the Niners/Cards game until our game is basically over, we'll need to play this one straight up. As far as anybody knows, this game matters, and could matter quite a bit.

Latest posts