Number 1 Defense AGAIN - impressive

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Number 1 in points allowed and Yards given up for two straight years for both and 3 straight years for points allowed. This is really impressive.

Onto the Postseason! Detroit, Arizona or Carolina are coming to the clink! Like those match ups ALOT. Feeling a NFC Championship game of Dallas vs Seattle would be amazing!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Seahawks have now been No. 1 in scoring defense for three consecutive years. Have anyone done that before?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
To answer my own question, only two other teams in league history have led the NFL in scoring defense in three straight seasons. Cleveland did it for five straight seasons from 1953-57, and Minnesota was the best scoring defense in the league between 1969-71.

So the Seahawks have accomplished a feat that has not occurred in 43 years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This settles the argument of fancy offense with little defense..-Defense wins Championships!!!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Then consider that this is a whole different age in football where offenses have really been opened up. Back in the days of the Purple People Eaters, defenses could do all kinds of mean things to offensive receivers and the QB wasn't allowed to throw the ball away.

smerfy01

Reaction score
so can we start talking about putting the LOB up there with the Steeler's curtain and the 84 bears yet?

This is 3 seasons of utter dominance from a defensive perspective, with a super bowl win and 2 division crowns to show for it.

kearly

Reaction score
I never really thought that XLVIII put Seattle in the 85' Bears discussion by itself, but this does. This type of continued defensive dominance has never been seen in the salary cap era before. Never.

OP
OP
S

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
I think another Superbowl and the story line is written and the week before the superbowl it will get ALOT of talk. Beat Rodgers and Brady and the legend of Seahawks D is real...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
the D kept seattle in the game in the first half. without them, seattle was cooked like turkey

pmedic920

Reaction score
kearly":34esj2uc said:
I never really thought that XLVIII put Seattle in the 85' Bears discussion by itself, but this does. This type of continued defensive dominance has never been seen in the salary cap era before. Never.

Salary cap era, is the key.
What are guys have done is nothing short of amazing.

TXHawk

Reaction score
This defense right now is better than last year's defense and I don't think its a close call.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
They just said on NFLN that over the past 6 games we've held opponents to 39 points combined. This hasn't been done in a decade, that's frickin' sweet!