Which Team Proposes The Biggest Challenge To Our RePETE?

Which Team Proposes The Biggest Challenge To Our RePETE?

• Cardinals

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Panthers

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Lions

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 65 67.0%
  • Packers

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's get down to brass tacks...Forget everyone else left in the dance, to me it's the Packers and Cowboys, period. We have an imminent date with one of those two in the NFCCG if I am a betting man.

What say you?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Lets see, Detroit travels to Dallas and Seattle is to play the winner of Arizona at Carolina. What youre saying sounds about right. I think Green Bay will be in town for the NFCCG.

Our O line scares me. Im trying to be a homer guys and I keep telling myself that its unfair to judge our line because of
the defensive talent which is in our division so if I may could I pose an "inter-thread question"?

What in your opinion is our biggest concern going into the playoffs? Is it a particular team or player? Is it anyone on our team?

kmedic

Reaction score
I heard Jason La Canfora say Detroit with its solid defense and potentially explosive offense would be the biggest challenge for the Hawks during the playoffs which I think is interesting. It sure would make for some serious drama if Golden Tate's first return to the CLink was in a playoff game! In any case, I personally think it is Dallas, just because they are the one team that likes to eat up clock and run the ball, which if they're effective, would limit our offensive possessions. The question is can they come in here again and beat us in our house with all the marbles on the line? The way our defense is playing now (and much healthier than the regular season game) I'm not sure they could be as effective on offense. I also think our offense is better now than it was when they played earlier and I think their defense hasn't changed much. However, I still think they pose the biggest threat to us of all the teams. It's just one of those tough matchups.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe our defense is the neutralizer right now. Yeah, any offense in the playoffs we face will slip a TD or two through but will that be enough at home? I doubt it. I do think the Cowboys are on a roll and should not be taken lightly. Of course you could make an argument for any of the potential teams, but the Cowboys - like the Seahawks - seem to have that IT factor going on at the moment.

Regardless, whomever it is, the NFCCG will be NUTS.

gmo

Reaction score
Patriots, with a healthy Gronk.

But that wasn't an option, so i'll go with Cowboys because of that run game and beastly O-Line. The good news is if we play them they will have had to go through DET, at Lambeau before facing us so I still like the Seahawks chances as they will be pretty beat up and worn out by that point.

gargantual

Reaction score
Isn't Demarco Murray still playing in a cast? The same guy known for being a chronic fumbler? That sounds like something our D can feast on.

Plus we've got all the pieces back we were lacking during that loss.

(Yeah, Dullus concerns me the most...... can ya tell?)

I think we're going to the Superb Owl again!

Heyseed

Reaction score
1. Packers (If Rodgers is healthy)

2. Cowboys

3. Lions

4. Panthers

5. Cardinals

gargantual

Reaction score
Belichick scares me as well. His tactical wizardry can really pull their fat out of the fire when they need it. I think we surprised them a bit in '12 at the Clink. Even though they like to run an uptempo offense, that matchup will be a different game compared to XLVIII.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think one of the hardest things to do is beat a team 3 times in the same season. Cardinals are the biggest sleepers to upset the Seahawks.

Carolina is interesting with their running game and defense coming on. That can travel and it isn't like the Seahawks have blown out the Panters the past few seasons.

Conventional Wisdom says Packers or Cowboys. Packers and Dallas have legit offenses. Dallas defense keeps getting it done but I am not quite sure how.

Hell, even the Lions have the ingredients to put up a good fight.

Strong field in the NFC. Fear none but even the couple that many would see as shoe-ins have characteristics that concern me.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Compared to last year, does anyone scare you as much as the 9ers did going into the NFCCG?

Dallas is the closest for me, as they have a fairly balanced team. If our offense struggles against them, they have the offensive weapons to make life hard on even the best Defense, like ours.

Seafan

Reaction score
Our next game. It's going to be the Panthers. Their defense has given up 11 points a game the last four weeks. They gave us some trouble before but they are really hot and they should beat up Arizona. I know the Hawks will not over look the Panthers but I don't think our fans understand that this first game is not a gimme. I believe the Hawks will beat them but injuries are a concern. The Panthers will be a great tuneup for the NFCC.

davidonmi

Reaction score
^ Carolina has a losing record for a reason. And the LOB owns Cam, maybe even more than they do Kap.

It's Dallas, they have all the pieces necessary to beat us. Great running game, pass catching TE, good QB.
Detroit has the physical defense that has given us fits so I'd say they're probably the 2nd biggest test for us.
Best case is Dallas beats Set, and GB takes care of Dallas, there isn't much to suggest GB's can now stop Seattle's ground attack after getting gashed in week 1

Seafan

Reaction score
davidonmi":2ql0zduw said:
^ Carolina has a losing record for a reason. And the LOB owns Cam, maybe even more than they do Kap.

It's Dallas, they have all the pieces necessary to beat us. Great running game, pass catching TE, good QB.
Detroit has the physical defense that has given us fits so I'd say they're probably the 2nd biggest test for us.
Best case is Dallas beats Set, and GB takes care of Dallas, there isn't much to suggest GB's can now stop Seattle's ground attack after getting gashed in week 1

Do the Cardinals have a winning record for a reason. Why don't you drop some money on those Cards this week?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Seafan":17voe2c9 said:
davidonmi":17voe2c9 said:

Do the Cardinals have a winning record for a reason. Why don't you drop some money on those Cards this week?
If Stanton were playing perhaps. Point is Carolina is not scary, they are not that good of a football team as evidenced by their sub 500 record.
Yes they are hot but at some point they will cool off.
And this hot streak they are on has been against exclusively sub 500 teams

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
drdiags":2axdcvbl said:
I think one of the hardest things to do is beat a team 3 times in the same season. Cardinals are the biggest sleepers to upset the Seahawks.

God dammit, I was just thinking to myself last night that if we draw Arizona in the divisional round, I was going to pre-harass every member of sports media on Twitter into not saying this very thing.

Of course we beat Arizona if they come back in here.