Lynch deserves 1st team All Pro honors!

kf3339

Reaction score
After looking at the final RB stats I believe there is a strong case for Lynch being named first team All Pro along with Murray from Dallas. My reasoning is simple.

When you look at who other than Murray is in the discussion the only other possible choices are Bell from the Steelers and McCoy from the Eagles. They all have about the same yardage running the ball with a difference of only about 50 total yards over 16 games. So that stat is basically a wash. Then if you look at receiving yards you would give the strong edge to Bell over Lynch since he had about 500 more yards. Here is where McCoy falls off with much less receiving yards than the other two.

That leaves only Lynch and Bell for the 2nd first team All Pro honor. So what other stat might be of importance to those making the decision? TD's! That is where hands down Lynch seals the deal to me. He ended up leading the league in total TD's, and Bell with 17 to 11. That is a major stat since it is the most important one that helps to decide the outcome of a game.

So it comes down to whether the decision makers choose total TD's over more receiving yards. I think Lynch gets his second "1st team All Pro" honor for his career!

Thoughts?

Seafan

Reaction score
He deserves it and I'm never one to argue for player accolades. I usually don't care if our guys make Pro Bowl or all pro or MVP. If it helps the Hawks get a player for less money I'm for that.

Marshawn Lynch has been our team MVP since he arrived. He is the toughest runner in the league and has never had a decent OL to help him. No one on the team takes as many hard hits as Beast. Murray is a good RB with a great OL. I'd rather have Beast. No other runners in the league need to enter the discussion. If Marshawn retired in February the only runner in the league I'd want the Hawks to pursue would be Adrian Peterson.

Marshawn is the only Beast in the league. He deserves every penny and every award.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seafan":1evr8wmr said:
Marshawn Lynch has been our team MVP since he arrived.

If a team has at least an above-average QB, the team MVP is always, always the QB.

But of course Marshawn has been great.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell will be the other first team All-Pro. He grabbed 83 receptions and more than 2000 yards from scrimmage.

OP
OP
K

kf3339

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1cgwof3a said:
Le'Veon Bell will be the other first team All-Pro. He grabbed 83 receptions and more than 2000 yards from scrimmage.

With our offensive line and playing in the NFC West Bell would have been really lucky to have gotten half that many total yards. In addition he did little with those yards, as he had less receiving TD's than Lynch.

You may be right about him getting the other 1st team nod, but I bet 99% of the coaches, GM's and owners in the nfl would take Lynch over him in a second.