Illegal formations on the Rams in yesterday's game...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
don't have gifts, but it is something to watch for in the playoffs. Countless times yesterday the Rams tackles were lined up way behind the Center. The rule, as I understand it is the Guard's should can be no farther than the hip of the Center and likewise the Tackles shoulder at the hip of the Guard.

Yesterday, the Rams guards barely had their helmets on the hips of the Center and this was followed by the Tackles being an equal distance back from the Guards. Of course, this give the Tackles a huge advantage in cutting off the angle of the DE's.

Just found it curious is all. Along with the abundance of holding penalties being overlooked I would hate to see another advantage given to offenses in an attempt to counteract our tenacious defensive line.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Announcers made a point of that in yesterdays game and wondered why the Hawks never complained about it.

sutz

Reaction score
I definitely saw that. Maybe because they were largely in a two point stance, they got away with it. But it sure looked like Illegal formations to me.