If the Hawks were to lose the NFCCG, who...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Would you prefer it be to? I know, stupid question... But honestly, who would you cheer for to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl?

For me, since I'm always disappointing myself by cheering for underdogs, I'd like to see a team that hasn't won a ring get it's chance. The Lions would be my pick, and yes, they'd probably disappoint me in the big one.

kjreid

Reaction score
I can't even fathom the Hawks losing int he NFCCG, nor will I entertain the thought

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'd stab myself in the balls with a rusty fork before I'd root for the dirtiest team in football, the Detroit Lions. Screw those guys. Their fans are awful too. And to hell with this notion that it's somehow a desirable thing for a team that has never won to hopefully finally win one. There are two types of people in this world: those who have guns and those who dig. Detroit digs.

If we don't win the NFC, I'd sooner back Dallas than the others just because I always do want Tony Romo to triumph over the stupid masses who have turned him into some sort of failure meme when he's obviously an upper-echelon QB; people utilize maximum selection bias in order to continue to reinforce to themselves that he's not great, and it's irritating.

drcool

Reaction score
My choice would be based strictly on the culinary options available for the Super Bowl:

Dallas: Brisket or steak? Some sort of beef at least.
Green Bay: Fried cheese curds and brats
Detroit: Rust and despair?
Arizona: Cactus and sand
Carolina: chopped pork BBQ

Based on that criteria I would choose Carolina or Green Bay most likely. But I know I will be enjoying some nice fish and chips on the first Sunday in February in honor of the Seahawks.

Meeker

Reaction score
Three reasons the Lions can f off.

Ndamukong Suh
Dominic Raiola
Golden Tate

The first two don't really need anything said about them. The last one...I was all for cheering for Tate when he left and did most the season, but he just can't keep from talking crap about his old team. Stfu already Tate, hope you enjoy losing in Detroit with your supposed better QB.

mikehawks

Reaction score
"Playoffs, what? you want to talk playoffs? I just hope we can win a game."

I hope the Seahawks make it to the Superbowl, but New England looks tough. Also, I think the Packers need to finish off the Cowboys, so Packers play at Seattle.

Go Hawks!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would vote for a meteor strike in Glendale. But if I had to make a choice it would be Carolina then Cincinniati. Otherwise I would be bored and probably doing something else rather then watching the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I guess Detroit because they've been such a sad sack organization for so long.

But what good would that do? What chance would Detroit have against the Patriots?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Don't like picking against the Hawks,,,but my second pick would be Detroit...Hate all the other teams left in the mix. In the AFC its the same f'n teams every year it seems but would have to go Bengals...which is 100% not going to happen!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Root for the conference but against the division and beyond that it is all the same; if you can't find reasons to dislike every other NFL franchise then you aren't trying very hard.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":2n0lofx4 said:
Root for the conference but against the division and beyond that it is all the same; if you can't find reasons to dislike every other NFL franchise then you aren't trying very hard.

My problem is that I like good football, and our opponents during games need to lose; I want us to win everything. But if we don't, then the divisional rivalries begin to fade for me (except the 9ers, whom I will always enjoy seeing be mediocre at best). In that regard, i wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals win out. If we can't, then let's keep the narrative of at least playing in the toughest division so that when we do earn another championship, it's all the sweeter for the more difficult path getting there.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
We lock up the #1 seed and this is the topic you create??

Its going to be a lounge two weeks

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":14ko3mxl said:
i wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals win out.

If the Cardinals made the Super Bowl and played the Steelers again, I would cheer my lungs out for the Steelers and their despicable rapist of a QB.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ko7mh5pp said:
Don't like picking against the Hawks,,,but my second pick would be Detroit...Hate all the other teams left in the mix. In the AFC its the same f'n teams every year it seems but would have to go Bengals...which is 100% not going to happen!

I have a feeling its going to be Denver/NE or NE/INDY for the AFCCG....

AFC has basically been Patriots, Steelers and then whatever team Manning is on (Broncos/Colts)

Other than that its been the Ravens...and...isnt that the only other team that has made it since the Raiders.

When Brady and Manning retire the AFC is going to be chaos. Although i have a feeling Ben and Luck will just take their place.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I think that Indy is pretty damn fraudulent, and while I give them a decent chance of fading the Bengals at home, I think they get absolutely crushed in the divisional round. I don't see them in the AFCCG.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rhumv63 said:
I guess Detroit because they've been such a sad sack organization for so long.

But what good would that do? What chance would Detroit have against the Patriots?

The city of Detroit is "thrashed". The NFL team that represents that city is "trash". Enough said. :stirthepot:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Carolina. That would be too much fun given all the ire directed at the NFC South this year.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I can't choose anyone from the NFC. I know that's not what op asked... but i'll be rooting for Andrew Luck!

kearly

Reaction score
IF the Seahawks were to lose...

I think Romo is having an awesome year in what is probably the twilight of his career. He seems like a decent dude and has only this season been given his due in the media.

Barring a monumental upset in the divisional round by the 4 or 5 seed, Romo would have to go through Seattle to get there. If he can beat Seattle in Seattle twice, it's really hard not to respect that. I would hate to think that Seattle lost twice at home to the team that lost in the SB.

Jerry is an impulsive jackass, but his front office personnel are under-rated.