How worried are you about the inconsistent offense?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Let's be honest, our offense has really been very inconsistent at times. A week ago, we put up 600 yards on one of the best defenses in the league.

Then in the first half yesterday, we just looked like a completely incompetent and clueless team, from Bevell play calls, to our O-Line, getting destroyed one second into the snap, to Russell throwing picks and fumbling, to ML fumbling the ball deep in our own half.
I know, if was just one half of football. In previous weeks we had been more methodical and efficient.
Our O-Line really worries me, because that's where things start.
I hope they use this week to really get things together ...

kjreid

Reaction score
I am not sure if our offense was that bad yesterday or the two turnovers really made us look inept in the 1st half, we did have 200 yds of offense (or close too) and we moved the ball (zero three and outs). I like how hard Turbin ran in the 1st quarter and our quick hits along with ML. the issues were drops and Turnovers in the 1st half.

sutz

Reaction score
Not too worried. We were playing some of the best defenses in the league in Dec, and teams that play us twice a year and know us well.

I think we'll be fine.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Not too worried either. Seahawks moved the ball but killed themselves with some bad turnovers and penalties

In the NFC West the Seahawks played 3 of the toughest defenses in the entire league. the only other elite defense left in the NFC is Detroit and perhaps Carolina.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawks always suck against the Rams but most of the time find a way to wake up in the latter part of the game. If Rams ever find a QB we would be in trouble. I think with the teams remaining the offence will be fine. Hawks should be able to beat any one of the teams left....even the Boys who have already been crowned. If Hawks are healthy through the playoffs they should be flying to Arizona for the big one. The o line will not be fixed but the team won all year with them so no reason why Hawks can't win the big one...

AVL

Reaction score
"Let's be honest, our offense has really been very inconsistent at times."

As has the defense and special teams, at times.

I feel like we are very competitive across the board with our consistency, inconsistent as it may be at times.

As long as the last game we play is perfectly executed, I'm good.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
We aren't going to face another defense the caliber of St. Louis' in the playoffs outside of maybe Detroit.

It's really easy to lose sight of the fact that this division sports the best defense throughout the division of any in football. Running this gauntlet throughout the year really prepares it's postseason participants well.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Last year's offense was horrible down the stretch, but they found ways to win when it mattered.

Every game is a championship game, but some games are more 'championship' worthy than others.

I also think the emergence of Richardson as a bona-fide #2, especially as he won't see any team which has already seen him in his current role - except for the Cardinals, as well as Turbo's big leap forward so far will help smooth out the inconsistency.

That and Marshawn is rested up for the playoffs. Expect a big dose of Beast Mode.

Treghc

Reaction score
Hakws generally play poorly against the Rams, but the offensive output did not match what was shown as th score. We were driving multiple times, but penalties and turnovers kept us from scoring at all. If we play with more sound technique, the score would've reflected our efforts in the first half. Not to mention the Rams are a first half team and we're a second half team.

I'm not worried at all.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend that I'm okay with it. To say I have no worries is a bit ludicrous. We could potentially get into a situation where we fall behind early due to scoring via punt returns, pick sixes, blocked kicks, or a quarter of unlucky bounces. In that scenario we need our Offense to put us back in the game. Its hard seeing this Offense put up two successive scoring drives to put us back in a game. So yeah its definitely an issue.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
So many similarities between the end of this year and last year, other than our record.

I remember last year at the end of the season we played some really good defenses and the offense looked "meh" and people said it wasn't good enough to win it. This year at the end of the season, we played some really good defenses and our offense looked OK (scoring wise, we have been able to move the ball well). Playing really good defenses week in and week out will do that to you.

I am in no way worried about our offense because I believe the defenses we will see in the playoffs will not be as good as the defenses we have been playing the past month or so plus (other than seeing Arizona again).

Just look at the defensive lines we could be playing in the playoffs, other than Detroits (which Im doubting we see) and Arizona (who we've gone 2-0 against this year) none really worry me.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
this Rams team held Denver to 7 points, and shut out two teams in a row, even if they weren't good teams - to not even give up 3 points in two consecutive games?

The Rams have always been a model of inconsistency, able to play at a super high lvl on defense when they have a good game plan, and then lay and egg the next week when they don't. just shows you that the talent is good but the coaching and preparation isn't always great.

Last year everyone had the same concerns about the offense. Lets get unger and kearse back healthy with two weeks to prepare.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
If the Hawks play the Cowboys at all in the playoffs we have to be very careful with there offense they seem to be a offensive machine right know.

byau

Reaction score
I am a huge worrier, and I am not too worried which worries me

The NFC West defenses are some of the best in the league. And the Hawks did well against these teams. Not necessarily always fantastic, but good to great.

Russell is somewhere in between the Rams game and the Cardinals game, if you want to look at the last two games, Russell played out of his mind last week which could be considered an outlier. And then he played one of his lesser games yesterday, also considered an outlier.

Russell has a lot of great advantages in between the ears and I would error on the side of the Cardinals game since which will propel him to the better side of his average.

Second thing is I am glad this happened. It's possible the Seahawks offense maybe got a bit hungover from the legendary performance against the Cardinals and didn't prepare enough for the Rams (?)

You can be sure with the playoffs, the Seahawks will prepare

If you look at the playoff teams, I don't see any teams having the defense that the 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals have.

*MAYBE* the Lions. And the Cowboys defense had a huge game against the Seahawks, but I would consider that an outlier too.

If I am going to be worried, it's going to be seeing this D now play against some very good offenses coming up (Cowboys, Packers)

Otherwise, this Hawks team is built to be the team to beat right now.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Any word on when those two guys will return? Unger especially.....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This exact offense just broke the franchise record for total offense in a single game. That's more yards than any Mike Holmgren team ever put up in any single game.

As of last week, we were the #4 rated offense in DVOA. That's ahead of New England (#5). That's ahead of Dallas (#6).

We finished the season #9 in total yardage. Again, that is ahead of the Patriots (#11).

On a per-drive basis, we were #9 in yards-per-drive (34.25). Just behind Indy (34.26) and, once again, ahead of NE (34.03). We are the best team in the NFL in turnovers/drive and INT/drive. We are #3 in T.O.P. per drive. We are #8 in points per drive.

Every single metric that matters has this team as a top 10 offense. Show me one that doesn't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the NFL, every team's offense is inconsistent. Even the so called "elite" offenses this year like GB, NE, Denver, Indy, Philly, etc. have laid some stinkers on offense.

That's why defense wins championships. It's like good pitching vs. good hitting...............good pitching wins every time. Same in football, defense wins, and brother, we got one of the all time great defenses.

So am I worried? No, not with Russell who can create when nothing's there and make the right decisions to not give the other team gifts that lead to losses.