keeping Quinn

blkhwk

Reaction score
Here is a list of talked about coaching candidates. So far only five jobs but there is always the possibility of others coming open.

Coordinators: Bowles, Quinn, Gase, McDaniels, Bevell, Cable,
RE-treads: Rex, Shanahan, Smith, Hue Jackson, Del Rio, Sparano, others I am sure
College guys: Mora, others?

Some of the guys listed above are linked to jobs already........

Atlanta: McDaniels
Chicago: Shanahan
SF: may stay in house

Leaves only a couple of jobs open if that plays out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
People keep saying SF is going to stay in house, but why? Why continue that cycle of in-house dysfunction with a coordinator that still has ties to Harbaugh?

IMO SF is going to implode most of that coaching staff, which means I think they'll go hard after Bowles or Quinn. Two young in conference D-Coordinators that know their teams inside and out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gpobrag said:
People keep saying SF is going to stay in house, but why? Why continue that cycle of in-house dysfunction with a coordinator that still has ties to Harbaugh?

IMO SF is going to implode most of that coaching staff, which means I think they'll go hard after Bowles or Quinn. Two young in conference D-Coordinators that know their teams inside and out.
You ask why would San Francisco stay in house? One reason Baalke and his need for a "yes" man. Bowles or Quinn should think hard about accepting such an offer especially Quinn given he knew Idzik and that is the kind of situation they would be stepping into, one that is messed up top down and won't give anybody the freedom or tools to actually do the job correctly.

Rex to ATL makes too much sense.
This my thought also, Atlanta has the quarterback and can easily get a good running back and go heavy defense in the draft. With a team like that Rex could easily make Atlanta a 12 win team next year and going forward.

OP
OP
B

blkhwk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28emhe03 said:

I think you are right about blowing it up in SF. They may go after one of the "QB whisperers" to try and fix Kaep.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Old, but...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/546323385878196225[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":23uxbbdj said:
Sgt. Largent":23uxbbdj said:

You ask why would San Francisco stay in house? One reason Baalke and his need for a "yes" man. Bowles or Quinn should think hard about accepting such an offer especially Quinn given he knew Idzik and that is the kind of situation they would be stepping into, one that is messed up top down and won't give anybody the freedom or tools to actually do the job correctly..

Maybe, but I think Baalke is a good GM and that the fly in the dysfunction ointment was Harbaugh, not Baalke. So getting a yes man isn't necessarily priority #1 for York and Baalke.

Not an easy hire either way. SF is a veteran team, and veteran team's don't normally respond very well to young first time head coaches. So even though guys like Quinn and Bowles are the hot commodity, not sure they'd fare well in that locker room trying to lead a veteran team through adversity.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well the key to keeping Quinn,,, or Bowles for AZ is to keep winning. Most teams aren't going to last to the NFCCG let alone the superbowl to make their hire...