Start with Turbo's burst; finish them with Lynch?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the circumstances are surrounding Robert Turbin's increase in early carries, but I'm actually liking this new wrinkle in Seattle's offense. Turbin's burst at the line has gotten us tough yards against fresh defenses. Marshawn's ability to wreak havoc at the second level has been huge once defenses are worn out. More importantly, we've found a way to get both these guys going with consecutive carries.

No, Turbin is not the same player as Lynch, but I think he's starting to create his own identity. His decisiveness and initial burst is what sets himself apart. Marshawn is obviously unique in his own right. He's the best in the game at cutbacks and breaking tackles at the second level. This 1-2 punch has worked the last couple of games. I wonder if it's the plan going forward, or if it was just a means to get Marshawn rested before the playoffs. Or maybe he just needs a Pepto.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":pp88y321 said:
I'm not sure what the circumstances are surrounding Robert Turbin's increase in early carries, but I'm actually liking this new wrinkle in Seattle's offense. Turbin's burst at the line has gotten us tough yards against fresh defenses. Marshawn's ability to wreak havoc at the second level has been huge once defenses are worn out. More importantly, we've found a way to get both these guys going with consecutive carries.

No, Turbin is not the same player as Lynch, but I think he's starting to create his own identity. His decisiveness and initial burst is what sets himself apart. Marshawn is obviously unique in his own right. He's the best in the game at cutbacks and breaking tackles at the second level. This 1-2 punch has worked the last couple of games. I wonder if it's the plan going forward, or if it was just a means to get Marshawn rested before the playoffs. Or maybe he just needs a Pepto.

I agree the last few games, I love the burst Turbin is showing, being able to turn corner on some plays and explode through the hole getting 5-7 yards. I think it's a nice complement to Lynch.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I think its more of just trying to give Lynch some rest knowing we will be leaning on him big time over the next few week(s) :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I also like Turbin in the 1st quarter.

The strongest part of Turbin's game is how fast he hits the hole, which is advantageous in the 1st quarter when the other team's D is fresh and covering gaps well. Then as the game goes on and the defense is wearing down..........Beast Mode.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
It reminds me a lot of bullfighting. First they send in the picador and banderillas to tire and bloody the bull while it's fresh and full of energy, then the matador comes in and finishes it off. All the glory goes to the matador, but it's really a carefully choreographed series of events with each team member having an integral part.