Falcons, Jets, and 49ers all interested in Quinn

misfit

Reaction score
Ian Rappaport just reported this on NFL network

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Maulbert":dw4kc7d2 said:
Good for Quinn. I don't want to lose him, but he deserves it more than Bradley did.

Well that was a drive-by. Gus did a great job of building our defense up to a really high level; he was very deserving of the opportunity he's gotten in Jacksonville.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
They all have to begin on the "bottom floor"! The problem is......owners don't want to wait several years. Good coaches reveal themselves within two years.....IMO. However, our previous coach showed his true colors in one year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2vrnne8x said:
Maulbert":2vrnne8x said:
Good for Quinn. I don't want to lose him, but he deserves it more than Bradley did.

Well that was a drive-by. Gus did a great job of building our defense up to a really high level; he was very deserving of the opportunity he's gotten in Jacksonville.

I'm not saying Bradley didn't deserve it, I'm just saying I've been more impressed with Quinn's handling of the personnel. Moving Red Bryant to DE from DT was Quinn's idea during his first stint, as was moving Bruce Irvin from DE to LB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The rumor I was hearing for a while was Quinn to the 49ers.

Good to hear he has some other choices too. I don't know what would possess a coach to take the 49ers job considering just how shabbily they treated the phenomenal coach they had there, especially considering what they gave him to work with.

Rumors I kept hearing were that the whole schism was brought down by Harbaugh not wanting to do the glad handling crap that was part of the stadium campaign. It had nothing to do with the product on the field, just a p*ssing contest started by that younger York.

Wouldn't want to see Quinn go to the 49ers, not because of the job he would do - but because he would have to put up with that piece of crap FO and ownership. No good coach deserves that.

Wouldn't mind him ending up in the AFC but man, getting stuck with the Jets....that is like winning the Brown's coaching job or getting hired as the manager of the Cubs or Mariners.

Atlanta looks fantastic in contrast. Though I think we all are hoping we can somehow keep him one more year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26xopwdx said:
The rumor I was hearing for a while was Quinn to the 49ers.

Good to hear he has some other choices too. I don't know what would possess a coach to take the 49ers job considering just how shabbily they treated the phenomenal coach they had there, especially considering what they gave him to work with.

Rumors I kept hearing were that the whole schism was brought down by Harbaugh not wanting to do the glad handling crap that was part of the stadium campaign. It had nothing to do with the product on the field, just a p*ssing contest started by that younger York.

Wouldn't want to see Quinn go to the 49ers, not because of the job he would do - but because he would have to put up with that piece of crap FO and ownership. No good coach deserves that.

Wouldn't mind him ending up in the AFC but man, getting stuck with the Jets....that is like winning the Brown's coaching job or getting hired as the manager of the Cubs or Mariners.

Atlanta looks fantastic in contrast. Though I think we all are hoping we can somehow keep him one more year.

I really can't see them hiring Quinn...but then again I didn't think Harbaugh would go to Michigan either.

It's not that I don't have any respect for Quinn, I do, but if they were going to hire a DC to become Head Coach I think they'd just promote Fangio.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agree with goth girl...the 49ers aren't really interested in Quinn. They're just tweaking their rival(s) nipples a bit. The 49ers will bring an offensive guy to try and salvage Kap.

el capitan

Reaction score
So basically his options are keep coaching one of the greatest defenses of all time with the chance to win multiple Superbowls or coach the Falcons or Jets........

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":3cp157zm said:
Agree with goth girl...the 49ers aren't really interested in Quinn. They're just tweaking their rival(s) nipples a bit. The 49ers will bring an offensive guy to try and salvage Kap.

...and interviewing Bowles too...another NFC West opponent. That's probably more about Rooney Rule though.

SDHawk

Reaction score
If we lose Quinn, I hope we elevate Rocky Seto to DC. Out of all the position coaches, he's done the best job developing players. Seto was also DC for Carroll at USC.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
el capitan":35ipawp6 said:
So basically his options are keep coaching one of the greatest defenses of all time with the chance to win multiple Superbowls or coach the Falcons or Jets........

A guy can't be overly picky about his first head coaching job. Pretty rare that you get to fill a really attractive opening with your first gig.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
el capitan":ohvm05jt said:

Wouldn't you want a chance to be a head coach and make twice as much money?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
el capitan":1qfx4kts said:

Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, and Mike Smith were all defensive assistants for the 2000 Ravens. Those guys have since made a lot of money as HCs in this league while that Ravens team is no longer together. You take your opportunities when you get them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would think it would be more like seeing what kind of potential you can do with some raw people and make them into a team. If you can do it as a coach, more power to you. The dollars will fall as they may.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Do you guys think there is a possibility Quinn WON'T leave?

I have absolutely NO idea how much coaches / coordinators make (well, except HC). Enough to make them maybe stay and NOT take a HC job somewhere?

How 'bouts the 49ers take Bevell instead? lol

el capitan

Reaction score
DavidSeven":q4octn2x said:
el capitan":q4octn2x said:

Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, and Mike Smith were all defensive assistants for the 2000 Ravens. Those guys have since made a lot of money as HCs in this league while that Ravens team is no longer together. You take your opportunities when you get them.

I appreciate that these opportunities don't come along that often but how rare is it that you get the opportunity to coach a unit that may go down as one of, if not the best to ever play the game. In my eyes this defense has already surpassed the 2000 Ravens just by winning the Super Bowl AND leading the league in yards & points allowed two years running. With three more wins it will be official.
HC jobs will always be there as long as this defense is playing at an elite level and challenging for championships, the opportunity he has with us right now is of the once in a generation kind.

Largent80

Reaction score
Quinn has the best gig in the NFL. It would be like leaving Led Zeppelin to join the Monkees.