Kevin Williams and the first round bye

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This bye week is great for the whole team obviously, but here's a guy who is a real key now and could really benefit. He's been given more responsibility since Mebane went out, and he has responded and done the job. You have to wonder if the extra work will wear him down at his age. Having this break should be great in keeping him fresh and ready to go for the playoff run.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's great for a lot of players, but in all honesty KW hasn't been playing a huge amount of snaps. He's used to being an every down player for his whole career and he isn't getting close to that even at his heaviest usage as a Hawk this year. Hill has taken a LOT of snaps and not just in the nickel.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2zn3day8 said:
It's great for a lot of players, but in all honesty KW hasn't been playing a huge amount of snaps. He's used to being an every down player for his whole career and he isn't getting close to that even at his heaviest usage as a Hawk this year. Hill has taken a LOT of snaps and not just in the nickel.

Hill is the one I'm most concerned with right now. His contributions have been a more than a pleasant surprise and are NEEDED. Hopefully his knee recovers in two weeks, but that might be wishful thinking.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to look in Max Unger's direction for the maximum benefit of this bye. Maybe he'd have made it back for a wildcard game, but you have to feel pretty confident that he makes it back with the extra week.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Here is when I wish we hadn't IR'd Miller. He was "close" to being back a long time ago, so how could he not be ready by then? That would have been huge. we've been winning without him, but just imagine if we had solidarity at the TE position!!!