Norwood - Potential T.O.?

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I may be out of my mind, but the first thought I had following Norwood's 31 yard catch (12:48 in 4th quarter) was how much his body type and playing style reminds me of T.O. Long arms, great catch radius, physical, decent off the line, huge potential for growth.

Am I crazy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is off the NFL combine page for Norwood's weaknesses.

WEAKNESSES Has short arms. Does not pop out of his breaks or create separation with burst and acceleration. Struggles some defeating the jam. Can show more urgency as a blocker in the run game. Breaks few tackles after the catch.

Obviously scouting is just that, guessing. But TO had superior separation skills and arms.

I think TO comparisons are a stretch, I'd settle for just another big body Sydney Rice type.......someone you can depend on in the red zone.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
think crowning Norwood a T.O type player is kinda premature....right now I see a Ben Obomanu...kid will need a lot more playing time to see how he develops.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":20i9m84d said:
I see him as more of a Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss/Jerry Rice hybrid, except better. Championship!
Better than those guys? Better than Rice, the best receiver in history? HOLY ******* ****, the ***!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":rfbxxg6b said:
I see him as more of a Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss/Jerry Rice hybrid, except better. Championship!

Really.....then the obvious question is why isn't Norwood playing more? Put him in coach....

Basis4day

Reaction score
If you want to comp his potential with a high profile WR i think he's much closer to the Anquan Boldin mold than T.O.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I didn't know Norwood was becoming a locker room cancer. This is very unfortunate to hear. I was hoping he would become a good player for us without drama.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3tmp3mz1 said:
OK. It's official: I'm crazy.

Thanks y'all.

NO no no no....you just need a T.O.
Corner is over there >>>>>>>>>
:sarcasm_off:
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
nbk35zw":270wphwb said:
I may be out of my mind, but the first thought I had following Norwood's 31 yard catch (12:48 in 4th quarter) was how much his body type and playing style reminds me of T.O. Long arms, great catch radius, physical, decent off the line, huge potential for growth.

Am I crazy?

I dunno about his playing style. But when he yelled in celebration of the play I instantly thought he looked like T.O.

OP
OP
N

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Hawkaholic":1cpgg9wt said:
nbk35zw":1cpgg9wt said:

Am I crazy?

I dunno about his playing style. But when he yelled in celebration of the play I instantly thought he looked like T.O.

This. This captures my reaction much better. Thanks my man!

SeaChase

Reaction score
The T.O from 2003 or the T.O that got cut during pre season?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Right now if we're going to compare:

Norwood reminds of the 2010 -2012 Ben Obomanu who had a couple seasons to develop. I feel Norwood is already a better WR but Obomanu had an all-around better game especially on ST.

Paul Richardson reminds me of a faster/quicker DJ Hackett (whom in one year (2006?) would catch everything).

Latest posts