Pricey to be a Hawks Fan..anyone actually get tickets legit?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Of course I totally forgot about the ticket sale at 10am today...have never got tickets anyway even when trying to get them legit through ticketmaster...So did anyone actually get any through the sale today?

I just went on NFL Ticket Exchange and saw the cheapest "scalped" ticket was $300 for a nosebleeder in the corner!!!! Tack on ticketmaster's fees etc and that's gonna be pricey!!! Not to mention our Canadian dollar sucks more than usual compared to the USD.

Guess I am just gonna have to wait for the NFC Championship game....

Comparatively for other Home divisional games:

Cowboys cheapest ticket on exchange is $66

Packers cheapest on exchange is $176

Broncos cheapest on exchange is $185

Pats won't allow to even view tickets unless a season ticket holder or waiting to become one????

Anyway, is this the price of following a winning team? I went to the NO div game last year and got good tickets at the 40 yd line upper bowl for 225 a piece. I remember being at the 50 3 rows behind the hawks sideline watching the artistry of Charlie Whitehurst in 2011 vs the Bengals for $200 a ticket!!

I would sure love to go to the game as many would I am sure but it seems as though you really have to break the bank to get to one now!!!

So why is it so more than the rest of the teams in the league????

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I was able to score 2 SRO tickets on the Seahawks side on the 50 yard line at 10am. I used the ticket master app on my phone because I thought there would be less traffic.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I have a co worker who has season tickets and already has a buyer at 4 face value lined up for the divisional round. It sucks, even when you know someone you cant get tickets without taking out a second mortgage.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I saw on the news that 98% of Seahawks season ticket holders bought playoff tickets at the pre-public offering. How many do you suppose were purchased just for re-selling?

OP, I think tickets are just more expensive here because of supply and demand - many Seahawks fans are both rabid and prosperous. Look at how many show up to away games. Look how many went to the Super Bowl.

drdiags

Reaction score
I was going to donate my Divisional tiks to .NET but a former co-worker asked me about them today. My son couldn't make it to the divisional round, he is expecting to make it to the NFCCG if/when the team makes it. Must be nice to have an old man like me .. hee hee!

Anyway, I have never re-sold my season tickets at a profit. Usually donate them or sell them at face value and always requiring that you be a fan of the team (except once when I couldn't unload the Tampa game to anyone).

I know guys like to bag on season ticket holders as a bunch of carpet-baggers but it isn't like you are guaranteeing your place in Seahawk heaven if you try doing the right thing. You still catch grief by some random irate fan no matter what your intentions.

These are the costs of success. No one cares how long or faithful you have been to the cause. The machine cannot afford to have compassion.

Reignman

Reaction score
I got one 300 level ticket on the app! I tried for two, then went back and forth from SRO to full game. Dropped down to 1 ticket and there it was. $180 otd. :mrgreen:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My wife and I have decided to sell ours simply because with her losing her Microsoft job, we can definitely use the money. We've spent tens of thousands of dollars on season tickets, parking, food, drinks, merch, since 2002 so when it comes time to finally make a little money (to pay for our season tickets next year or bills) I'm not going to feel bad about the well over face value price tag, especially if someone is willing to pay the price.

Now the NFCCG tickets I'm not giving up for notun' Honey!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
venuekings is the best secondary market imo. Last year they had saints tickets pretty cheap, like $130 or so for the 100 dollar tix.

Now they are at minimum $240, but if you wait it out, I bet it drops especially if we end up playing zona or carolina again.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":slf0h9j2 said:
Of course I totally forgot about the ticket sale at 10am today...have never got tickets anyway even when trying to get them legit through ticketmaster...So did anyone actually get any through the sale today?

I just went on NFL Ticket Exchange and saw the cheapest "scalped" ticket was $300 for a nosebleeder in the corner!!!! Tack on ticketmaster's fees etc and that's gonna be pricey!!! Not to mention our Canadian dollar sucks more than usual compared to the USD.

Guess I am just gonna have to wait for the NFC Championship game....

Comparatively for other Home divisional games:

Cowboys cheapest ticket on exchange is $66

Packers cheapest on exchange is $176

Broncos cheapest on exchange is $185

Pats won't allow to even view tickets unless a season ticket holder or waiting to become one????

Anyway, is this the price of following a winning team? I went to the NO div game last year and got good tickets at the 40 yd line upper bowl for 225 a piece. I remember being at the 50 3 rows behind the hawks sideline watching the artistry of Charlie Whitehurst in 2011 vs the Bengals for $200 a ticket!!

I would sure love to go to the game as many would I am sure but it seems as though you really have to break the bank to get to one now!!!

So why is it so more than the rest of the teams in the league????

Oh the life of a Season Ticket Holder. When everything is good, you're everyones best friend. People just expect you to give you a ticket, or just charge face value. That works for some people, and I try to live by that rule, but sometimes things are tough in life, and you need to recoup. I don't begrudge anyone doing whatever they like with their tickets cause they earned them, and they pay for them. No one cried for me when I paid for the 2002 and 2003 season. No one cried for me when I paid for the 2008 and 2009 season. Also that game in 2010 against the Browns that you paid $200 for, well my extra seat went empty that day cause I couldn't find anyone that actually wanted to attend that game, and I don't blame them. That was a stinkfest.

Here is my best advise, get on Blue Pride when you can, cause someday (and I hope it is many years from now) there will again be Season Tickets available, and then you can go whenever you want at face value, and donate the rest since you feel it is unfair.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It wasn't a bitch against you season ticket holders...just prices in general compared to the other teams left standing and inflation of cheering for a winning team....I am on the waiting list just like 100,000 other people out there!

jake206

Reaction score
stubhub $249 cheapest ticket for division tix-when i looked.

Largent80

Reaction score
I can't go anyway, so a 60" TV is fine with me.

Been there for MANY games over the years and prices have now gotten way out of hand because of brokers.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What I don't understand and maybe somebody can explain to me is why are tickets sold so cheap initially to the point where they sell out in like 2 seconds? You would think they would raise ticket prices and make more money instead of selling them cheap so that brokers can buy them up to resell for profit.

Chawks1

Reaction score
We live in Spokane. This is the first year in the last 16 years my daughters and I haven't been to at least 1 game during a season. It was just too expensive for the 3 of us to go to any of the games this year. But as I have told them, "I would rather have the trophy and watch each game on TV than still be chasing the trophy and go to every game."

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I've got a group of about 30 or so that get together for games and we watch on a 65" Sony HD. Fire ball, jello shots( green for field goals, blue for touchdowns) micro and domestics, salads, bar bq steaks, pulled pork, crab legs, smoked oysters, dips, chips and you name it all for the price of about $20.00. No kids, no women... I love the games live and in living color but we have a hell of a time!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear that some people are getting some :th2thumbs:
I've been a STH since 93, and feel fortunate to somehow always be able to come up with the money to do it. Some years it's tougher than others. But having the guarantee of your own seats for playoffs makes it worth it. Have always sold for Face value or lower, and/or given extra's to family. But I get why some people have to sell, times get tough, unexpected $$ going out, people lose jobs etc. I would love to think that everyone just sells to Hawks fans only, but it's just not reality unfortunately.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I have a friend who is so passionate to get tickets that he spent $10,000 up front to get charter seats and skip the line. He doesn't have weekends off at this point so he has sold most of his games this year and has put a serious dent in that initial investment. I get that. I haven't missed a game since Holmgren's last but as much as I love it I could see taking a year off if I had some bills to pay or maybe wanted to make some extra money if it was a year like this where the Super Bowl chance is above average. The thing I hate is the brokers but pretty hard to govern that.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im selling my Division round tickets and dont feel bad about it at all. Despite living across the Pacific ocean I made it to 6 home game and 2 away games this year. I fly home Saturday and wasnt going to attend any play off games this year but the reality of it is setting in and I think I will come back for the Conference championship game if we make it. I will use the money from the division round to buy the air ticket back...just about the only way to justify it to my wife whom I initially told I wouldnt be attending the playoffs after spending all of January over here last year....