Team That Scares Me Most

seahawksny

Reaction score
Honestly gotta say Carolina
We have given up an average of 6 points over last 5 games

Carolina I read is giving up only 10. Very similar stats

Two great defenses, and our last three games in regular season vs them have been dogfights.

If we do play them i would expect mirror images of some of our nfc west division slugfests.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a 10-6 Hawks victory. NEXT!

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'd love to see Cam n Gang come into the Clink on January 10th. It's been said before, he seems to wilt if things aren't going his way. I could see us getting up a touchdown or so and then ending up running away with it because he can't make plays.

idahawks

Reaction score
seahawksny":1m5jjndj said:

Two great defenses, and our last three games in regular season vs them have been dogfights.

If we do play them i would expect mirror images of some of our nfc west division slugfests.

You're kidding right? The 7-8-1 panthers who we've beat 3 years in a row now on the road? You do know we beat them this year in Carolina in week 8. I'd predict a 31-6 beat down at clink at this point in the season. I honestly think the cards may take them this weekend. The south is a joke.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
idahawks":28mf9jdm said:
seahawksny":28mf9jdm said:

You're kidding right? The 7-8-1 panthers who we've beat 3 years in a row now on the road? You do know we beat them this year in Carolina in week 8. I'd predict a 31-6 beat down at clink at this point in the season. I honestly think the cards may take them this weekend. The south is a joke.

People just get really convinced by whatever is the huge blowout that they saw most recently.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
(That said, I can't agree with the part about Arizona beating them. The Fighting Lindleys will beat nobody ever.)

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
not really worried about any one team. I guess that means I am worried about all teams equally. Any given Sunday, right?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Honestly...I was more "scared of" the Rams to end the season than the Lions, Panthers, or Cards (oh my!)

Chawks1

Reaction score
The Panthers? Who won the division by winning their final 4 games vs Saints, Bucs, Browns and Atlanta??? Those Panthers? I dont think you have much to worry about then.

MagHawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":bniaosnf said:
not really worried about any one team. I guess that means I am worried about all teams equally. Any given Sunday, right?

I would have to say I agree with this.

In all reality, I don't care who comes here. When the 'Hawks are playing ball their way, I don't think there is a team in this league that can beat them.

kearly

Reaction score
The two previous games, Carolina played Tampa and the Browns in Carolina and barely won. Tampa has the #1 pick, and the Browns game was the one where Manziel started and was injured early on. The Browns have had one of the worst offenses ever to close out a season.

The Falcons game was impressive but it doesn't translate vs. a team like Seattle. 21 points came either via a pick six or the next snap after a fumble deep inside Falcon's territory. Obviously, they won't be doing that to the Hawks, nor would they rush for 194 yards against Seattle's elite run defense.

The win over the Saints was very impressive, only 10 of their 31 points were off turnovers, and they rushed for 271 yards. The Saints were notoriously up and down this season though, and surprisingly terrible at home (with the exception of Green Bay).

I guess it's fair to say that Carolina looks like a legit playoff team, moreso than Arizona. But they are a team completely built around running the ball and getting turnovers, and Seattle is the worst matchup in the NFL for them.

ctrcat

Reaction score
A few things.

Cam wasn't even a shell of himself until about week 6 until you saw signs, then Burfict re-twisted the ankle and he was beat around like a rag doll behind a crappy OL and could never truly heal the ankle or ribs, and at times played like it. After the bye week he amazingly looked somewhat healthy, but then the car accident w/broken back took him out against the Bucs and made him understandably hesitant against the Browns. @ATL he looked amazing. Which is amazing, and nothing short of.

On D, many thought Hardy would be back after 6 games, which would have made sense. Then he had a November 17 court date, which was postponed. It wasn't until after this that the D truly moved on.

Other differences from mid-season-

No-namers Norwell, Remmers, and Turner are better on the OL than no-namers Silatolu, Chandler, and Scott

No-namers Norman/Benwikere/Boston are better than no-namers White/Cason/DeCoud (not even close)

UDFA Philly Brown is better at WR than recenly cut veteran Jason Avant

DeAngelo Williams injury has been addition by subtraction

Charles Johnson wasn't 100% until after the bye

Frank Alexander returned from his second suspension and added depth to a newly healthy and hungry DL.

Chawks1

Reaction score
ctrcat":2h320acp said:
A few things.

Cam wasn't even a shell of himself until about week 6 until you saw signs, then Burfict re-twisted the ankle and he was beat around like a rag doll behind a crappy OL and could never truly heal the ankle or ribs, and at times played like it. After the bye week he amazingly looked somewhat healthy, but then the car accident w/broken back took him out against the Bucs and made him understandably hesitant against the Browns. @ATL he looked amazing. Which is amazing, and nothing short of.

On D, many thought Hardy would be back after 6 games, which would have made sense. Then he had a November 17 court date, which was postponed. It wasn't until after this that the D truly moved on.

No-namers Norwell, Remmers, and Turner are better on the OL than no-namers Silatolu, Chandler, and Scott

No-namers Norman/Benwikere/Boston are better than no-namers White/Cason/DeCoud (not even close)

Frank Alexander returned from his second suspension and added depth to a newly healthy and hungry DL.

So you're saying Cam looked amazing against the 32nd ranked D, in front of a notoriously fickle fanbase with a lame duck coach? I'm sure that will translate equally well vs the topped ranked D, Pete Caroll, and the 12th man in Seattle. Good luck with that.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":akdn3wq5 said:
A few things.

No offense, but everyone has injuries. There isn't a player out there that isn't dinged up this time of year. I am sure you believe your team is truly special and is destined for greatness. However, we have played them 3 years in a row at your place, and the results have been positive. A win against the Falcons honestly means nothing to me, and wins against the Bucs, Browns, and Saints even less. Here's to a game with no injuries.

ctrcat

Reaction score
tacomahawk":8u41tgk4 said:
ctrcat":8u41tgk4 said:
A few things.

No offense, but everyone has injuries. There isn't a player out there that isn't dinged up this time of year. I am sure you believe your team is truly special and is destined for greatness. However, we have played them 3 years in a row at your place, and the results have been positive. A win against the Falcons honestly means nothing to me, and wins against the Bucs, Browns, and Saints even less. Here's to a game with no injuries.

Quite the opposite I was honestly not expecting anything after the Vikings game or the car accident. Love him or hate him it's nothing short of impressive for someone to recover from a serious car accident that fast and play football at the highest level regardless of opponent. Just adding additional insight is all.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
If Newton was all you were talking about, ok, good for him. However there was an awful lot of extra stuff thrown in about other people that just sounded like apologies for your record. If any fanbase out there can relate to what yours is going through, it is ours. We remember 2010, and what it was like. Reporters laughing, people laughing, but the Cardinals are hardly the Saints of 2010, and we are heardly the Bears of 2010. I am sure you will beat the Cardinals, but......Well I can't say anything really positive about your chances after that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ctrcat":1thgkhvo said:
Quite the opposite I was honestly not expecting anything after the Vikings game or the car accident. Love him or hate him it's nothing short of impressive for someone to recover from a serious car accident that fast and play football at the highest level regardless of opponent. Just adding additional insight is all.

It absolutely is impressive what Cam's done post car accident. Hell, most people thought he was probably done for the year.

But he's been terrible against the Hawks............IN Carolina. So I give him no shot to come up here after getting pounded by a very good Arizona D and compete against an even better more physical D.

Carolina is a nice story how they finished, but that's it.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
idahawks":3ie97mj0 said:
seahawksny":3ie97mj0 said:

No im not kidding
Week 8 was as tight as they come. 13-7 and could have broken our season. Also and its pretty hard not to notice, we have looked better on road than at home in recent weeks. Cards could take them, but might not

West was a joke in '10- Tell that to Drew Brees. Any given Sunday

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawksny":1ykkmr2w said:
idahawks":1ykkmr2w said:
seahawksny":1ykkmr2w said:

No im not kidding
Week 8 was as tight as they come. 13-7 and could have broken our season. Also and its pretty hard not to notice, we have looked better on road than at home in recent weeks. Cards could take them, but might not

West was a joke in '10- Tell that to Drew Brees. Any given Sunday

True, and that's why I expect Carolina to beat Arizona. But in '10, Seattle then went on the road and was blown out by Jay Cutler. JAY CUTLER. Cam Newton has never played in Seattle before. The 12's will be waiting.