Would Josh Gordon be a good fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Looks like the Browns will look to trade Gordon
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/ray_farmer_expects_josh_gordon.html

While I am certainly sick of the WR prima donas and the Harvin experiment will still hurt us down the road, would it make any sense to look into Josh Gordon. More than anything to make it on this team you have to be a good teammate and be willing to compete every play (including practice). A guy of his talent can really make a difference on our offense.

What do you think the browns can get for him. It would depend on how many years he has remaining under team control and that will depend on how his appeal goes. I would think based on his history not more than a 4th round draft choice.

On the other hand he could be a cancer and the hell with him

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You said it yourself..."to make it on this team you have to be a good teammate and be willing to compete every play (including practice)"

This is a guy that got called out for his bad practice habits

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hmm would one of the top 5 true receivers in the league be a good fit? Umm yep, too bad he's going to be a restricted free agent.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Harvin 2.0. No thanks, I would rather have all our rookies get enough reps to grow. We don't throw very often, super star WRs will get bored and do more off field stuff. Why ruin his and Seahawks philosophy?

Mick063

Reaction score
The guy is a stud. Much more of a true receiver than a gadget guy like Harvin.

I would have to see the price that would come with respect to who Seattle would sacrifice. I have a feeling it would be too much.

If it means losing Wagner, I would say no. Further, I would want Wilson to be totally sold on the guy. In other words, trust Gordon can make a play when he appears to be covered albeit in single coverage. Wilson is the anti-Farve. About as far from a gunslinger as you can get. Gordon would serve little purpose if Wilson is running around in circles instead of throwing the ball on time. For that reason, I don't know if there is value in investing in wide receivers at the moment.

As it stands, Wilson is much too conservative to heavily invest in wide receivers. He sees the wrong colored jersey and his automatic response is to run, scramble, or throw the ball out of bounds. With respect to scramble drills, any NFL receiver can break coverage given five seconds to do so. You don't need a superstar receiver for that. I would prefer bringing in some stud offensive lineman and go all in with the run game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If we could get him for the pick we got for Harvin (6th) then I would give him a shot. The suspension risk and the character flaws are too much to give up anything more for him. A change of scenery should do him good, wherever he ends up. It's just not going to work for him in Cleveland.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
The pick wouldn't be the problem, it would be the contract that he'd want. Seahawks have been burned too many times with free agent/trade WRs for my taste.

seabowl

Reaction score
seahawks08":1staiig6 said:
Harvin 2.0. No thanks, I would rather have all our rookies get enough reps to grow. We don't throw very often, super star WRs will get bored and do more off field stuff. Why ruin his and Seahawks philosophy?

Agree. Can't take the chance with what we have going now. With this said if Marshawn retires (which I don't think will happen) this team will have to find another way to move the ball consistently down the field. For this reason and others we must find additional help at the WR spot.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A prima donna "give me more catches" WR coming to Seattle to play for Russell "25 throws per game" Wilson? I'd have to say that's a recipe for disaster.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":ynlkklfd said:
The pick wouldn't be the problem, it would be the contract that he'd want. Seahawks have been burned too many times with free agent/trade WRs for my taste.

BINGO!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd take him. He's the best reciecer in the league with a good QB. He has his issues but its become obvious that the browns aren't run very well. I think around the guys in Seattle he might right the ship. I know people will say "but harvin. . " .but harvin har issues with everyone, Gordon see s to be likes by his teammates, just can't leave the weed alone and is undisciplined. That's fixable when you're a young guy.

. . And I'm not even going to bother correcting this phone typed mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.