No moves at DT?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seems like we need to be kicking the tires on whomever is out there with Hill's uncertain status. We only have McDaniel and Williams if Hill can't go. No DT's listed on the practice squad either, though I could swear I heard something about Staten recently. What's the alternative? Give Bennett more inside reps and Tukuafu more snaps at DE?

Mick063

Reaction score
Did you catch the play of our fullback playing DT last week? He executed the stunt perfectly and was in the backfield as quickly as I have seen any other Seattle DT this year.

He also got a carry on third down and picked up two yards like an unstoppable battering Ram. Very quick out of the stance for such a big guy. First down!

That to go along with some punishing blocks on linebackers and corners.

He is getting used quite often in a variety of roles. If it came down to it, I wouldn't be concerned about him being used more often at DT.

How can you not keep a versatile player like that on your roster? Personally, I like him more than Coleman.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They will reevaluate Hill at the beginning of next week and them make a decision then, I would guess.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Buddy of mine works for the Hawks. Says Hill was in for treatment most of this week even though the team has been off and is moving around really well. He's pretty sure Hill will be good to go in the Divisional round.

Chawks1

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":u5hevr8u said:
Buddy of mine works for the Hawks. Says Hill was in for treatment most of this week even though the team has been off and is moving around really well. He's pretty sure Hill will be good to go in the Divisional round.

Thanks! This is what I wanted to hear.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
They already did. They signed David King off the Bengals' practice squad.

628x471.jpg

RiverDog

Reaction score
Mick063":1xfk00om said:
Did you catch the play of our fullback playing DT last week? He executed the stunt perfectly and was in the backfield as quickly as I have seen any other Seattle DT this year.

He also got a carry on third down and picked up two yards like an unstoppable battering Ram. Very quick out of the stance for such a big guy. First down!

He is getting used quite often in a variety of roles. If it came down to it, I wouldn't be concerned about him being used more often at DT.

How can you not keep a versatile player like that on your roster? Personally, I like him more than Coleman.

Yea, I saw that, too. It looked pretty strange seeing a jersey with the number 46 on it rushing the quarterback.

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":bmu7cq0p said:

Thanks, that's very encouraging. The training staff will probably handle him like gold all the way until game time.

As far as the various comments about King and Dobbs go, they are listed on the roster as 'DE.' Not sure how well any of them can play on the inside, but according to Pete, Hill is a 'big deal' and integral to our 4-man pass rush.

Great to hear something positive about him.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks only have 52 players on the active roster. They may be looking for a DL. But with King, Tukuafu and Dobbs they probably don't see the need. Hopefully Hill will be available next week.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mick063":2808n54r said:

You posted my thoughts exactly. You have to be pretty quick to be able to play FB; if you're a plodder, you won't catch half the LBers in this league anymore. I hope they keep Tukuafu. It's a perfect situation: we don't get a ton of reps to the FB, and as a rotational guy, he isn't racking up a ton of reps either, so we're using him rotationally in two distinctly different roles and not wearing him out.